Steve Smith!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Steve Smith!!

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!!:

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!! :   Funny you mention both. Both are injury prone.
    Posted by russgriswold

What is the definition of injury prone?

I am confused...Smith missing 4 games in 5 years due to injury is injury prone? 

You do realize that is less than 1 game per year that he has missed in the past 5 years, right?

Boldin missed 2.2 games per year in the last 5 years.....I don't even think that is considered injury prone.... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!! :   Funny you mention both. Both are injury prone.
    Posted by russgriswold

Injury prone? games played out of 16 regular season games
    2009 15
    2008 14
    2007 15
    2006 14
    2005 16
    2004 1
    2003 16
    2002 15
    2001 15

Other than 2004 he has played an average of 15 games a year.  This guy is a stud and to think he's over the hill is stupid, so what he's 31.  He can still run is willing to catch the ball outside inside across the middle in reverses in screens ect

He will bring a toughness and knowledge of the game that Edelman and Tate can benefit from.  He played last year with a QB who was terrible and nobody across from him.  He in most passing plays had 2 or 3 guys around him.

He is worth a 2nd rounder, again give 53 and AD (has to be part of it) for Smith and Eric Moore DE/LB who is only a backup but adds depth, they can even throw a 7th this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!! : Injury prone? games played out of 16 regular season games 2009 15 2008 14 2007 15 2006 14 2005 16 2004 1 2003 16 2002 15 2001 15 Other than 2004 he has played an average of 15 games a year.  This guy is a stud and to think he's over the hill is stupid, so what he's 31.  He can still run is willing to catch the ball outside inside across the middle in reverses in screens ect He will bring a toughness and knowledge of the game that Edelman and Tate can benefit from.  He played last year with a QB who was terrible and nobody across from him.  He in most passing plays had 2 or 3 guys around him. He is worth a 2nd rounder, again give 53 and AD (has to be part of it) for Smith and Eric Moore DE/LB who is only a backup but adds depth, they can even throw a 7th this year.
    Posted by Pats7393

Smith may be a little guy, but he is not afraid to hit anyone.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!! : LOL!  It is only the dumbest thread because you have no idea about who Steve Smith is.....You do know that we are not talking about the one on the Giants, right?  Steve Smith (Carolina) is still one of the best WR's in the NFL...... What WR in the NFL do you think is worth a first round pick?  (This should be good).....
    Posted by m1021us

Wow, some sixth grader home sick from school today lecturing me.  Yes junior, I know who Steve Smith is and no junior, he is not worth a first round pick, especially when the Pats have so many holes to fill on defense.  WRs in the NFL worth a first rounder?  Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker, Reggie Wayne, maybe Vincent Jackson.  I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Calvin Johnson too. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmolina03. Show jmolina03's posts

I like Steve Smith.  Not sure how much mileage and how worn down his body is.  I am a little reluctant simply because of the 'featured player' mileage he has from NC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!! : Wow, some sixth grader home sick from school today lecturing me.  Yes junior, I know who Steve Smith is and no junior, he is not worth a first round pick, especially when the Pats have so many holes to fill on defense.  WRs in the NFL worth a first rounder?  Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker, Reggie Wayne, maybe Vincent Jackson.  I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. 
    Posted by 123meg

before putting names down why don't you look at stats before you say those guys are worth a 1st round vs Steve Smith you will be surprised at what you find.  I also wouldn't be willing to give a #1 not because he's not that talented but because I think the Panthers would let him go for less.

Oh and you actually trying to say Wes Welker is worth a 1st but Steve Smith is not?  again look at some stats and who the QB has been throwing to those guys and Jake to Smith.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

The stats are pretty straight forward on this one.  Smith isn't close to any of those guys. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!! : Wow, some sixth grader home sick from school today lecturing me.  Yes junior, I know who Steve Smith is and no junior, he is not worth a first round pick, especially when the Pats have so many holes to fill on defense.  WRs in the NFL worth a first rounder?  Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker, Reggie Wayne, maybe Vincent Jackson.  I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. 
    Posted by 123meg

Why can't the Pats fill the holes on D this year?  They would have less holes next year.....it is an extra pick.

If I was a sixth grader, then you are definately NOT smarter than a 6th grader.....

So you have given me names of NFL players that are less productive or have similar production then that of Steve Smith over the past 5 years.....  How dumb is that?

Are you going by your fantasy football list?  LOL!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!! : before putting names down why don't you look at stats before you say those guys are worth a 1st round vs Steve Smith you will be surprised at what you find.  I also wouldn't be willing to give a #1 not because he's not that talented but because I think the Panthers would let him go for less. Oh and you actually trying to say Wes Welker is worth a 1st but Steve Smith is not?  again look at some stats and who the QB has been throwing to those guys and Jake to Smith.
    Posted by Pats7393

BINGO!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Welker - 1348 yards (second overall), 123 catches, 96.3 yds per game, 585 yards after catch.
    Smith - 982 yards (25th overall), 130 catches, 65.5 yards per game. 236 yards after catch.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

The stats don't agree m1021us.  Learn the game then start yapping ok?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by 123meg

Thanks for the ammo.....I will be back....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

The stats don't agree m1021us.  Learn the game then start yapping ok?
    Posted by 123meg

LOL!  you are taking 1 year?  looks like you need to learn the game....try to learn a little about statistics....

Also your little comparison of Welker and Smith....Welker had the luxury of the Best QB in the game and someone called Randy Moss...Steve smith had a middle of the road QB and nobody else....

nice try little boy....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Welker - 1348 yards (second overall), 123 catches, 96.3 yds per game, 585 yards after catch. Smith - 982 yards (25th overall), 130 catches, 65.5 yards per game. 236 yards after catch.   
    Posted by 123meg

Here are some stats you need to look at as well (2009):
    TB (moss, WW, Edelman Faulk)
    4,398 yards 28 TDs 13 INTs 16 sacks
    JD (Smith)
    2,015 yards 8 TDs 18 INTs 23 sacks

WW three years with NE 3,688 yards 12 TDs average per catch 10.7 before NE (2005 and 2006) 1,121 yards 1 TD

SS last three years 3,405 20 TDs average per catch 15
    before that (to keep it fair 2005 to 2006) 2,729 20 TDs

Vincent Jackson last three years
    2,888 yards 19 TDs 17 yards average per catch

Both WW and Vincent Jackson have top NFL QBs throwing to them, Jake Delhomme is far far from a top QB average at best even during his better years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

The only thing anyone ever needs to know about statistics is they can be slanted to make any point you care to make. Also in Football they really only reflect a sample of one which is not a good indicator of future performance if you take that sample out of context.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Not to interrupt the feud between 123 and 1021, but I think everybody (most anyway) would agree that Smith would be a great addition for the right price, which was the point of the thread to begin with.  But that a 1st is not the right price.  I would grab him all day for a 2 personally.

Would he have a comparable impact to Corey Dillon?  I think so.  Dillon was obtained for a 2, and really was only around for a couple of years.  Does anybody think that was not a great deal for the Pats?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

I agree, a second rounder would make sense.  Tops. 

And yes 1021, I'm talking last year.  Seems most relevant, no? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Not to interrupt the feud between 123 and 1021, but I think everybody (most anyway) would agree that Smith would be a great addition for the right price, which was the point of the thread to begin with.  But that a 1st is not the right price.  I would grab him all day for a 2 personally. Would he have a comparable impact to Corey Dillon?  I think so.  Dillon was obtained for a 2, and really was only around for a couple of years.  Does anybody think that was not a great deal for the Pats?
    Posted by Muzwell

I don't know if I can agree with you since Dillon was the 'Workhorse Back" touching the ball 25 to 30 times a game. That would be worth a 2nd. Someone that will touch the ball an average of 4 - 7 times a game is not worth a 2nd in my opinion. 4-7 times a game isn't worth a 3rd either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!! : I don't know if I can agree with you since Dillon was the 'Workhorse Back" touching the ball 25 to 30 times a game. That would be worth a 2nd. Someone that will touch the ball an average of 4 - 7 times a game is not worth a 2nd in my opinion. 4-7 times a game isn't worth a 3rd either.
    Posted by rtuinila

Well, that's true.  But I didn't say the same impact, I said comparable.  The game has changed since Dillon left and the Pats offense has changed.  I don't think it's far fetched to think that adding a Smith could have a huge impact given the current nature of this team and the game in general.  The days of the grind it out offense are winding down.  It's a passing league.  Heck, Pittsburgh hasn't run the ball effectively in years and they're still winning games. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade1patfan. Show Wade1patfan's posts

Steve Smith is not worth a 1st no matter what!!  U can find a stud receiver later in drafts.  He was a 3rd round pick and Marshall was a 4th round pick.  I do beleive he is worth trading for.  I would give a late 2nd rounder.  Not to mention he would bring leadership to the locker room, we all know that he isn't afraid to punch a teammate.lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

I agree, a second rounder would make sense.  Tops.  And yes 1021, I'm talking last year.  Seems most relevant, no? 
    Posted by 123meg

No.....

If you wanted to use just last year, then Steve Smith had better years than some of the players that you had mentioned as worth #1 Draft Picks....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Steve Smith!! : I don't know if I can agree with you since Dillon was the 'Workhorse Back" touching the ball 25 to 30 times a game. That would be worth a 2nd. Someone that will touch the ball an average of 4 - 7 times a game is not worth a 2nd in my opinion. 4-7 times a game isn't worth a 3rd either.
    Posted by rtuinila

Also, Dillon averaged 17.5 carries and 74 yards per game with New England.  Pretty good, but again I think Smith could have a comparable impact.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

...  I'd rather have Calvin Johnson for a 2nd rounder.
    Posted by russgriswold

Yeah, I'd rather have Megan Fox, but it's probably not happening...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon13. Show uncommon13's posts

Posted by 123meg

Larry Fitzgerald averages since 2005

93 Rec.
    1257 yds.
    10.2 TD's
    13.51 per

Very similar numbers to Steve Smith arent they