Stevie Johnson says "No Patriot can cover" him.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Stevie Johnson says "No Patriot can cover" him.

There's some bulletin board material for our secondary...(per The Buffalo Times.)

Stevie Johnson: No Patriot can cover me, not even Pat Chung

By Tim Graham

Stevie Johnson declared himself uncoverable in Sunday's game against the New England Patriots.

"I don't think they got nobody that can stop me," Johnson said this afternoon at One Bills Drive. "For real."

Johnson's never at a loss for confidence. He has been successful against NFL's best cornerbacks, particularly Darrelle Revis.

Johnson and his fellow Bills receivers will face a talented group of cornerbacks in Aqib Talib, Alfonso Dennard and Kyle Arrington.

"They're athletic," Johnson said. "I give a lot of credit to the New England Patriots. I haven’t played against Aqib Talib yet. I've checked him out on tape, long, athletic, try to play with vision. They play as one unit."

But then Johnson revealed his knowledge of the Patriots' secondary probably isn't as comprehensive as it should be.

"I got a lot of respect for Chung," Johnson said. "I know him personally."

Safety Pat Chung left the Patriots as a free agent. He's now with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Even so, nobody apparently concerns Johnson.

"I still think we can take advantage of their defense," Johnson said. "Their linebackers are downhill. They're aggressive.

"It's going to be a test, going to be a challenge. But I'll still ride with my boys over their guys."

Johnson added: "I think we got guys in the receiver room that's as good as I am, if not better. I just got that confidence in my teammates and in myself."

In seven career games against the Patriots, Johnson has 29 receptions for 382 yards and three touchdowns.

The Bills have beaten the Patriots twice in their past 24 games. Still, Johnson is supremely confident in their chances Sunday at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

"We've got to smother their offense," Johnson said, "and on offense, we've got to be efficient. We've got to get first downs and score when we can.

"We know the story with these Patriots. We've just got to stay on top of them."

TAGGED

Stevie Johnson
    Doesn't even know who's on the team...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Stevie Johnson says

Lol @ him mentioning Chung.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

"I don't think they got nobody that can stop me," Johnson said this afternoon at One Bills Drive. "For real."

And therefore, he does think they have somebody that can stop him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Doesn't he know that Chung couldnt cover anyone?  Thanks for telling us though.

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Shut up and do your job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Nice job of studying your opponent stevie, back to the film room

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm just glad there is one other person on the planet that feels the same way about Chung, as rusty. Congrats Rusty!! You keep good company.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Bills have passed well against NE.

But then, he hasn't faced Talib, AND even if he had ... the Bills defense is terrible.

I don't think Buffalo has a guard or tackle that can stop NE's front four either ... but we'll all have to wait and see on Sunday, won't we.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

While Stevie does run his mouth a lot, it should be said that he probably gave Revis more trouble than anyone else.  If he had a QB that could get him the ball he could be dangerous.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Stevie Johnson has been injured for the entire preseason and may be playing rusty this week.  E. J. Manuel has never thrown a football to him under game conditions.  Neither has Tuel.  I'll assume that Johnson has been playing catch with the eventual starter for an entire week of practices.   Both Buffalo quarterbacks are fresh out of college, their first real NFL game, so there may be some communication problems with whatshisname.

Following BB's dictum that you take away the opponent's favorite target, Johnson will be double covered unless he's so rusty that single coverage is fine.  There's a big quality dropoff in Buffalo receivers after Johnson. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

But then, he hasn't faced Talib, AND even if he had ... the Bills defense is terrible.

I don't think Buffalo has a guard or tackle that can stop NE's front four either ... but we'll all have to wait and see on Sunday, won't we.  

I agree.

I also don't understand how Buffalo's defense can be so terrible after spending all those millions of dollars on Top Tier Personnel.  They signed Mario Williams for a 100 Million Dollars (50 Million Guaranteed).  Oh, I guess it takes more than money to have a consistently winning team.  :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Unfortunately for Stevie no Biils QB can throw him the ball. Too bad. Lmao.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

EJ Manuel just might be servicable QB, especially if they run the ball as much as the coach says he wants to.  They won't win but could keep it close.  

That is my rational side talking, my other half says the Pats steamroll everyone this year with their retooled offense and rebuilt defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

I agree.

I also don't understand how Buffalo's defense can be so terrible after spending all those millions of dollars on Top Tier Personnel.  They signed Mario Williams for a 100 Million Dollars (50 Million Guaranteed).  Oh, I guess it takes more than money to have a consistently winning team.  :)

LOL!

Mt Hurl thinks spending money on trendy names every offseason is the answer. It makes him sleep well in his jammies at night. lmao

as opposed to not spending and leaving your all-time but aging QB to work with nobodies and a porous defense right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

EJ Manuel just might be servicable QB, especially if they run the ball as much as the coach says he wants to.  They won't win but could keep it close.  

That is my rational side talking, my other half says the Pats steamroll everyone this year with their retooled offense and rebuilt defense.

retooled and rebuilt huh? hmmmm

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

And therefore, he does think they have somebody that can stop him.

[/QUOTE]

Thats what I took out of it. I don't think he's giving himself enough credit.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

I agree.

Yeah. I said that when they got him. Williams is a piece you get when your defense is one piece away. Not when it has just one good player (Byrd) and a bunch of scrubs.

By the time Buffalo gets enough players to surround Williams, he will be gone or over the hill.

Signings like that, by teams like Buffalo are about gate .... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Whenever I see this buffoons name all I can think of is him dropping that TD pass against Pitt. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

well, doesn't matter what johnson says. Still gotta play the game. I would imagine spiller and taylor will get their share of yards. Gotta prevent spiller from making big plays.

I'm guessing Tuel to start? Will be interesting to see what the defense has in store for the rookie (if he plays). Hopefully, the patriots will be aggressive.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Stevie Johnson has been injured for the entire preseason and may be playing rusty this week.  E. J. Manuel has never thrown a football to him under game conditions.  Neither has Tuel.  I'll assume that Johnson has been playing catch with the eventual starter for an entire week of practices.   Both Buffalo quarterbacks are fresh out of college, their first real NFL game, so there may be some communication problems with whatshisname.

Following BB's dictum that you take away the opponent's favorite target, Johnson will be double covered unless he's so rusty that single coverage is fine.  There's a big quality dropoff in Buffalo receivers after Johnson. 

God help us! When did Belichick sign Rusty! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

Dear Stevie - "We may not be able to stop you from catching a few passes, but we can make it hurt like hell after you do ... count on it!"

Sections
Shortcuts