Steve Smith!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Re: Steve Smith!!

you all are probably right, a first too high, and the Patriots probably would find more value using the seconds for draft picks. Still I would love him on this team. His talent is being wasted with the Panthers right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!!:
    I'm basing it on the fact Smith is old and not long for this league and the fact Randy Moss was only worth a 4th. Are you seriously going to say Smith is better than Randy was when the Pats got him?
    Posted by rtuinila

He is 30 that is not old for a WR, like I said he still has at least 4 years.  He won't be as beat up if he goes to a team with an accurate QB and multiple options at WR.
    I wish you were the Panthers VP of personal so we can sent you this year's 4th I'll throw in AD for free.  Smith is a player you will bring toughness and teach guys how to find holes in the D.  He's contribution won't only be with 1000+ yards and TDs he makes everyone around him better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

A first rounder for Steve Smith?  Please stop. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

This one actually makes since, I love Smith and I'm sure it probably wouldn't take a 1st round anymore.  The Rams are in rebuild mode and would love to add a few extra picks specially in this draft. I would make it part of the deal they HAVE to take AD lol as part of it, would offer 44, AD and 2011 3rd or 4th for Smith and Eric Moore.
    Posted by Pats7393

I agree not a first but here's what I suggested would probably can get done.  can be the 53rd if that's better but 53rd AD and 2011 3rd or 4th for Steve Smith and LB Eric Moore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'm for getting good players when ever you can and Steve Smith is good. I haven't heard any rumors of Carolina being interested in moving him though and if you go to Carolina and say you'd like to make a deal the price automically goes up right there if they want to trade him at all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Steve Smith!!:
    Of the Panthers-- love to have this guy on our team!! He is the Rodney Harrison of the offense  Carolina does not have a first round pick--would a trade be worth it- I think so.  Carolina seems to to be adrift right now and maybe Richerson would make a deal with his good friend Kraft.
    Posted by NEGAME

Hey GAMER! Not a bad suggestion. Maybe if they would accept our lowest 2nd and we won't make the mistake of taking Tebow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I'm for getting good players when ever you can and Steve Smith is good. I haven't heard any rumors of Carolina being interested in moving him though and if you go to Carolina and say you'd like to make a deal the price automically goes up right there if they want to trade him at all.
    Posted by ewhite1065

I don't think the Panthers have said he's available for a trade but this might be a case where Smith might have had enough in Carolina.  He said he doesn't want to be the #1 there anymore and a few other things.  I think the lack of moves the rebuild from the ground up thought might have him hopping to go somewhere else, can you blame him?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

i like him but i say no. We have welker still yeah he is hurt and will be gone for a little bit this season but than under him is edelman and tate. Edelman is like a smaller version of welker and will do a fine job in his place til his return. Smith is getting older and gets hurt a little to often for me. I'd stick with edelman and tate until welkers return so than we can draft other things we need
    Posted by patsfan1994

Edleman 6'0" 198lbs
    Welker   5'9" 185lbs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

Steve Smith would be a great addition for a second round pick.  He is the face of the Panther’s franchise so Jerry Richardson would probably want a first round pick for Steve. Smith is tenacious and would eat DBs alive across from Moss.  His drive to win would be great for the Pat’s locker room (the offensive equivalent of Rodney Harrison was a good comparison).  His lack of production last year was due to the fact that he was the only viable receiving threat on the Panthers and he was playing with a dreadful quarter back.   Carolina has a huge hole at the receiver position, which makes the trade unlikely, however, Carolina has been dumping big contracts in favor of getting younger. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I like Steve Smith, but here is what I would do...

Give Carolina our 22nd.
    Carolina gives us their 2nd round pick plus Steve Smith.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Give up our first rounder, where there is plenty of pass rushing help, to get another second and Smith?  Have you people lost your minds?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!! : you know we are talking about Steve Smith of the Carolina Panthers right?  What are you basing your statement on?  One of the most productive WRs in the NFL even in a team that has little talent around him.  Even with a running game there's no one across from him Ds really have to worry about.  Even if you put 8 in or 9 in the box he still gets double teamed and produces every year.
    Posted by Pats7393

Granted, he's been a great receiver but he'll also be 31 years old in a couple of months. Our second rounders are gold. We can't be giving them up for aging players that other teams want to dump.

I'd say a fourth at most, maybe a third next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chino4858. Show Chino4858's posts

I'd take him but not fopr a first roundr. Maybe we can package something with Car? Let face it, Welker wont be ready no matter how many times he says he will be. He is a WR who relies on his cutting ability to gain yards after the catch. That is a serious injury that needs TIME, a lot of time to heal. At the end of the day, we will need one more WR. Is Tate healthy?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!! : You are insane if you think steve smith is only worth a 4th round pick... And you cant compare him to randy moss, moss' situation was different. People (including the raiders which is all that matters) thought he was DONE. Guarantee u the panthers dont think he is done... he has been productive and has not quit on his team...
    Posted by Coolguy55220

I really like Steve Smith but in making business decisions you can't let emotion get to you too much. I think he is worth a 4th because you probably won't get more than 3 years at a high level of production out of him and his production will most likely be going down every year. He has the "Name" for a 2nd but in reality is probably only worth a 4th or a 5th.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Give up our first rounder, where there is plenty of pass rushing help, to get another second and Smith?  Have you people lost your minds?
    Posted by 123meg

NEXT YEAR.....we have 2.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!! : I really like Steve Smith but in making business decisions you can't let emotion get to you too much. I think he is worth a 4th because you probably won't get more than 3 years at a high level of production out of him and his production will most likely be going down every year. He has the "Name" for a 2nd but in reality is probably only worth a 4th or a 5th.
    Posted by rtuinila

LOL!  Wow, i think that you have lost your sense of reality......

He is better than Boldin and Boldin was traded for a 2nd rounder.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

Boldin is younger and has been more productive than Smith the last few years, warranting the 2nd rounder. also Bolding makes his living going across the middle of the field, something few recivers are willing to do

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Steve Smith is the kind of guy I want on my team.  That dude is tough and talented, and I think he would thrive on a team with QB like Brady. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

For those who doesn't think that Steve Smith (Carolina, not Giants) is worth a 1, lets do a stat comparison.....

Keep in mind that Smith had no other offensive threat and had an average at best QB, where Boldin had Fitzy on the other side with a Pro Bowl QB throwin to them.....

In the past 5 years:

Smith Averaged
    8.5 TDS per season
    1227 yds per season
    14.8 yds per reception

Boldin Averaged
    7.2 TD's per season
    1104 yds per season
    12.8 yds per reception

people are crying about not getting Boldin for a second rounder, but don't want Steve Smith for a low first rounder next year when we have 2.....

Are you people NUTZ????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Boldin is younger and has been more productive than Smith the last few years, warranting the 2nd rounder. also Bolding makes his living going across the middle of the field, something few recivers are willing to do
    Posted by ben-umass

Boldin will be 30 this year Smith will be 31.....not much of a difference at all.....

as for production, go back and check your stats....you are wrong

Someone said that Smith is injured too often, he has missed 6 games (2 of the games were from suspension) in the past 5 years.....boldin has missed 11 games in the past 5 years. 

Boldin was the #2 receiver with a probowl QB throwing to him.....Smith was the #1 receiver with an average QB throwing to him.....

Smith is much better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

If he's not worth a 3rd round pic this year, how is he going to be worth a 1 next year when he is another year older and slower?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

If he's not worth a 3rd round pic this year, how is he going to be worth a 1 next year when he is another year older and slower?
    Posted by rtuinila

What are you talking about?

Trade one of next year's first round picks for him this year......who said he is not worth a 3rd this year?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

A first rounder for Steve Smith - this is the dumbest thread in boston.com history.  I don't care if we have 5 first rounders next year, this guy is not worth one of them.  Maybe a second.  Maybe.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

A first rounder for Steve Smith - this is the dumbest thread in boston.com history.  I don't care if we have 5 first rounders next year, this guy is not worth one of them.  Maybe a second.  Maybe.
    Posted by 123meg

LOL!  It is only the dumbest thread because you have no idea about who Steve Smith is.....You do know that we are not talking about the one on the Giants, right?  Steve Smith (Carolina) is still one of the best WR's in the NFL......

What WR in the NFL do you think is worth a first round pick?  (This should be good).....

Sections
Shortcuts