Steven Riddley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Steven Riddley

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd give him the ball 30 times in Jax.

Ridley has been a big part of this offense. Worst thing the Pats can do is have him go into the playoffs with 0 confidence.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He could fumble four times against Jax and the Pats would still win 52-10. Excellent chance to drill on it in practice this week, then go full speed right at it next Sunday. In fact, if I was BB Id look at him and say "you better get your crap together, because your getting the ball 20-25 times Sunday".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

I've been beggin for vereen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ridley has been a big part of this offense. Worst thing the Pats can do is have him go into the playoffs with 0 confidence.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He could fumble four times against Jax and the Pats would still win 52-10. Excellent chance to drill on it in practice this week, then go full speed right at it next Sunday. In fact, if I was BB Id look at him and say "you better get your crap together, because your getting the ball 20-25 times Sunday".

[/QUOTE]

He Will Ex, Big Game Vs NFC And Weather Did Not Help, Need Work On SP And D....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He Will Ex, Big Game Vs NFC And Weather Did Not Help, Need Work On SP And D....

[/QUOTE]

The biggest fumble there in the third quarter was one where the tackler's helmet hit right on the ball. That could happen to anyone, though it probably did cost NE the game, and needs to be drilled in practice more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perspective

RB A's career avg. = 1 fumble per 41 carries

RB B's first three years = 1 fumble per 46 carries

RB C's first three years = 1 fumble per 28 carries

RB D's first three years = 1 fumble per 51 carries

RB E's career avg. = 1 fumble per 68 carries

A is Jim Brown

B is Adrian Peterson

C is Walter Payton

D is Emmitt Smith

E is Steven Ridley

[/QUOTE]

How about rushing yards per fumble/career:

Brown = 216

Peterson = 329

Payton = 194

Emmitt = 301

Ridley = 313

I say stay the course, the young man is alright.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

The biggest fumble there in the third quarter was one where the tackler's helmet hit right on the ball. That could happen to anyone, though it probably did cost NE the game, and needs to be drilled in practice more.

[/QUOTE]

No can do. The CBA basically prohibits it. Teams are permitted a total of 14 full contact padded practices for the year and 11 of those practices must be conducted during the first 11 weeks of the season (no more than one per week).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No can do. The CBA basically prohibits it. Teams are permitted a total of 14 full contact padded practices for the year and 11 of those practices must be conducted during the first 11 weeks of the season (no more than one per week).

[/QUOTE]

Well, true, but what I mean is there are things an old bloodhound like BB can do to fix this. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Perspective

RB A's career avg. = 1 fumble per 41 carries

RB B's first three years = 1 fumble per 46 carries

RB C's first three years = 1 fumble per 28 carries

RB D's first three years = 1 fumble per 51 carries

RB E's career avg. = 1 fumble per 68 carries

A is Jim Brown

B is Adrian Peterson

C is Walter Payton

D is Emmitt Smith

E is Steven Ridley

[/QUOTE]

How about rushing yards per fumble/career:

Brown = 216

Peterson = 329

Payton = 194

Emmitt = 301

Ridley = 313

I say stay the course, the young man is alright.

[/QUOTE]

I think this is important.  You have to weigh overall production versus turnovers.  Peterson is known to fumble a bit, but the production is so good, you don't bench him. Obviously you need to minimize turnovers, but Ridley has been far more productive than most backs we've had recently.  Because of that, I'd continue to use him.  If Bolden's injury is truly healed, I'd also put him in the mix; but I wouldn't give up on Ridley.  Woodhead and Vereen are different kinds of backs--they are mostly spread formation guys and I believe we need a back like Ridley who can run successfully out of more traditional running formations, which is why I wouldn't expect Ridley to be "replaced" by either Woodhead or Vereen, unless the Pats just decided to run everything from the spread (not recommended).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Ridley is not done yet, but a few more fumbles and he very well may be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

he may have fumbled at times but not at important times, give me just 1 example where Faulk fumbled in a big game (if you dont thing this was a big game your smoking crack) or where he fumbled more than 1 time in a game that was this big??????????????

[/QUOTE]

I think he dropped a punt in Denver during the playoff loss in Jan 2006.

[/QUOTE]

That was Troy Brown.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Wow this is why I never come one this cite after a loss. You get bone headed fans starting a stupid post like this. HAHAHAHAHAHA 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to maine12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow this is why I never come one this cite after a loss. You get bone headed fans starting a stupid post like this. HAHAHAHAHAHA 

[/QUOTE]

Now, now, we all have bones in our head. Some just more prominent than others...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont know you if any of you know me, but i've watched for a few years and rarely express my opinion.

Let me give you background, i was born in 63, so i was basicaly born a Pats fan, after what i saw this year and adding to what i saw last year.

Steven Ridley must go, he can and should not ever get another carry as a pats running back, he may have some nice numbers but he has the fumbles which can destroy a team. My opinion is let him sit out the rest of year and trade him next year for a 3rd round pick.

I'm sorry but after that first fumble last week he should be protecting it better and not to put the whole game on his shoulders, he bears the brunt, 1st possesion fumble , then does it again on our first posesion in the second half, yeah, he is done and should be gone forever as a running back for the Pats.

Just my thoughts.

[/QUOTE]

Want some cheese?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont know you if any of you know me, but i've watched for a few years and rarely express my opinion.

Let me give you background, i was born in 63, so i was basicaly born a Pats fan, after what i saw this year and adding to what i saw last year.

Steven Ridley must go, he can and should not ever get another carry as a pats running back, he may have some nice numbers but he has the fumbles which can destroy a team. My opinion is let him sit out the rest of year and trade him next year for a 3rd round pick.

I'm sorry but after that first fumble last week he should be protecting it better and not to put the whole game on his shoulders, he bears the brunt, 1st possesion fumble , then does it again on our first posesion in the second half, yeah, he is done and should be gone forever as a running back for the Pats.

Just my thoughts.

[/QUOTE]

Well...

Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long year, stole many a mans soul and faith, And I was round when jesus christ had his moment of doubt and pain. Made damn sure that Pilate washed his hands and sealed his fate. Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name

And I say Ridley stays.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

This is an awful time for fumbling issues to prop up. The Pats are going nowhere unless they clear that problem up, pronto.

My, but that loss to the 49ers has really dampened the spirits around here...including mine. All of the negative issues that the Pats have had this season...fumbling by the RBs, secondary giving up big plays, no pass rush, injuries taking their toll, defense unable to get that key stop...reared their ugly heads, last Sunday night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is an awful time for fumbling issues to prop up. The Pats are going nowhere unless they clear that problem up, pronto.

My, but that loss to the 49ers has really dampened the spirits around here...including mine. All of the negative issues that the Pats have had this season...fumbling by the RBs, secondary giving up big plays, no pass rush, injuries taking their toll, defense unable to get that key stop...reared their ugly heads, last Sunday night.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah we really suk bad. You and Tcal should form a picket line.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How cute my very own stocker ChumpSickle / Rusty, lol.  Do you dream of me also, lol

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Some people may be ostrich but your a bandwagon jumper all the way. If they do not win by 21 or more they all stink and they have no fire or will to win. Then again you could see it in Brady's eyes he lost the will to win in 2008 so you should be happywith  how much his teammates carry him week after week.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some people may be ostrich but your a bandwagon jumper all the way. If they do not win by 21 or more they all stink and they have no fire or will to win. Then again you could see it in Brady's eyes he lost the will to win in 2008 so you should be happywith  how much his teammates carry him week after week.

[/QUOTE]

and that is exactly what this knee jerk attention monger said. This is what actually made me realize that texas pat is either completely dumb, or has an agenda. He told me he could tell Brady was distracted in pre game and couldnt get over the SB loss. Oh, and that his injury was due to his lack of focus. Who says that?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How cute my very own stocker ChumpSickle / Rusty, lol.  Do you dream of me also, lol

[/QUOTE]
    No, i just like to call out anti Pats fans who would rather pisz and moan about every player we have instead of enjoying the greatest run in NFL history.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    No, i just like to call out anti Pats fans who would rather pisz and moan about every player we have instead of enjoying the greatest run in NFL history.

[/QUOTE]

Typical homer BS. Greatest run in NFL history?? Oh...than you must be talking about the Steelers of the 70s and the 49ers of the 80s. In case you haven't noticed, the Patriots, for all the great things they've done throughout the regular seasons in 2005-present, haven't won a championship. So now, you're lowering the bar to "greatest run in NFL history", whatever that means...because the Pats' can't win a championship?

The Patriots have won the AFC East something like 8 of the past 10 years, or 10 of the past 12? BIG DEAL. The Bills, 'Fins, and Jets have been, for the most part, punch-lines to jokes over the past decade. So, go ahead and lower the bar, if it makes you feel better. But, this is just another way for an Ostrich Society member to stick his head in the sand, to avoid the unpleasant reality that the Pats haven't been good enough to win a championship, in years.

They are not the Steelers or 49ers of their decade. They are more like the Tom Landry coached Dallas Cowboys of the 60s and 70s...consistently good enough to contend, but not quite good enough to win a truck-load of championships. 

The 2012 Patriots appear to be a better team overall than last years' squad. No more excuses. SB, or bust! Tom Brady is 35 years old. The time to win a title is NOW! Or, are they going to allow Colin Kaepernick, J.J. Watt, and a 36 year old Horsefaced choke artist to stand in their way?? It's time to knock these guys out of the way...and TAKE IT. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

"The question is, do they have what it takes to win a championship?"

Quote by texas jack a$s.

So you now question if they are a SB contender because we had 5 turnovers against the best defense in football in terrible weather conditions. Great. Btw we scored 35 points on that team that allows 14 ppg. You take your prideful objectivity too far. We lead the lg in points scored on offense. We force the most turnovers on defense. Before this game we had the least amount of fumbles in the LG, so we don't have "fumbling issues" like you said. If you don't think we are legit Sb contenders then you have been nipping the bourbon a little too often.

If only Brady could just get over his 07 SB loss like you said he couldn't right buddy?

Sections
Shortcuts