Steven Jackson...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Steven Jackson...

I for one would love to see the Pats package Maroney with picks (including 1st round if necessary?) and trade for Jackson this offseason.  At 26, he still has 3-5 prime years ahead of him and would provide a consistent running attack for the first time since Corey Dillon.  Jackson would love a change of scenery, and the Rams at 0-7 clearly aren't winning with him.  By matching Jackson with Brady now it allows both to play out the final prime years of their careers together giving us fans plenty of hope going forward.  Maroney gets a fresh stutter stepping start and the picks help STL rebuild.

Any thoughts?  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

Re: Steven Jackson...

There should be some free agents available....  methinks Ronnie Brown, Mr. Peterson, and Leon Washington are all unrestricted. 

Why give up a number one pick--or even a 2.  Even the top backs are one injury away...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Ummm yeeeaaah NO thanks!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

can we just enjoy/discuss the current season please???? save the crazy outlandish trade ideas for after the superbowl. 
    ps - i heard the cowboys signed demarcus ware to that big contract today with the understanding that they will trade him plus 2 first round picks to the pats after the season for maroney.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Steven Jackson...:
    I for one would love to see the Pats package Maroney with picks (including 1st round if necessary?) and trade for Jackson this offseason.  At 26, he still has 3-5 prime years ahead of him and would provide a consistent running attack for the first time since Corey Dillon.  Jackson would love a change of scenery, and the Rams at 0-7 clearly aren't winning with him.  By matching Jackson with Brady now it allows both to play out the final prime years of their careers together giving us fans plenty of hope going forward.  Maroney gets a fresh stutter stepping start and the picks help STL rebuild. Any thoughts?  
    Posted by LB34
    That idea has been bandied around for a month now/....I agree..... Steven Jackson would make our offense as formidable, if not more so than the time of Corey Dillon...With the constant improvement we are getting from our defense we would have to be a favorite to win the Super Bowl not just play in it !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TobiasHeffernan. Show TobiasHeffernan's posts

the pats are a pass heavy team, i dont think that big of a move is necessary.the one thing about the pats RB's it seems no one can really get a rythm going cuz they substitute out all the time..we shall see 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In Response to Re: Steven Jackson...:
    the pats are a pass heavy team, i dont think that big of a move is necessary.the one thing about the pats RB's it seems no one can really get a rythm going cuz they substitute out all the time..we shall see 
    Posted by TobiasHeffernan

I WISH we would have made a deal prior to the deadline!! I wonder if it was even discussed.  That would have been sweet!!  HOPEFULLY, we'll draft a RB next year and BB will stop being a jerk and actually give him 20 carries a game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

In Response to Re: Steven Jackson... : I WISH we would have made a deal prior to the deadline!! I wonder if it was even discussed.  That would have been sweet!!  HOPEFULLY, we'll draft a RB next year and BB will stop being a jerk and actually give him 20 carries a game.
    Posted by theshinez

right because his record with the Pats shows they need a back who gets 20 carries per game.  It is not how many a back gets but the game plan for that individual team that determines what the split will be.  Pats have run 481 from scrimmage with 197 in the running game or about 40%

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ieatrabbitsforlent. Show ieatrabbitsforlent's posts

Chester Taylor

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Steven Jackson... : right because his record with the Pats shows they need a back who gets 20 carries per game.  It is not how many a back gets but the game plan for that individual team that determines what the split will be.  Pats have run 481 from scrimmage with 197 in the running game or about 40%
    Posted by provpats

I think you're getting it backwards.

our RBs don't sukk because they're not getting enough touches, they dont get enough touches because they sukk.

If we had a RB as formitable as a steven jackson, bet the house that he'd be getting at least 50% of the offense put on his shoulders.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I think it's worth mentioning, before we get too carried away with all the franchise running backs the Pats should bring in, that one of the most important reasons -- if not the single most important reason -- New England struggles in the running game is because its offensive line has been designed and trained primarily as a pass-blocking unit for years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I'm thinking that Peterson and Brown will be franchise tagged.

Nonetheless, trading for one of them probably wouldn't be a bad idea if the opportunity presents itself, but I doubt the Dolphins would let Brown go within the division if they could prevent it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Chester Taylor
    Posted by ieatrabbitsforlent

Ohhh, I like Chester.....he is a career back up with Starter ability and something to prove....kind of like a Lamont Jordan.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Re: Steven Jackson... : I think you're getting it backwards. our RBs don't sukk because they're not getting enough touches, they dont get enough touches because they sukk. If we had a RB as formitable as a steven jackson, bet the house that he'd be getting at least 50% of the offense put on his shoulders.
    Posted by unclealfie
      AMEN !!! B.B would run amuk with this kind of talent at running back !! The most effective offense is one that is unpredictable !! At present we are one dimensional... A back that can bring it to the house any time he touches the ball would compliment Brady's passing game like you read about !! Believe it or not joseph Adaii's running ability has a lot to with Peyton Manning's success !! That slight hesitation by the defense in a pass rush may be all the difference at this level between a completed or incompleted pass !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Steven Jackson would make any lesser running attack more formidable.  profound statement of the day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Won't happen anyway!! I would expect the Pats to use one of their picks on what they think is a decent running back. That way they get youth and for less money than Jackson will cost.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Yes he's good but he also makes about $7 mil / yr so I find it doubtful we can take care of our own free agents and squeeze him in.

Also, if St. Louis traded him they would have taken a huge cap hit because of the acceleration of his signing bonus.  Wasn't going to happen!!

Sections
Shortcuts