Steve McNair dead from shooting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Steve McNair dead from shooting

Just read some of McNair's mother's comments.  McNair maintained homes in both Nashville and Mississippi (I suspect near his family home and possibly somewhere poor). 

I wondered if McNair could ever really go home.  If he did, would any of this have happened, and my initial thought is probably not. 

But - going home begets another problem for many of these athletes that grew up poor (and by the way, I do not know if this is the case with McNair).  When you grow up poor AND go home, its much more likely that you become Mike Vick. 

Those that are poor that never found their way out have likely started living the less savory lifestyle they were accustomed to seeing when they grew up.  Athletes going home puts them in this kind of position. 

So you don't go home and live somewhere else and have a life less fulfilling without those that you really know.  I am a home boy and I just can't imagine that life would be as good if I could not be here. 

while these guys make a mint, this is just one of those things that money can't buy, and I do feel sorry for these guys in that regard. 

A bit of a rambling post, I know.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

It's a shame that this thread turned into a shouting match.

Rest in Peace Air McNair. You will be missed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Steve McNair dead from shooting:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steve McNair dead from shooting : Can you please post your picture. I want to show my children a perfect example of how not to be and you definitely make that grade. Thanks.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Seems to me that the more important lesson for both children and adults is to use this to demontrate the potential tragic consequences of McNair's unfortunate behavior. I can understand why some would say to lay off the 36 year old decedent out of respect for him and his family. Nonetheless, McNair, a father of 4 boys, betrayed his wife and family to involve himself with a 20 year old girl. His selfish behavior led directly to his death, and an incalculable amount of pain to those whom he left behind. Sorry...my sympathies are for them, not for him.

Heres' an article which sheds some light on the pain of McNair's immediate family: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2009/07/06/2009-07-06_untitled__3mcnair06m.html.

McNair was shot 4 times, twice in the chest, and twice in the head. His 20 year old mistress, Saleh Kazemi, was shot once in the head, and the murder weapon was found lying beneath her slumped body. At first, it was assumed that this was a murder/suicide...with the 20 year old shooting McNair, and then taking her own life. But...perhaps this was made to look like a murder/suicide.  

The investigation has revealed the Kazemi had a very jealous ex-boyfriend, who was desparately trying to win her back from McNair. The fact that McNair was shot 4 times seems to indicates that this was a crime of passion. In addition, Kamezi was killed after McNair was shot...and if she shot herself, how is it that the gun would end up beneath her prone body?

Another theory is that this was a professional "hit" on McNair: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/06/eddie-george-thinks-mcnair-case-might-not-be-open-and-shut/

On the other hand, just two days before their deaths, Kamezi had been driving an expensive vehicle that she jointly owned with McNair...when she was pulled over for DWI. McNair was a passenger with her at the time, was allowed to leave the scene in a taxi. No mention of his presence was made in the police report. Kamezi was expecting McNair to divorce his wife, and marry her...though they had only been dating for a few months. Furthermore, police have discovered that Kamezi has purchased a gun just prior to the shooting: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090706/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_mcnair_killed_57. So, if McNair had met with Kamezi on July 4th to discuss breaking up with her...that would clearly have given her a motive.

Heres' a good article on the latest happenings in the ongoing investigation: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090706/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_mcnair_killed_56    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Hey s crew you Tex.  The man is dead, he doesn't need you pissing all over his grave.  And I'm pretty sure your sympathies don't mean $h!t to his family while you're spreading rumors about their husband/father on the internet.  He's dead and you don't know anything about him so you have no right to judge him.  God will judge him.  Let the man rest in peace. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the media has everything posted in so many ways and forms.they will write up what they want all of us to see,rather it be the truth or not.its up to us to decide what happened.was the guy cheating on his wife?from what it sounds, he was,is it our business?well it is if everything we read,or hear makes it our business.is it sad,and unfortunate this happened?yes it is.ive always said the media can make or break someone.a man like mcnair or any of us could do a life time of great things,and good deeds,and it only takes one bad deed if made public to wipe it all away in many peoples eyes.its sad how that works,but i can name many celebrities who were famous that now have negative out looks from people because of an unfortunate event.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I would say this is a sad day for football but he didnt plaqy football anymore so he was already lost to the game. But It is sad that this had to happen to him. I feel bad for his four kids more then anything else. I feel no need to bash the man nor do i feel the need to be all up in arms the way Mighty is over someone saying something he does not like. He was a great football player and from what I read he was a good man. But bad things happen to good people so I dont think we need to make more out of this then it is. A good man dead before his time and although I agree that he put himself in that situation by cheating on the mother of his kids with a 20 year old I dont really care. In teh end all that matters, all that anyone will remember is that when he played he was great and he died before his time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steve McNair dead from shooting :      Seems to me that the more important lesson for both children and adults is to use this to demontrate the potential tragic consequences of McNair's unfortunate behavior. I can understand why some would say to lay off the 36 year old decedent out of respect for him and his family. Nonetheless, McNair, a father of 4 boys, betrayed his wife and family to involve himself with a 20 year old girl. His selfish behavior led directly to his death, and an incalculable amount of pain to those whom he left behind. Sorry...my sympathies are for them, not for him.      blah blah blah...    
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Get a life. 

The man cheated on his wife. It doesn't mean he deserved to die. And, contrary to what you might think, a lot of people actually do have affairs without getting killed. I am not saying cheating on your wife is correct; It isn't. I am saying that your If/Then supposition that cheating on your wife equals death is just freaking absurd. It isn't like he had a child out of wedlock.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Right on Root - the punishment (if that was a result of his cheating) does not fit the crime. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[QUOTE]Right on Root - the punishment (if that was a result of his cheating) does not fit the crime. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

For me. what a player does off the field in his personal relationships does not concern me in any way. My only concern is what he does on the field. Mc Nair was gutsy performer that came inches away from winning a Super Bowl. He was a great competitor and seemed like a decent person. I can't say a disparaging word about him. Unfortunately, professional sports is often lacking quality individuals and any time something truly tragic happens to one of them it is a sad loss. RIP Steve Mc Nair.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steve McNair dead from shooting : Get a life.  The man cheated on his wife. It doesn't mean he deserved to die. And, contrary to what you might think, a lot of people actually do have affairs without getting killed. I am not saying cheating on your wife is correct; It isn't. I am saying that your If/Then supposition that cheating on your wife equals death is just freaking absurd. It isn't like he had a child out of wedlock.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Where did I say that McNair deserved to die? All I said was that my sympathies lie more with his family, than with him. Now his sons have to grow up without their father. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Hey s crew you Tex.  The man is dead, he doesn't need you pissing all over his grave.  And I'm pretty sure your sympathies don't mean $h!t to his family while you're spreading rumors about their husband/father on the internet.  He's dead and you don't know anything about him so you have no right to judge him.  God will judge him.  Let the man rest in peace. 
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

Mighty:

This is a discussion forum, last time I checked. Nor am I "spreading rumors". All my comments were based on information gathered from the cited articles, which I posted.

Are we to ignore what happened because the man was murdered? He was murdered as a direct result of his shameful conduct. Frankly, I'm tired of hearing the media singing the praises about what a great man McNair was. To quote from "The Godfather" movie..."a man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."

Perhaps if the police and prosecutors chose not to give McNair a pass previously everytime he got in trouble...including two nights before he was murdered, he would still be alive today.

The main tragedy in this is that now, McNair's four sons have to navigate their way through life, without their father. The bottom line is, what McNair did was incredibly selfish, and his actions should not be swept under the rug...despite how many TDs the guy scored.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

With all due apologies to Enoch, Mighty, and others who may be offended...heres' more on the McNair murder. Apparently, McNair and his wife were preparing to sell their current home for $2.9mil., to buy another by a lake. This doesn't sound like the actions of a man who was preparing to get a divorce: http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/06/mcnairs-were-looking-to-buy-another-home/.

Its' interesting to read the comments beneath this article...and the other articles which I have posted.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

We don't need to speculate about McNair's personal life.  It is none of our business.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

It is a little weird, that when a player who is not dead does something dumb in his personal life people have no problem sticking there nose were it does not belong but because McNair died a traggic death its none of our business? Dont get me wrong I dont think a players personal life is ever any of our business but its a little backwords for some people to claim his personal life is off limits when they would more then willingly bring up a different players personal life. I mean how many times have we talked about Pac man jones? or Tank Johnson? And how many of those times were we talking about their personal life and not football? But all of a sudden ebcause McNair is dead its no one bussiness? I am just saying be consistint if your going to say things like that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

its kind of hard that its not our business,when the media makes it our business.but we all have made comments on diffrent players and there off the feild issues. vick,pac man,oj simpson ect.the only diffrence these guys have not died yet.so i guess it makes it a diffrent issue.sure when someone dies its sad to hear criticism.for example look at the thing with michael jackson.he has many fans,and haters,but on every blog there are many hateful things being said on his funeral today.its sad.but we are gonna see the hate comments,or the comments that are not candy coated.its on every kind of blog that says post a comment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

It's an interesting question.

Is it any of our business?

Celebrities invite us into their lives through their success. They often use their high visibility as a means to promote worthy causes, as was the case with McNair. To then turn around, when something unseemly comes to light, and say "His personal life is none of our business" is a cop out of epic proportions. I'm sorry, but I am not one of these people who believe that dying is a "Get Out of Jail Free" card. I am no big fan of the prying media, but I'm pretty sure I like infidelity less. Sometimes there is a price to be paid for bad decisions and sometimes there isn't. In this case, McNair wanted to get his freak on with some young strange and the price turned out to be his life.

Does that make him a bad guy?

Certainly no worse than countless thousands of other men and women you've never heard of who betray their families on a daily basis. McNair is no better nor worse than any of them, and the fact that he could throw a ball fifty miles does not absolve him of his human frailty. It is unfortunate for his family that this unpleasantness will be bandied about in the media and in forums like this for a few days, until Manny Ramirez does his next stupid thing or some deranged Frenchman takes a shot at Lance Armstrong or Shaq opens his mouth or . . .

well, whatever.

Celebrity is a double-edged sword. You can't enjoy  fame and retain privacy, any more than you can eat your cake and keep it, too.

This is a sad story, but what's more sad than this story is that this kind of thing goes on all the time and is barely a blip on the radar, until somebody we pretend to know has to pay a price for indiscretion.

Reap what you sow, kids.

Whether you choose or no, reap what you sow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

So I take it someone cheated on and broke Pmikes heart at some point in his life huh guys? LoL I agree PMike that if he had stayed true to his family he would not have been in a possision where he could have been killed in a jealous way. The way it looks right now is his very young girlfriend thought that he was going to give up his family and get a divorce so that McNair could marry his hot new girlfriend (who by the way is ugly as f*ck) and when McNair tryed to call it off after the DUI surely made him rethink what he was doing and he was shot in a jealous rage. He shouldnt have been toying with some young girls heart that way if he never intended to actually leave his wife. And because of this mistake which we all make he is dead. I feel sorry for his kids more then anything but it is a fact, if he had thought with his head instead of with his d*ck he wouldnt be dead right now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

I sincerely hope that NOTHING ever happens to any one your loved ones, friends, etc... We STILL don't really know what has happened (besides the deaths).  Everything is still speculative.  We may surmise, but it's still speculation.  Would each of you want your biggest indiscretion made public?  I don't think so.  Contrary to what we like to think, we don't own the rights to anyone.  Last I checked, only 1 perfect human being has ever walked this planet, and even he was murdered.  Let's stop pretending that we are perfect.  We all fall short on promises made or expectations not matter how small or great.  As for me, I fall short (try as I may), to put a bigger smile on the face of my children.  I forget to tell my wife how much I really do love her.  I get caught up in the "larger things" of everday life and forget to tend to the little things. I get upset when I disagree with guys about an issue that has absolutely nothing to do with me personally.  I am human and because I am I die daily in the eyes of my creator.  Fella's if you don't see where I'm coming from, then I've got bigger fish to fry.  Much love and respect to the Patriot's Nation... OUT

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Suspicions begin to mount concerning Keith Norfleet, the ex-boyfriend of McNair's 20 year old girlfriend, Sahel Kazemi. It appears that Kazemi ditched  Norfleet for McNair. 

Norfleet admitted to police to having gone "looking" for Kazemi at the condo where McNair was murdered, on the day of the murder. Norfleet is a rapper. Check out his eerie rap lyrics: http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/rappers-chilling-lyrics-eerily-similar-mcnairs-murder

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

There has never been nor will there ever be a perfect human being on this plannet plaintruth, no one is perfect....no one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from theplaintruth. Show theplaintruth's posts

Sir,
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion as I AM ENTITLED to MY BELIEFS.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Here lies a man who was found cheating on his wife, left his 4 boys to be with a woman who was almost their age.  He bought his new princess an Escallade and then she shot him. 

Sounds like a lot of bad decisions that shouldn't be celebrated!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Who is celebrating his bad choices? As far as I can see people are celebrating his career in teh game of football and the life he made for himself. No one is celebrating his f*ck up's they are celebratinmg the man he was before he made these mistakes as in the countless people he helped through his charitys and the people he touched with his toughness and grit on the football field week in and week out. No one is celebrating his mistakes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Plain Truth, just out of curiosity, where in the bible does it say Jesus was a perfect man? I dont remember that part, as far as I remember he was a man and man is not perfect so therefore Jesus was not perfect. I was not challenging your beleafs I just litterally dont remember anyone ever claiming he was perfect. I of course am assuming you were talking about Jesus when you made that statement if not please let me know and i will drop it.

Sections
Shortcuts