Steven Jackson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Steven Jackson

I heard the Patroits & the Packers are both very interested in Jackson. Tampa Bay is shopping rb Blount also. Blount is a head case but would come cheaper & younger than Jackson.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Re: Steven Jackson

Why would we need Jackson?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

We have the best RB in the league named Steven.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to jerh5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  Ask BB

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  Ask BB

[/QUOTE]

That was the point I was making. I could be wrong, but it is probably just a rumor. I doubt BB would want to give up anything  the Rams would be asking for.  Jackson would be strictly for depth. How much is that worth?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The only thing I could imagine we need Jackson for is that he's a pass catching RB. Maybe BB doesn't have any confidence in Vereen and that Jackson would be his replacement in a rotation with Ridley

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I would go that far, but I agree that there is no reason to make that trade imo.  We have a deep group of young RBs and S Jax is old.  Why give up the picks?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only thing I could imagine we need Jackson for is that he's a pass catching RB. Maybe BB doesn't have any confidence in Vereen and that Jackson would be his replacement in a rotation with Ridley

[/QUOTE] Comming out of camp all I heard was how Vereen had the best set of hands on the team includind wr's. If that was the case I wish BB would use him more!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Not sure the current RB mix needs to be added to.  I think they need help elsewhere.  But if they can get Jackson for a reasonable pick, I'd do it.  I can't see it happening though. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] BB was always high on Jackson. BB was going to draft him but the Rams beat him to it. Don't be surprised Ed Reed ends up on the Pat's at some point. Reed is another player BB alway's wanted!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I would go that far, but I agree that there is no reason to make that trade imo.  We have a deep group of young RBs and S Jax is old.  Why give up the picks?

[/QUOTE]

I meant out of all guys named Steven....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] BB was always high on Jackson. BB was going to draft him but the Rams beat him to it. Don't be surprised Ed Reed ends up on the Pat's at some point. Reed is another player BB alway's wanted!

[/QUOTE]

While you are correct that BB was very high on S Jax he did not end up in St. Louis because the Rams "beat him to it".  We picked before the Rams in 2004 and while BB was planning to take Jackson he couldn't resist taking Vince Wilfork who they did not expect to be on the board when we picked. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know.  S Jax's stats might be down this year, but I think he would look better on a team that has a good O-line and a HoF QB like NE.  That being said I still don't think he would be worth acquiring for the reasons I mentioned previously.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] I personaly wouldn't take Jackson but look for secondry help or maybe D. Bowe from KC.  Bowe in /Branch out.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] Comming out of camp all I heard was how Vereen had the best set of hands on the team includind wr's. If that was the case I wish BB would use him more!!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah never ever pay attention to what's coming out of camp. How many times now have we been burnt by that? Ocho looks completely insync with Brady? Maroney looks like he's hitting the hole hard? Butler is making progress? Brace looks like a man on fire?

It's one thing I learned from Pats camp, unless you see it with your own eyes don't believe any report

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If this were true then I'd have to think Bodden is heading to the IR, but I don't think this is true anyway.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Can't see it. And, vereen btw has great hands..he did in college and still does. He is also a good route runner ..Leontief know why BB doesn't use him more like this. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

At this point Ridley is better IMO. Backs have a certain amount of carries before they drop fast. It seems like its overnight, an elite back becomes mediocre or worse . Shawn Alexander and Eddie George come to mind. Unless Bolden is going on IR I don't see it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can't see it. And, vereen btw has great hands..he did in college and still does. He is also a good route runner ..Leontief know why BB doesn't use him more like this. 

[/QUOTE]

We always hear about kids with great hands in college and then when they hit the pro's they forget how to catch. Who knows what the reason is but if Vereen had better hands then say Woodhead don't you think he'd be out there more, or at least been thrown the ball more then 3 times this year? Maybe he got nervous and had a number of drops in practice and BB lost confidence but something is up otherwise BB would actually use him more often then he would Woodhead

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

won't happen, not coming to NE anyways....maybe somewhere else, sure...not here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Wouldn't it be better for the team if they could pick up  a solid DE/OL to match Chandler OR a better CB or Safety?

Why the obsession with the offense?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If this were true then I'd have to think Bodden is heading to the IR, but I don't think this is true anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Bodden is not on this team. Please learn the game and roster. Oh my.

[/QUOTE]

Supplementing a d for an l with this new format on an iPad doesn't mean I don't know the game dumbo. A guy that bashes Brady every chance he gets doesn't know the game - that would be you.

Sections
Shortcuts