Steven Jackson coming to NE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Steven Jackson coming to NE?

This is strictly a rumor...but I'm pumped if true..If Rams get Trent Richardson on draft day...we will be sending one of our #2 picks for S Jackson ....this is just a rumor but it has me pretty pumped up if ee do this....Go Pats

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Steven Jackson coming to NE?

LOL. No thanks. many St. Louis fans I know think he has lost a few steps.

rather have Matt Forte

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Jonathan Stewart.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Just curious  did Cinncy let Cory Dillon go because he was a pain in the butt  and / or did they also think he might have lost a step?

I think this would be great short term upgrade 1-2 years like Dillon.

However I do not think Dillon went for 2 #2s. That is a bit steep.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

My bad,  I read wrong  only one # 2

if it is #63  I'm all in!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

no thank you. Give the young kids a chance and use the pick on a D player. Preferably a S

I've also haven't heard this rumor from any league sources, so I think it's more a fans desire then an actual rumor

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

if true ok. but post a link, not just speculation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Steven Jackson coming to NE?:
    [QUOTE]This is strictly a rumor...but I'm pumped if true..If Rams get Trent Richardson on draft day...we will be sending one of our #2 picks for S Jackson ....this is just a rumor but it has me pretty pumped up if ee do this....Go Pats
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]YEP comrade, MY sources have vetted and been screaming this for months!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

I for one would prefer J Stewart or MJD to Jackson.....just sharing speculation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Jonathan Stewart..?  Who are you people and what have you done with the intelligent football fans I once knew?!

Jonathan Stewart was supposed to replace DeAngello Williams 2 or 3 years ago... that never happened.  Instead they started into a time share.. they shared the time that they would be injured, EVERY.. SINGLE.. YEAR..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I saw this guy play in a game last year and he's very much still in a elite type of category - he's big, strong and fast enough. A move like this would in my opinion have a similar effect as Carey Dillon and the best part is we do have some young backs that could add to what he could bring to the table.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Steven Jackson coming to NE?:
    [QUOTE]This is strictly a rumor...but I'm pumped if true..If Rams get Trent Richardson on draft day...we will be sending one of our #2 picks for S Jackson ....this is just a rumor but it has me pretty pumped up if ee do this....Go Pats
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

I don't know what your sources for this rumor are...but I suggested over a month ago in one of my mock drafts that this would happen. I've also have stated repeatedly in several threads that I there's no way that the Pats' go into this season with Stevan Ridley as their #1 RB. The Pats will either trade for a proven guy like Jackson, or will draft another RB. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Steven Jackson coming to NE?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Steven Jackson coming to NE? :      I don't know what your sources for this rumor are...but I suggested over a month ago in one of my mock drafts that this would happen. I've also have stated repeatedly in several threads that I there's no way that the Pats' go into this season with Stevan Ridley as their #1 RB. The Pats will either trade for a proven guy like Jackson, or will draft another RB. 
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree - although I like Ridley - there was some things he did last year that made me unsure if he's ready to be the feature back. Ridley (aside from the fumbles) looked like a guy that wasn't really comfortable in the following the blocks/vision department. Maybe with more reps he'll get much better at it, but when you're a team with Super Bowl aspirations, you don't want to take a chance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I love Steven Jackson, but as for those yearning for Forte...with what money may I ask?  Dude is looking to get $$$$$, and big money running backs not named adrian peterson are NOT WORTH IT.  Period.  I think i'm in the minority here, but I feel OK with Ridley, Woody, and Vereen. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would be all in for Forte if he wasn't asking for the bank.  Jackson is an interesting thought,  Dude is a monster!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Love Jackson. He protects the QB, runs extremely hard and has great hands. Defiantly has a couple years left in the tank. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]I love Steven Jackson, but as for those yearning for Forte...with what money may I ask?  Dude is looking to get $$$$$, and big money running backs not named adrian peterson are NOT WORTH IT.  Period.  I think i'm in the minority here, but I feel OK with Ridley, Woody, and Vereen. 
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

Even RBs like Adrian Peterson aren't worth risking a long term, big money contract on. There's too great a chance of injury. Look no further than Peterson. Look what happened to Forte last year.

You're okay with Ridley, Vereen, and Woodley? What happens if Ridley gets hurt? Vereen and Woodhead aren't capable of being good goal-line backs,  picking up the 3rd and ones...or of wearing down defenses.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Fingers crossed for the Rams to draft Richardson. 

I agree TexasPat, I;m not comfortable with Ridley, Vereen, and Woody.  Pats need a solid vet RB in there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]Fingers crossed for the Rams to draft Richardson.  I agree TexasPat, I;m not comfortable with Ridley, Vereen, and Woody.  Pats need a solid vet RB in there.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

There's no way that the Browns will take QB Ryan Tannehill or WR Justin Blackmon with their 4th overall pick. They are focusing on Richardson. So, the only way the Rams can get the Alabama RB is if they trade up from the 6th to 4th spot, with the Browns. They have the ammunition to do so, with the 6th, 33rd, and 39th overall picks. I imagine that it would take them parting with, at a minimum, their 6th and 33rd picks, to have any chance of getting it done:
    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/04/rams_and_eagles_among
    _about_fo.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I see the Pats picking up a vet running back but I don't see Steven Jackson in the cards for NE.  I'm inclined to think, no disrespect to TexPat, that Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead and that vet will be the Pats RBs.  I don't see a big name coming this way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]I see the Pats picking up a vet running back but I don't see Steven Jackson in the cards for NE.  I'm inclined to think, no disrespect to TexPat, that Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead and that vet will be the Pats RBs.  I don't see a big name coming this way.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Unrestricted free agent RBs Ronnie Brown and Jackie Battle are still out there. My guess is that one of them will be the Pats' fall-back plan, in case they strike out on a RB trade...or on landing a top RB in the draft.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Steven Jackson coming to NE? :      There's no way that the Browns will take QB Ryan Tannehill or WR Justin Blackmon with their 4th overall pick. They are focusing on Richardson. So, the only way the Rams can get the Alabama RB is if they trade up from the 6th to 4th spot, with the Browns. They have the ammunition to do so, with the 6th, 33rd, and 39th overall picks. I imagine that it would take them parting with, at a minimum, their 6th and 33rd picks, to have any chance of getting it done: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/04/rams_and_eagles_among _about_fo.html
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

Yes, its a long shot that the Rams would get Richardson but it's the NFL draft, you just never know what's going to happen.  Rams certainly could move up but in all seriousness ... I doubt it happens.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

I think Ridley and Vereen are going to surprise everyone this year...in a good way. Don't see the Pats drafting a RB this year and fully expect them to sign a serviceable vet, but not spend big bucks nor precious first or second round picks To get one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

They now have 73 players with contracts and that's before the draft and undrafted invitees. Figure at least another 10 at least in that category. Now Steven Jackson , who is a load when healthy, runs hard and doesn't fumble. 

3  questions. 1. Where are all these players going to play? 2. If they have no guaranteed money, and very little chance of making the team why would guys like Gonzalez , Stallworth and others, sign with NE ? 3. How do they sign all these veterans , without them going against the Cap? Obviously I don't understand how it works.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Steven Jackson coming to NE?": [QUOTE]They now have 73 players with contracts and that's before the draft and undrafted invitees. Figure at least another 10 at least in that category. Now Steven Jackson , who is a load when healthy, runs hard and doesn't fumble.  3  questions. 1. Where are all these players going to play? 2. If they have no guaranteed money, and very little chance of making the team why would guys like Gonzalez , Stallworth and others, sign with NE ? 3. How do they sign all these veterans , without them going against the Cap? Obviously I don't understand how it works. Posted by aussiewill2[/QUOTE] To my understanding Only the highest 51 players count against the cap. I believe they brought 90 to camp last year and I think that's the limit this year. Then they cut down to 53, then the salary cap is figured and maintained after that.

Sections
Shortcuts