Stevie Johnson: "Pats>Texans"

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Stevie Johnson:

All that matters is what takes place on the field. The better team will be the one that outscores the other when they meet in five weeks.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

Buffalo Bills receiver Steve Johnson is not a scout. But he is a pretty good football player who faced the New England Patriots (5-3) and Houston Texans (7-1) this season.

The Texans and Patriots are among the top teams in the AFC. But after playing both teams, Johnson said on a conference call with the Boston media that he has a clear idea who is better.

"I am just going to have to say the Patriots because the first quarter (against the Texans) I was feeling pretty good about it from my perspective," Johnson said. "I was feeling pretty good about it and then I ended up getting the thigh injury and I really could not do too much. I played the game against the Patriots with pretty much no injury and they still put a whooping on us. So I am going to give the nod to the New England Patriots."

I mean to me thats just a bunch of fluff. The fact is we did whoop them in the 2nd half but he doesnt play defense so I dont know how much he couldve done. The BIlls actually had some success on offense its just the D that couldnt stop us in the 2nd half but I appreciate the kind words. It matters nothing though in the grand scheme of things and Fact is, they are 7-0 and we are 5-3. Makes no difference if we dont get homefield and lose a road playoff game but I would agree we have a better passing attack and they have the better running game. SHould be a good contest when we meet!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I've got to say that I really don't put much weight into what players say for the most part about stuff like this, but I hope he's right. Houston to me is one of the best teams in football because of their balance and defense, but I'll take my chances against them if we are playing in the cold come playoff time. Question is, will we be playing at home?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

^ Exactly. Sounds good except the fact we have 3 losses to their zero and have to probably go undefeated in 2nd half for homefield and hope for Houston to stumble...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Well this is like Brady saying, There and good team when talking about the Not Yets, or Welker saying they have good feet ;o)

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Depends, as long as Kyle Arrington is on the field...no, no we're not. 

If Talib, Dennard, Cole and McCourty can sure up the back 4 like I'm sure they can...HECK YES! 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

^ Exactly. Sounds good except the fact we have 3 losses to their zero and have to probably go undefeated in 2nd half for homefield and hope for Houston to stumble...

Houston has a loss and might lose @ Chicago. If NE blasts them in Foxborough, Pats have a chance to seal the tiebreaker and get a #1 seed..

The toughest games remaning on paper are SF, Houston and @ Miami.

Everyone else they should be able to pull away from in each game, if Brady is under center and they establish a run in the first half/don't sub Ridley/Bolden on and off to run Woodhead based shotgun plays. lol

Im starting to worry about Bolden though. Been a while with that knee. Usually an MCL sprain is 3 weeks and anything worse is usally a tear . So I hope he isnt going to I/R ,as we could really use that 1 2 punch in the playoffs with Vareen just doing damage out the backfiled and giving Brady his security blanket that he hasnt had since Faulk went down and thats a big deal IMO because we forget how many clutch plays he made for us on 3rd and 4th downs...  Cant wait for Randy to come back to Foxboro. INteresting to see if BB puts the clamps on Moss or pay attention to Gore and the run game.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

we'll find out on the 10th vs. the texans and the 16th vs. the 49s.

Besides, apart from playoff seeding - i'd rather beat them in the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

he is obviously just saying this because the bills play the patriots this week and he doesnt want to give the pats more motivation to kick the bills a.sses. i agree with him that the patriots are a better overall team, but we will find out in december, and probobaly in january as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Houston has a loss and might lose @ Chicago. If NE blasts them in Foxborough, Pats have a chance to seal the tiebreaker and get a #1 seed..

The toughest games remaning on paper are SF, Houston and @ Miami.

Everyone else they should be able to pull away from in each game, if Brady is under center and they establish a run in the first half/don't sub Ridley/Bolden on and off to run Woodhead based shotgun plays. lol

Im starting to worry about Bolden though. Been a while with that knee. Usually an MCL sprain is 3 weeks and anything worse is usally a tear . So I hope he isnt going to I/R ,as we could really use that 1 2 punch in the playoffs with Vareen just doing damage out the backfiled and giving Brady his security blanket that he hasnt had since Faulk went down and thats a big deal IMO because we forget how many clutch plays he made for us on 3rd and 4th downs...  Cant wait for Randy to come back to Foxboro. INteresting to see if BB puts the clamps on Moss or pay attention to Gore and the run game.

I don't know...I think they would of just ir'd him pretty quickly if he tore his mcl. I can't see Belichick holding a roster spot for a rookie unless he's an all world type talent. I too would like to see him come back and add a little something extra in the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't put stock into it either. I posted this to show how anything that takes away the media's anti-BB crusade won't be headlining news.

Johnson has played NE twice per year for a couple years and they just played Houston in Houston, so whether it matters what his opinion is, his honesty is just worthy of note.

Ultra pro-Houston media in the AFC flummoxed.

No I agree, Johnson's opinion is worthy of note. I do like to hear stuff like this, it's just most of the time I really think these guys don't have a clue of what they're talking about. It's strange but, I think they operate in such a fish bowl that they don't really know much outside of what their specific football resposibilities are.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts