Steven Riddley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Re: Steven Riddley

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd give him the ball 30 times in Jax.

Ridley has been a big part of this offense. Worst thing the Pats can do is have him go into the playoffs with 0 confidence.

[/QUOTE]

Right to the point. I am sure he feels terrible about the fumbles but the Pats whould just go forward and show him they still have confidence in him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ridley fumbling has been an issue since he was a rookie, there's nothing "knee jerk" about it...  I was the first one on BDC to tell you that Ridley was going to be a baller but he can't hold onto the ball... period.  Things like this end careers prematurely.

[/QUOTE]

Steve Slaton ring a bell?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Overreaction for sure! He had been great all year, then faces the 2 best run D's in the game that look to get very physical and go after the ball. i think many of you are blowing up the last 2 tough games to project a bigger problem.

Vereen fumbled, Woody fumbled against Texans. you can't have it both ways.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Reality check time. Ridley started out gangbusters with only a weak game here and there. But as of now his overall contribution has been average. There is nothing to crow about with his game or malign him about. But at this point he is NOT a vast improvement over BJGE. And that just ain't good enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reality check time. Ridley started out gangbusters with only a weak game here and there. But as of now his overall contribution has been average. There is nothing to crow about with his game or malign him about. But at this point he is NOT a vast improvement over BJGE. And that just ain't good enough.

[/QUOTE]

his actual talent level is a big improvement over BJGE, he just thinks too much imo....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I would play Mainly Bolden and Woody. Those 2 are tough and productive and im not sure why Bolden is being held back. When he played, he looked better than Ridley. Ridley is a very good back but he holds the ball away from his body and its  no no in the NFL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

This was a group loss. Everyone contributed. Offense, defense, special teams, the D line the O line the RBs and yes babe even Brady.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

He lost as many fumbles this year at BJGE has in Cinci...

Can someone please explain to me how fumbles are worse than picks? I think the real problem is BB's over reaction to the fumbles. Adrian Peterson has as many fumbles and fumbles lost as Ridley this year and he could be the MVP.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would play Mainly Bolden and Woody. Those 2 are tough and productive and im not sure why Bolden is being held back. When he played, he looked better than Ridley. Ridley is a very good back but he holds the ball away from his body and its  no no in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

In general if Woody is getting a lot of touches is means the team is not doing well. His highest totals this year (carries and receptions combined): 17 (loss to SF), 16 (loss to BAL), 10 (OT game vs Jets), 9 (loss to ARI) and 9 (loss to SEA). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He lost as many fumbles this year at BJGE has in Cinci...

Can someone please explain to me how fumbles are worse than picks? I think the real problem is BB's over reaction to the fumbles. Adrian Peterson has as many fumbles and fumbles lost as Ridley this year and he could be the MVP.

[/QUOTE]

Woodhead is the more sure handed of the three. He's also better at picking up the blitz which may have had as much to do with his increased minutes as the fumbles.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In general if Woody is getting a lot of touches is means the team is not doing well. His highest totals this year (carries and receptions combined): 17 (loss to SF), 16 (loss to BAL), 10 (OT game vs Jets), 9 (loss to ARI) and 9 (loss to SEA). 

[/QUOTE]

Spare me the numbers < i know football and when we need points quick, Woody is in the game and makes Shyt happens. stop trying to use stats for everything.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

I think what everyone is missing on my post from last night besides me having had 1 to many is the facts of fumbling. Yes he has only had a few fumbles this year and a couple last year. Its not the numbers that concern me, its when he fumbles. Its one thing to fumble the ball when your up 31 to 14 with 8 minutes to go in a game, than to fumble on the first drive that the team was moving the ball in the first half, then to repeat again in the second half.

Sorry, Good runners donot fumble in those situations, bad runners do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Woodhead coughed one up last week too - not a peep about it because Lloyd fell on it for a TD....I always think of Ricky Watters RB for Philly in the 90s - great runner, great pass catcher, and known league wide as a fumbler......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I admit I was fed up with Ridley last night but after sober reflection and remembering Kevin Faulk cough it up after converting a 3rd down against Denver in the playoffs,  he just needs more experience.  He'll be a great back for us.

[/QUOTE]

So you're hammered during the game threads?  That explains so much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I admit I was fed up with Ridley last night but after sober reflection and remembering Kevin Faulk cough it up after converting a 3rd down against Denver in the playoffs,  he just needs more experience.  He'll be a great back for us.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

seems most fans here are so I wouldnt single him out, but its also why people need to chill out, tivo the game and watch it over before making threads about poor officiating just cuz you lost.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

his actual talent level is a big improvement over BJGE, he just thinks too much imo....

[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen he looks more talented than Benny.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

seems most fans here are so I wouldnt single him out, but its also why people need to chill out, tivo the game and watch it over before making threads about poor officiating just cuz you lost.

[/QUOTE]

Believe me dude, in no way am I condemning drinking during the game.  Hell, I always have brews while I watch the Pats.  I'm simply pointing out the reason for mighty's irrational behavior.  For one, he applauds me for embarrassing a few trolls on the game thread, and then during the 4th quarter, he calls me a troll/Rusty because I said the playcalling on 3&2/4&2 of the last drive was abysmal.  It's annoying.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This was a group loss. Everyone contributed. Offense, defense, special teams, the D line the O line the RBs and yes babe even Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Chill Rusty. I didn't say Brady was without fault. But I would call out poor ST play as the worst of the worst.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ridley is channeling his inner laurence maroney

[/QUOTE]

Nice post! What also upset me last night was when he fanned on a blitz pick up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Where was Bolden last night? He's the real power back we have and he should have been inserted into that game. I expected to see him after the 1st fumble and was surprised to not see him at all in the game.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Fumbles happen and it's a bad thing, but I think there are some other issues with this guy's game right now that need to be addressed. He turns his back to the line of scrimmage when he is being tackled, why is he doing that?? He can't see what is going on and he goes nowhere...just get low and drive ahead for another yard. To me this is a bush league type of move...play ground stuff. He is either going to fumble the ball or get paralyzed doing this. He can't get outside either...at all.

I still think he has enough size and quickness to help us, but he's not playing very well right now and the fumbles really kill us.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He had this problem at LSU too. At any given rate, he is the best pure runner right now, so you gotta hope he can come through down the stretch for the team.

Don't know what to make of Vereen's fumble because he isn't known for it, and it could just be fluky. 

That said, the offensive line needs to block better if any of these guys are going to make it happen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Perspective

RB A's career avg. = 1 fumble per 41 carries

RB B's first three years = 1 fumble per 46 carries

RB C's first three years = 1 fumble per 28 carries

RB D's first three years = 1 fumble per 51 carries

RB E's career avg. = 1 fumble per 68 carries

A is Jim Brown

B is Adrian Peterson

C is Walter Payton

D is Emmitt Smith

E is Steven Ridley

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Before all that I think Id see if there were adjustments to make. Mostly--with some exceptions--its reared its head over the last month. It could be that it wasnt given enough attention in practice, just given a cursory look. But after the last month, it cant be ignored, and needs to be given priority attention. I cant stand Tiki Barber, but he did learn to hold the ball differently and it cured his fumble problems. The ONLY thing good about NY winning the SB in 07 was that they did it immediatey after he left. I wish he'd stayed.

Sections
Shortcuts