Still Too Much In Love With...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Still Too Much In Love With...

the shotgun spread. How many times did they run it on 2nd and 1 that it went nowhere? You'd think O'Brien was still here instead of - let's see - the guy who taught him everything he knew... hmmmhrrmmph.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Still Too Much In Love With...

Az was getting very quick penetration and I think it was just a way to give Brady some more time to throw and spend less of it back pedaling away from defenders. If we could have ran the 2 TE set more, Brady would have been more undercenter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

They faced a major curve ball with Hernandez injury so I would not read too much into the formations. I would argue the offensive line was killing them with several plays where huge yardage was lost quickly. The Pats did not get out of their funk until it was too late.
    The Pats were screwing up all the way to the end on offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

You guys are right, of course. The Cards were getting great penetration and the Hern injury threw them for a loop. It's just when the go to the SG spread, let's face it, people in Pakistan know what's coming. I'd like to see Brady lined up under center more often in those situations and run on 2nd down or maybe play action to help keep the D guessing a little. This was one of the knocks against O'Brien. I guess it's my fault for hoping for something different from the guy he learned from.

Anyway, tip o' the cap to Arizona today. They played a better game.

Sections
Shortcuts