Still no EXPLANATION of the Rule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Still no EXPLANATION of the Rule

You can't push  a player into the pile.   does this mean that they are afraid this will blow out some guys knee or something...?

What is the purpose of this rule....????  heard John weenie Clayton say that it is an emphasis this year that is so obvious.   Right,   Great Rule.  Soebody explain it please....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Still no EXPLANATION of the Rule

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have the root of the explanation:

Points, ratings, reveue.

I've said it for years. Goodell is orchestrating any way possible to make sure as many points as possible are scored.

Why do you think our creepy penalties came out in the second half?  

Did you see the Geno SMith scramble and spot call? The ref could not have spotted it any worse and then Boger comes over and just signals 1st down when they should have clearly at least measured.  The fact is, Smith dover at that marker and the ball barely made it, but if he's diving at an angle, that means the ball is out of bounds before he got to the marker.

So, his knee is down at some point, short of the marker.

The Gronk "pick". Give me a break. The DB engaged Gronk so that is 100% impossible that call is applied correctly.

The Chandler Jones call was a thing that happens with every physical D after tackling an RB after every play.

Also, Perreira is becoming annoying with his stupid emphasis on saying Jones pushed Svtiek. In no way whatsoever, did Jones extend his arms. Jones stunting is not pushing his teammate forward. HE sidestepped and was trying to squeeze through.

[/QUOTE]

Nobody likes the call but you need to quit making up shtt.

He pushed.  Arms don't need to be extended to push, that's just ignorant, ignoramus.

Oh there is that pesky fact, that he ADMITTED IT!

Stupid rule, at the most ridiculous time, yes.   Suspect flag throwing, yes.

Did he break it, yes!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I just watched a different view of the play and clearly Jones did what he was flagged for.  Sadly, I am changing my mind on the call. There is nothing in the rule that says 2nd tier player. Here is what the rule says...

it makes no difference where you are originally lined up - Rule 9-1-3, the new rule, says "Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into the offensive formation." That’s exactly what happened in this play.

Team B is the defense. 

It's a safety rule.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Well...let's be thankful it wasn't a playoff game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Yeah right...Shulas dolphins all over again. On a deciding play ina tight game a flag benefitting the Fins would always appear. Last one I saw like this was in Foxboro - Bledsoe hit Coates with a pass. Coates is stood up and looks stopped on third down. Coates breaks the tackle and runs into end zone - soon as he crosses goal line a flag gets thrown for offensive interference......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Points, ratings, reveue.

I've said it for years. Goodell is orchestrating any way possible to make sure as many points as possible are scored.

Did you see the Geno SMith scramble and spot call? The ref could not have spotted it any worse and then Boger comes over and just signals 1st down when they should have clearly at least measured.  The fact is, Smith dover at that marker and the ball barely made it, but if he's diving at an angle, that means the ball is out of bounds before he got to the marker.

The Gronk "pick". Give me a break. The DB engaged Gronk so that is 100% impossible that call is applied correctly.

The Chandler Jones call was a thing that happens with every physical D after tackling an RB after every play.

Also, Perreira is becoming annoying with his stupid emphasis on saying Jones pushed Svtiek. In no way whatsoever, did Jones extend his arms. Jones stunting is not pushing his teammate forward. HE sidestepped and was trying to squeeze through.

[/QUOTE]

He pushed.  Arms don't need to be extended to push, that's just ignorant, ignoramus.

Did he break it, yes!

[/QUOTE]

Was he trying to stunt or not?  He wasn't square behind Svitek pushing Svitek. Absolutely not. THat is what the rule if for, not what Jones did. And, the fact it's beyond debatable if he physically pushed Svitek is proof enough that is not worthy of a flag in OT.

The only reason why you are doing this is to deflect from Brady's crap second half, too. Also, Jones played well and now is being strung up, so you see this as an opp to go after BB the GM.

You're not fooling me, Pissdispenser.A stunt is not pushing your fellow linemen into the offensive line.  Jones, sidestepped Svitek once Svitek broke off the snap. If anything, Jones used Svitek as a guide through the line to try to slip beside him.

We see this all the time every week in every game!

[/QUOTE]

Agree it was a stunt nothing more.  The rule is against "leveraging"  meaning you can get a duplication of force or something that could cause injury. 

In order to achieve this in any dangerous way you would have to direct all of the players weight into another player with momentum...  Merely stunting or rubbing aginst another player could not generate any force at all.  This is the idiocy of it.

Some dork writes the rule and then his idiot cousin calls it without any knowledge of the purpose or spirit of the rule is...   FAIL.  Joke.   People defending this call should have their heads examined.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Points, ratings, reveue.

HE PUSHED!

Might have happened 25 times today and not called but if you don't want to get caught with your pants down, leave em up!

[/QUOTE]

Did he break it, yes!

[/QUOTE]

Was he trying to stunt or not?  He wasn't square behind Svitek pushing Svitek. Absolutely not. THat is what the rule if for, not what Jones did. And, the fact it's beyond debatable if he physically pushed Svitek is proof enough that is not worthy of a flag in OT.

The only reason why you are doing this is to deflect from Brady's crap second half, too. Also, Jones played well and now is being strung up, so you see this as an opp to go after BB the GM.

You're not fooling me, Pissdispenser.A stunt is not pushing your fellow linemen into the offensive line.  Jones, sidestepped Svitek once Svitek broke off the snap. If anything, Jones used Svitek as a guide through the line to try to slip beside him.

We see this all the time every week in every game!

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The rule is simple and staightforward and Jones clearly broke it.  Do the refs call that consistently? Probably not.  But the rules are the rules and if you break them there's always a chance you'll be called for it.  Need to coach the players not to do it.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The rule is simple and staightforward and Jones clearly broke it.  Do the refs call that consistently? Probably not.  But the rules are the rules and if you break them there's always a chance you'll be called for it.  Need to coach the players not to do it.  

[/QUOTE]

Joke and you clearly see it was a stunt. It didn't look like anything. And for 15 yards? Yeah okay. Go defend the NFL and it's corrupt officials. I actually feel bad for those people who refuse to see it. It was a fairly unmakeable field goal. This wasn't a chip shot.  He missed it horribly. Then a freebie. If anything they could have pocketed the flag. It was murky at best and not clear cut, even from the officials point of view who threw the flag.  But keep on siding with the league they care about the fans and not more about money, seedlings and ratings. Please. It's a joke. The NFL is a sideshow now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

BB does not agree with the call as to Jones intent or his position in/on the line...this will fester all week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

They should not enforce rules in OT.  Rules are dumb.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just watched a different view of the play and clearly Jones did what he was flagged for.  Sadly, I am changing my mind on the call. There is nothing in the rule that says 2nd tier player. Here is what the rule says...

it makes no difference where you are originally lined up - Rule 9-1-3, the new rule, says "Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into the offensive formation." That’s exactly what happened in this play.

Team B is the defense. 

It's a safety rule.

[/QUOTE]

DO not start up, TFB12.  

THat is absolutely not at all what happened. Jones did not extend and sidestepped Svitek, which is nothing more than a stunt.

Are you telling me you can't make any contact at all with a teammate on the line when you are engaged in a FG or a PAT play?

It does make a difference where you are lined up.  That's why the LBs and DBs would always do it.  There is no way Jones had enough push, extension, etc, when his arms brushed up against Svitek as he stunted inside like that.

Absolutely not.

The rule was to defend against a big LB or Safety coming up and pushing the player from behind through the play.

You're wrong.  Flat out wrong.

So, is MIke Perreira.  That's why we haven't seen the foul for 6 full weeks of play.

Everyone knows they can't do the old school push thing anymore and Jones didn't do it

A call like that in OT? You've got to be kidding me.

[/QUOTE]

I hate the call but you really need to see the other view of the play and you will see Jones was flagged for exactly what he did.  He made a mistake.  He has even admitted it. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i dont like the rule and was disgusted that they actually called it in a time like that, but the patriots were uncharacteristically undisciplined in today's game. the chandler jones penalty was incredibly stupid and hightower made countless dumb plays during the game. only good news about today's game is that gronk looked good out there.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

Team B is the defense. 

It's a safety rule.

[/QUOTE]

You saw it from the sideline view, huh?  me too. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They should not enforce rules in OT.  Rules are dumb.

[/QUOTE]

Heres a rule for you...   Don't open your mouth....   and remove all doubt that youre an idiot.

[/QUOTE]

why so snippy?  It seems like we agree.  You hate rules, I hate rules.  What up, yo?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

It seemed weird the league wanted to call the penalty today of all days. It almost seemed like they had some premeditation to it. Like they were looking to call it, and bail out the jests

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

I hate the call but you really need to see the other view of the play and you will see Jones was flagged for exactly what he did.  He made a mistake.  He has even admitted it. 

[/QUOTE]

He admitted it because that's the classy Patriots thing to do.  Don't whine about calls not going your way even when they're blatantly wrong.

Rusty is 100% correct in this.  Well, not the conspiracy stuff, but the purpose of the rule and how it is meant to be applies.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It seemed weird the league wanted to call the penalty today of all days. It almost seemed like they had some premeditation to it. Like they were looking to call it, and bail out the jests

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  What they should have called was the ref who pushed the Pats player into the other Pats player.  The NFL inscorrupt.  I wonder why they didn't rig the first game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He admitted it because that's the classy Patriots thing to do.  Don't whine about calls not going your way even when they're blatantly wrong.

Rusty is 100% correct in this.  Well, not the conspiracy stuff, but the purpose of the rule and how it is meant to be applies.

[/QUOTE]

If only the fans of the classy team were classy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

Team B is the defense. 

It's a safety rule.

You saw it from the sideline view, huh?  me too. 

[/QUOTE]

The game view and the view being shown most was from behind the Jets offensive line.  The 2nd view was shown on the texans vs chiefs halftime and it was from behind the patriots defensive line.  Clearly Jones did exactly what he was flagged for.  Now could they have let the call go and never would have been questioned??  Probably.  But the official was about 5 yards behind Jones, and watching him. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

So how does this differ from players pushing, from behind, a running back carrying the football so he gains more yards?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

How does this call make more points scored?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Ther was a time I believe when offensive player could not push the ball carrier from behind, so why can they now? looks like a rugby scrum

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

THIS WAS A DISGUSTENG AND HORRIBLE CALL, ITS OBVIOUS GOODELL HATES THE PATS AND CONSPIRED WITH HIS NY CRONIES TO SCREW THE PATS. THEIR JELOSY OF BOSTON SPORTS TEAMS IS SO OBVIOUSE