Steven Riddley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Steven Riddley

I dont know you if any of you know me, but i've watched for a few years and rarely express my opinion.

Let me give you background, i was born in 63, so i was basicaly born a Pats fan, after what i saw this year and adding to what i saw last year.

Steven Ridley must go, he can and should not ever get another carry as a pats running back, he may have some nice numbers but he has the fumbles which can destroy a team. My opinion is let him sit out the rest of year and trade him next year for a 3rd round pick.

I'm sorry but after that first fumble last week he should be protecting it better and not to put the whole game on his shoulders, he bears the brunt, 1st possesion fumble , then does it again on our first posesion in the second half, yeah, he is done and should be gone forever as a running back for the Pats.

Just my thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Steven Riddley

ridley is channeling his inner laurence maroney

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He's been really bad for at least the last 3 games.  Then again Vereen had an oppertunity and blew it also tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Back in thedoghouse late in the season, sound familiar?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Knee-jerk reactions... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's been really bad for at least the last 3 games.  Then again Vereen had an oppertunity and blew it also tonight.

[/QUOTE]

i wont fight for Vereen, but he doesnt handle the ball that much, i agree he didn't help himself, but Ridley as the feature back gets 1 fumble in bad weather as an okay, we will let it slide but the second just proved he needs to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep!  Get Bolden ready.  Woodhead looked good tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I'd give him the ball 30 times in Jax.

Ridley has been a big part of this offense. Worst thing the Pats can do is have him go into the playoffs with 0 confidence.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Woodhead may have guaranteed himself a roster spot next year. It's hard to believe that Belichek has much confidence in any of the other running backs right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I dont know you if any of you know me, but i've watched for a few years and rarely express my opinion.

Let me give you background, i was born in 63, so i was basicaly born a Pats fan, after what i saw this year and adding to what i saw last year.

Steven Ridley must go, he can and should not ever get another carry as a pats running back, he may have some nice numbers but he has the fumbles which can destroy a team. My opinion is let him sit out the rest of year and trade him next year for a 3rd round pick.

I'm sorry but after that first fumble last week he should be protecting it better and not to put the whole game on his shoulders, he bears the brunt, 1st possesion fumble , then does it again on our first posesion in the second half, yeah, he is done and should be gone forever as a running back for the Pats.

Just my thoughts.

[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree. The drops by him and Vereen really put the team in a hole early. Crucial loss as well. Brady was good enough to even overcome all of this and being down 28 only to have special teams blow it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yep!  Get Bolden ready.  Woodhead looked good tonight.

[/QUOTE]

That might happen. Woody looked good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Ridley fumbling has been an issue since he was a rookie, there's nothing "knee jerk" about it...  I was the first one on BDC to tell you that Ridley was going to be a baller but he can't hold onto the ball... period.  Things like this end careers prematurely.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

DaPats, have you played ball ever, sorry if your a fumbler, going back to pop warner, your done. Ridley may have great skills but he has not learned to protect the ball at the pro level if you still donot know how to protect the ball your done, HE IS DONE. Sorry he kind of reminds me of Tony Eason.. great at his position statistically but in reallity he S**ks.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Faulk was a fumbler early on also. It can be fixed, though it may cost some games waiting for it to be fixed. It's not like Vereen looked all world tonight and did Bolden even play? He looked like he got hurt last week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Faulk was a fumbler early on also. It can be fixed, though it may cost some games waiting for it to be fixed. It's not like Vereen looked all world tonight and did Bolden even play? He looked like he got hurt last week.

[/QUOTE]

he may have fumbled at times but not at important times, give me just 1 example where Faulk fumbled in a big game (if you dont thing this was a big game your smoking crack) or where he fumbled more than 1 time in a game that was this big??????????????

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he may have fumbled at times but not at important times, give me just 1 example where Faulk fumbled in a big game (if you dont thing this was a big game your smoking crack) or where he fumbled more than 1 time in a game that was this big??????????????

[/QUOTE]

I think he dropped a punt in Denver during the playoff loss in Jan 2006.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Ridley is not reliable.  End of story.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think he dropped a punt in Denver during the playoff loss in Jan 2006.

[/QUOTE]

You can't "Think" you have to prove. but really, 1 dropped punt is nothing compared to what ridley has managed in 2 years. Sorry i do like how he runs i dont like how he cannot protect the ball. He has to go. I would rather an 800 yard runner who doesnt fumble than a 1500 yard player who fumbles the ball consistently. And yes in december if you do it 2 years in a row its consistently.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

He can't be counted on to pass block.  He can't be counted on as a receiver.  Blew an assignment tonite.  Maybe not smart enough to be a big part of this offense.   A one trick pony who fumbles.  He is done.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

DaPats, have you played ball ever, sorry if your a fumbler, going back to pop warner, your done. Ridley may have great skills but he has not learned to protect the ball at the pro level if you still donot know how to protect the ball your done, HE IS DONE. Sorry he kind of reminds me of Tony Eason.. great at his position statistically but in reallity he S**ks.

[/QUOTE]

Tiki Barber and AP had huge fumbling problems. 4,9,6 fumbles in his first three seasons.

Jax should be an easy win. You can afford to try and bring Ridley's confidence back up.

Also, how many drops did Hern have? As much as I love Hern, I think he has some ball handling issues. 

Lloyd was encouraging though. Hopefully everyone can be healthy come playoff time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

cc i understnd their emotional reactions, but rbs fumble, especially in thes conditions. 

what does he have 3 on the year (or is it 4). with the number of carries he has he is neither in the top 3rd nor the bottom third in fumbles

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

cc i understnd their emotional reactions, but rbs fumble, especially in thes conditions. 

what does he have 3 on the year (or is it 4). with the number of carries he has he is neither in the top 3rd nor the bottom third in fumbles

[/QUOTE]
    It doesn't matter how many he has, its when he has them. I can't believe what i just saw typed. Read My Lips, If you fumble in big games your a BUST!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Eh, overall he has few fumbles lost for his number of carries. When he fumbles, bench him for the game to remind him what job #1 is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    It doesn't matter how many he has, its when he has them. I can't believe what i just saw typed. Read My Lips, If you fumble in big games your a BUST!!!!

[/QUOTE]
    Kevin Faulk fumbled in the 2005 Denver playoff game. The Pats were leading 3-0 and Faulk fumbled it on about the Pats 35 yard line. Two plays later it was 7-3 Denver and they never looked back.  so does that mean Faulkm was a bust?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley fumbling has been an issue since he was a rookie, there's nothing "knee jerk" about it...  I was the first one on BDC to tell you that Ridley was going to be a baller but he can't hold onto the ball... period.  Things like this end careers prematurely.

[/QUOTE]

Benny has lost as many fumbles as Ridley this year. Is his career going to end prematurely?

Sections
Shortcuts