Still want Rey Mauluga

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Still want Rey Mauluga

after his dui, it looks teams made right decision to pass

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: Still want Rey Mauluga

You can add Stephen Jackson too, after his physical abuse charge. Alot people were saying we should trade for him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Still like Mauluaga (sp?), might have some issues, but love his play

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I'd still take him

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Never did, didn't think he was smart enough to play in this scheme.  I do want the Pats to take a chance on Lee Campbell this year. 

I think this kid can make an impact in this D, has experience as DE, ILB and Strongside LB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Id still take him over Gary Guyton... think the patriots will readdress their linebacking group this draft. passed on guys like paulsuasky laurintius and mauluga (spelling on all those guys) but think well take more of a chance this year.

Anyone else notice that there are alot of off field behaviors in this defensive draft?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I'd still take Maualuga.

Albert Einstein probably would have been smart enough to play SILB too.

I'll take Maualuga's instincts, toughness, and pass rushing ability over a genius for SILB any day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

There are a couple things wrong with the Maluaga story.

First - The police spokesman is named "Spike Jones"? Really?

Second - Rey was driving a 2003 Pontiac? There is no way anyone can drive a 7 year-old Pontiac because it is likely in the shop. And what self-respecting NFL rookie drives a Pontiac? I wonder if it was teal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

no, I'd have taken OG/C Eric Wood and never bothered to trade that pick down from like #27.

Then instead of Ohrenberger in the 4th rd, we could have had ILB Jasper Brinkely, anyone catch how he did in Minnesota??? I remember calling for him day 2 of last year, along with half this board..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"There are a couple things wrong with the Maluaga story.

First - The police spokesman is named "Spike Jones"? Really?

Second - Rey was driving a 2003 Pontiac? There is no way anyone can drive a 7 year-old Pontiac because it is likely in the shop. And what self-respecting NFL rookie drives a Pontiac? I wonder if it was teal." E-Root

LOL...GOOD stuff Root, good stuff.  But say for instance that The Report ISN'T falsified...not one person's mentioned the "Peer" Factor.  A Rookie, wanting belonging and acceptance from his New Team, and to be a part of them...If The Team is The Bengals, It benefits everyone if you start of your rap sheet sooner than later.

But when all's said and done, I'm glad we didn't take Rey Maualuga, because NOT only has Gary Guyton been a superb Strong Inside Linebacker, BUT the team's next super-star in Ron Brace was chosen instead of Maualuga...thus to me, passing on Rey has payed out twofold.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I am still fairly concerned about a police department whose spokesman is named "Spike Jones". Granted - a lot of guys named Jones have probably been nicknamed Spike, but as the rep for a police department, I would think they would tell him to use his given name. 

Unless his given name is Effoff or Reverend Jim or something.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I wish we addressed our LB corp last year, everytime I think about it I kringe. We could have had Matthews at OLB and had our choice between Maualuga/Laurinatitis, Id prooly go with Laurinatitis. Think about it, IMHO the DEND, OLB/ILB positions killed us more than any other this year. And we could have locked up two studs like Matthews/Laurinatitis for the next 5-6 years, and taken care of two out of three prime needs on this D. We have a chance to do the same this year if we can get Spikes and Odrick, theres a slim chance both will be available in early 2nd round . This draft might be the most important in 20 years for the PATS, 05-09 has really hurt us. Brace, Chung and Butler, instead of Matthews and/or Laurinatitis/Maualuga, that still burns me and will burn this team for the next 10 years, that cant happen again this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Yes...I too wanted Maualuga, and wondered out loud on this forum why the Patriots passed on him at #34 last April...choosing instead to select safety Patrick Chung. At that time, one of our fellow posters, I believe it was zbellino, pointed out that Maualuga had slipped due to character concerns. I guess that "z", and the Patriots, were right: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/31/more-details-on-maualuga-arrest/.

Here's more on the Maualuga DUI. At around 1:50 a.m., Maualuga allegedly plowed into two parked cars and a parking meter while intoxicated. He blew a .157 on his breath test...nearly twice the legal limit in Kentucky: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/29/rey-maualuga-dui-crash-photo-picture-cincinnati-bengals/ 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Maualuga pled guilty today to misdemeanor DUI charges, and basically received a slap on the wrist. But, he'll now be involved in the league substance abuse program: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/02/rey-maualuga-pleads-guilty-to-dui/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Here's the embarrassing video of Maualuga being arrested:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/02/ray-maualuga-arrest-video_n_445693.html

D'ough!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Enoch- Judging from the Video that Pontiac might be teal..Good Call.

I'd still like to have him DUI or not. This isn't Rae Carruth, Ray Lewis or Pacman Jones stuff. He got drunk and did something stupid.

Sections
Shortcuts