Stop benching Maroney!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: Stop benching Maroney!!

he is very good getting chunks of yards (9-10 at a time), but no more at the goalline. give those to Fred Taylor.  fumbles are unacceptable whether you are Maroney or Peterson (as evidenced last night).  hold on to the damn ball.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Agree with both of you...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Yet somehow he still managed to start 15 games for us this season and through some pretty horrible performances by our offensive line... 

His 194 carries on the season are more than Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris and Kevin Faulk combined (184).  Oh yeah and he leads the team in kickoff returns...

I've never seen such vitriolic criticism or intense cheering against one of our own players before except by trolls or over on the Red Sox board, as if Laurence's fumble was comparable to Bill Buckner's poor fielding against the Met's.

Wozzy, Maroney has played very well in some important games and will probably play his best in the playoffs but that is not an excuse for lack of effort in other games.  It is apparent to everyone - people on this board, announcers at games, Kraft, Bruschi - that in many games he runs with hesitation, dances and looks afraid of being hit.  His fumbles are something entirely new but they are happening regularly now so that is a legitimate reason to criticise him.  The O-Line seems to block pretty well when he doesn't have the ball (this year and last).  Fans have a right to show vitriol toward a player who obviously isn't trying his best every game. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

People need to understand this isnt the same power running game the Pats had with Dillion and Smith. Its a completely different offense

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Weak O line isn't an excuse for fumbling is it? That's all this was about. Reward/Punishment

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Evil you are correct the o-line has zero to do with fumbling. No excuse for that. Im not saying he is as good. But look at Kevin Faulks early years here. He had 15 fumbles in his first 4 seasons. How did running him out of town work for us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

K-max!  I want to thank you for being right on target with your anti-Maroney rantings.  They are priceless.

Maroney must be BB's love child.  There is no other explanation why this underachiever is still on the team and still starting week after week.

It's like the Patriots version of Groundhog Day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

boomerst3, your not suggesting Maroney is somehow comparable to Petersen are you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I really would like to know why there's still hope this guy will all of the sudden turn into a great RB even a solid one.
    I got the fork, he's done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Pats7393, You really think he is terrible?

Lets see he is 24, almost has 1,000 yards from scrimmage sharing the backfield, has 9 rushing td's, has a career 4.2 per carry, has decent power and speed, shows the ability to get to the corner. If he was used in a Indy type running game where its mostly stretch plays he would be more effective. Im not saying he will be great, but the guy is a serviceable back

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The O-Line seems to block pretty well when he doesn't have the ball (this year and last).  Fans have a right to show vitriol toward a player who obviously isn't trying his best every game. 

Until Bill benched him after the fumble this past weekend I can't recall Belichick or any of his position coaches questioning his effort or even criticising him at all. 

In fact I remember BB sticking up for him and throwing the O Line under the bus a couple weeks ago.  I've seen games when they block well, I've seen games when they block poorly and for all three players, the play calling has been the same consistancy.  Needless to say the O Line has played better since than... 

He never got benched for effort...  all our backs are good, he is still the best with the best chance at hitting a home run.  Pat's fans are so spoiled with riches... 

If it were raining money, you people would be complaining the quarters were hitting you in the head.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Interesting that you sign your posts In Bill We Trust then procede to crap on him for wanting to give Maroney every chance possible. And yes all this whining about Maroney is the same as crapping on BB. Obviously he sees something in the kid that he likes and is trying to let him mature. Fumbling can be caused either a perfect hit on the ball by a defender or more often a mental lapse by the runner. In Maroney's case it's a mental lapse. I'm by no means a huge Maroney fan but I trust BB to know when the time is right to give up on him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

posted at 12/29/2009 12:54 PM EST
    First: 10/3/2005
    Last: 12/29/2009
    K-max!  I want to thank you for being right on target with your anti-Maroney rantings.  They are priceless.

Maroney must be BB's love child.  There is no other explanation why this underachiever is still on the team and still starting week after week.

It's like the Patriots version of Groundhog Day.
     gfkr2,  The funny thing is a few out there are actually calling me a troll, as if I was the one who benched him due to his complete and gross incompetence.  I love the apologists their funny.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Stop fumbling Maroney!!

There, fixed it for you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Evil because I trust BB more than anyone that could be a head coach for Pats doesn't mean I can't have an opinion based on facts.  Here are the facts, LM has been playing in the same system behind pretty much the same line for 4 years now and has not done anything worth mentioning.

Be it bill or other coaches but someone is been more patient than I as a fan.  I just don't see him turning into anything more than what he has been for 4 years.

Sections
Shortcuts