STEVE SMITH or JARED ALLEN?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Re: STEVE SMITH or JARED ALLEN?

I would prefer Jared, I think we could use a known and proven pass rusher over another WR, though i wouldnt cry if we got either one and not the other. Both would be even better.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Allen isn't getting paid all that money after BB already paid Nink. He's looking for a pass rusher, not a everydown player.

Peppers is the more likely addition, as is Tuck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Restructure, restructure and more restructure, THEN SIGN ALLEN AND SMITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Bill!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Allen wants to much....Peppers would be decent indeed...

It's now time to bring back Edleman and sign Smith and maybe Emmanual...I doubt Dobson is worth anything this year after his surgery...we don't even know if his bones will knit properly...neither do the MD's, that's why he had the screws put in there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1273. Show Rich1273's posts

I'd prefer Allen over Smith, but it depends on if he's willing to play a reduced role and be a situational player. If Allen still sees himself as a starter and wants and can get starter money elsewhere, look for someone else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Rich1273's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd prefer Allen over Smith, but it depends on if he's willing to play a reduced role and be a situational player. If Allen still sees himself as a starter and wants and can get starter money elsewhere, look for someone else.

[/QUOTE]

Allen suppossedly going to Seatlle today...forget Allen

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Allen.  Seattle demonstrated that defense still wins championships.  Our secondary is now stronger, next comes the d line, and then the offense. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Allen at $10 mil a year vs. Smith at less than half that? Give me Smith. But I'd prefer Sanders and Tuck myself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

They can probably free up enough to bring in a WR and a pass rusher.  Though not one named Allen or Smith.  The already have Nink and Jones, but they need another pass rusher in the rotation, Peppers or Tuck would be great. 

The WR might be Edelman, Fell or Sanders. The Offense was pretty good when the receivers were healthy.  They might dump Amendola later on which has been discussed. I'd imagine they draft a TE and OL. 

98.5 was menioning that inaddition to extending VW, Gronk could be done, as well as waive some vets.  That might include VW if he balks, Wilson and maybe Kelly depending on VW. They can prolly spend another 10M on FAs with enough for rookies and surplus for replacements. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to croc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They can probably free up enough to bring in a WR and a pass rusher.  Though not one named Allen or Smith.  The already have Nink and Jones, but they need another pass rusher in the rotation, Peppers or Tuck would be great. 

The WR might be Edelman, Fell or Sanders. The Offense was pretty good when the receivers were healthy.  They might dump Amendola later on which has been discussed. I'd imagine they draft a TE and OL. 

98.5 was menioning that inaddition to extending VW, Gronk could be done, as well as waive some vets.  That might include VW if he balks, Wilson and maybe Kelly depending on VW. They can prolly spend another 10M on FAs with enough for rookies and surplus for replacements. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they dump Amendola now, they just paid him $2 mill yesterday.  If they were going to dump him I would think they would have done it before having to pay the $2 mill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

...98.5 was menioning that inaddition to extending VW, Gronk could be done, as well as waive some vets.  That might include VW if he balks, Wilson and maybe Kelly depending on VW. They can prolly spend another 10M on FAs with enough for rookies and surplus for replacements. 

[/QUOTE]

Where does this come from? People making stuff up out of thin air? He'll be back. Besides, he carries almost $9 mil in dead money if he's released and only $5.4 mil cap hit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

we need to make a new deal with Vince and logan, + cut Conolly & Adrian Wilson we can get 7 - 8 millions to play with.

maybe wave some other guys to get 1.5 more...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

defence, defence, defence, and a little OL please.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

[QUOTE]

...98.5 was menioning that inaddition to extending VW, Gronk could be done, as well as waive some vets.  That might include VW if he balks, Wilson and maybe Kelly depending on VW. They can prolly spend another 10M on FAs with enough for rookies and surplus for replacements. 

Where does this come from? People making stuff up out of thin air? He'll be back. Besides, he carries almost $9 mil in dead money if he's released and only $5.4 mil cap hit.

[/QUOTE]

That mean's Gronk's contract could be re-done. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

if we could only have one of the two, I'd choose Allen to help w/ pass rush.  We can address receiving needs via a TE pick in the draft.

Sections
Shortcuts