Stop complaining about the D

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Stop complaining about the D

In Response to Re: Stop complaining about the D:
    In Response to Re: Stop complaining about the D : Don't worry, it's not just you.  It's all the trolls. But......isn't your sole intention here, to get attention?
    Posted by pezz4pats

I'm not buying it.  You have an unhealthy affinity for me.  And no, I actually enjoy discussing football here.  If I wanted "attention", I'd comment on more threads, and write in CAPS all of the time, and start threads. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

We need more Dogs; less cats

http://youtu.be/CAxuu4ZaeIc

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

lately, the broncos have been winning mostly w/ D....
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

But against what offenses?  Outside of the Chargers, they haven't exactly faced a phalanx of scary offenses!! The Bears today, without Forte and Cutler.. please!!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Stop complaining about the D : I'm not buying it.  You have an unhealthy affinity for me.  And no, I actually enjoy discussing football here.  If I wanted "attention", I'd comment on more threads, and write in CAPS all of the time, and start threads. 
    Posted by UD6

Believe what you must but we all know your beliefs are extremely distorted.
    But, hey......... Thanks for not using all CAPS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

In Response to Re: Stop complaining about the D : I didn't see consistantly gashed.  I saw stoned the run dead, until the 2nd half, when the emphasis was shifted on defending the pass.  
    Posted by Davedsone

I'm pretty sure that guy Helu had well over 50 yards running by midway thru the second quarter.  I saw consistently gashed all day long. 

Helu's final stat line was 27 rushes, for 126 yards, 4.7 yards per carry.  I didn't see him get "stoned" much, either half.  This defense was bad today, against both the pass and the run.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Stop complaining about the D:
    J. Cunningham There are issues but be realistic hamstring (Doubtful) DNP K. Arrington foot (questionable) P. Chung foot (questionable) DNP D. Fletcher thumb (questionable) DNP     D. McCourty shoulder (questionable) M. Slater shoulder (questionable) DNP B. Spikes knee (questionable) DNP S. Vereen hamstring (questionable)   DNP And that Edleman Underwood and Slater are the back ups and some time starters on D. That Nate Jones has played 3 games this year one with Miami. Niko Koutouvides has played 4 games. That J. Ihedigbo is obviously playing with a very sore shoulder. As for giving up lots of run yards it happens when you are missing your starting DBs and the replacements need to play off the WRs. So they are mssing several integral parts and still winning with the bend but don't break D. It could be a whole lot worse...........
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!

What a crock! I can't believe that you are actually saying that this horrid defense (DFL in the NFL, BTW, as apparently you're either not paying attention or can't comprehend what you're seeing) is either better than it shows by virtue of the players NOT playing, or they they would be better if healthy. Gosh! Hollyweird can't make this stuff up!!!

Hint time: You play the guys you've got. If it happens to be a bunch of sorry azzed  hacks, then so be it. I didn't see Chung leave any receiver WIDE FREAKIN' OPEN over the middle today, did you? I saw the guys on the field stink it up AGAIN, oncde more making the QB "Hack Of The Week" into the next HOF candidate and All Pro. Injuries? Only excuses. Even if the player(s) happen to be the best the Patriots have to offer, if you play hurt, no excuses for injuries.

Perhaps you need to better understand or try to comprehend the words of eh "experts" when they explain the very extreme and noticible shortcomings of the Patriots defense, especially the part of being "DFL".

What part of DFL do you NOT understand???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Stop complaining about the D : Believe what you must but we all know your beliefs are extremely distorted. But, hey......... Thanks for not using all CAPS.
    Posted by pezz4pats

There's no need for belief.  All that needs to be done is to look for my posts only to find you closely behind.  Its creepy. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Rodney Harrison just threw the pats secondary under the bus.  Worst secondary in 10 years.
    Posted by UD6

...and you have the worst team in...well, ever. Look on the bright side, at least you have the 2007 Detroit Lions to share that title with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

J. Cunningham There are issues but be realistic hamstring (Doubtful) DNP K. Arrington foot (questionable) P. Chung foot (questionable) DNP D. Fletcher thumb (questionable) DNP     D. McCourty shoulder (questionable) M. Slater shoulder (questionable) DNP B. Spikes knee (questionable) DNP S. Vereen hamstring (questionable)   DNP And that Edleman Underwood and Slater are the back ups and some time starters on D. That Nate Jones has played 3 games this year one with Miami. Niko Koutouvides has played 4 games. That J. Ihedigbo is obviously playing with a very sore shoulder. As for giving up lots of run yards it happens when you are missing your starting DBs and the replacements need to play off the WRs. So they are mssing several integral parts and still winning with the bend but don't break D. It could be a whole lot worse...........
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Yawn!! What a bunch of excuses! Why do you think that there's so little talent on the "D"? The past 5 years of poor drafting decisions are taking their toll. How's this for a list of flops on the defensive side of the ball: Brandon Meriweather, Terrence Wheatley, Shawn Crable, Darius Butler, Ron Brace, Johnathan Wilhite, James Sanders, Jermaine Cunningham, and two members on the all-cystall team...Ras-I Dowling and Patrick Chung.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: Stop complaining about the D : There's no need for belief.  All that needs to be done is to look for my posts only to find you closely behind.  Its creepy. 
    Posted by UD6

LOL! What's really creepy is a colts fan who is on his 6th screen name and currently has 3344 posts.  That's more than most posters who are on their first screen name.
    Also, if I was following your every post, it would seem that I should have one more than you.  3345 Correct?
    As usual...fantasies and lies.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Re: Stop complaining about the D : I didn't see consistantly gashed.  I saw stoned the run dead, until the 2nd half, when the emphasis was shifted on defending the pass.  
    Posted by Davedsone

If that is the case, you were not paying attention. Helu had 80 yards on 17 carries in the first half alone. Royster and Helu combined for 86 yards on 16 carries in the seconds half. The run was effective all game long.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

This defense stinks...the Patriots have a good record due to Brady, Gronk, and Welker, as well as due to the fact the Patriots have played alot of  bad to mediocre teams this year. When have you ever seen Brady throw so many 4th quarter interceptions? He is pressing to take up the slack of a bad defense. Having to play so many offensive (both meanings intended, haha) players on defense is not a good thing. And as a previous poster listed- all the recent failures of high drafts in the secondary...what the sexual intercourse is going on with BB and his defensive genius?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Thank you, this team has been helped by a much easier schedule than people realize. In terms, of strength of schedule they actual have played the easiest schedule in the AFC. Only the Packers and 49ers have a lower opponents win % in the entire NFL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Thank you, this team has been helped by a much easier schedule than people realize. In terms, of strength of schedule they actual have played the easiest schedule in the AFC. Only the Packers and 49ers have a lower opponents win % in the entire NFL.
    Posted by FrnkBnhm

Interesting! Brady is under tremendous pressure. If he and the offense go a couple of 3 and outs, everyone is all over them. If the defense was half way decent, no one would even notice. Look at  the 4th quarter interception Brtady threw yesterday and the heated exchange that followed between Brady and O'Brien. Also, the disproportionate time of possession, with the Patriots defense on the field longer than the offense in almost every game does not help, especially late in the game.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

McCourty s**ks period.  What happened to this kid? After last season I thought BB finally make a great #1 pick. 

This season he is horrible.  Looks too small to play the position. He gets man-handled out there.  That PI call on the 3rd and 18 was inexcusable!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

McCourty s**ks period.  What happened to this kid? After last season I thought BB finally make a great #1 pick.  This season he is horrible.  Looks too small to play the position. He gets man-handled out there.  That PI call on the 3rd and 18 was inexcusable!
    Posted by IraqSteve

McCourty has been playing hurt.  That's what happened to him and that's not an excuse; it's an answer to your question.

The injuries really reared their ugly head after the KC game.  During and after the KC game is when the bend don't break also began to break.  Again, not an excuse it's reality.

If they get some people healthy, stop having to play Slater, Edelman and a bunch of JAGs in the D they've got a shot in the playoffs.  If they don't markedly improve over that kind of performance they won't get far in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

ATJ - I disagree, I think he has been playing like crap since week one. When they opened in Miami Monday night B Marshal was all over him. McCourty is just to small and was getting pushed around.
    It felt like last season he had better coverage on WR's and could go up to make that INT.  This season he is nowhere to be found - WR's are getting separation, and when he does get decent coverage he gets out muscled for the ball and gives up the play.
    I'm no analyst, but that what it looks like to me.... hurt or not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

J. Cunningham  So they are mssing several integral parts and still winning with the bend but don't break D. It could be a whole lot worse...........
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Yeah, we could be playing teams with winning records. The only way they get to the 2nd round is w/a bye week

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Stop complaining about the D : No chance of winning in the playoffs with this D it's the f%%%kin washington redskins 4-9. Don't get trick by playing these junk teams this last month.
    Posted by CHUBBIE99

This is the kind of mindset that boggles me.  O.K. then, don't watch, but don't watch the playoffs we will be in either.  And don't watch the Superbowl if we get there either.   If you are SO ignorant you think a team that is 4-9 is incapable of playing a good game, you really shouldn't be watching football anyway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

ATJ - I disagree, I think he has been playing like crap since week one. When they opened in Miami Monday night B Marshal was all over him. McCourty is just to small and was getting pushed around. It felt like last season he had better coverage on WR's and could go up to make that INT.  This season he is nowhere to be found - WR's are getting separation, and when he does get decent coverage he gets out muscled for the ball and gives up the play. I'm no analyst, but that what it looks like to me.... hurt or not.
    Posted by IraqSteve

Steve, I don't disagree with you that he has played poorly all season, particularly as compared to last year.  It is my belief that the reason for that is that he has been hurt all season.  I grant you that is just speculation but there simply seem to be too many indications that he has been playing hurt.  Just a hunch based on observation.   And I don't discount the possibility that he is simply playing like crap either.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

We complain about this and look at the mighty Dallas defence. They gave up 510 yards yesterday. 

So at the end of the day it comes down to match-ups. Why Molden is not playing is beyond me. I think it also comes down to scheme. All of a sudden we see Ellis playing the majority of snaps. Why change it when it was working in Jets and Philly games. Looks like they are still auditioning Lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

@IraqSteve -

Size is not McCourty's problem. He didn't shrink from 2010 to 2011. He is a half-inch shorter than Revis.

What I can agree with you on is that he has been unforgiveably bad. Earlier in the year, it felt like he was in position to make plays and for whatever reason wasn't getting his hands up at the right time -- but now, he's often out of position and just flat out getting toasted. I hope King is right, that he's hurt and he'll come back strong in 2012.

On the defense in general, we just don't have the horses. Carter, Wilfork, and Mayo are all outstanding to very good players, but the talent drop-off as you get through the lineup is staggering. Ihedigbo is actually playing well for his talent level, but it simply isn't enough because the talent isn't there. Sadly, for the third straight year I'm hoping for a major defensive overhaul.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Stop complaining about the D :      Yawn!! What a bunch of excuses! Why do you think that there's so little talent on the "D"? The past 5 years of poor drafting decisions are taking their toll. How's this for a list of flops on the defensive side of the ball: Brandon Meriweather, Terrence Wheatley, Shawn Crable, Darius Butler, Ron Brace, Johnathan Wilhite, James Sanders, Jermaine Cunningham, and two members on the all-cystall team...Ras-I Dowling and Patrick Chung.    
    Posted by TexasPat3

Hey now, Sanders was a pretty good S for a 4th round pick. I would take him over any of the bunch we have now. He might not have been the best player but he was consistently solid and rarely missed time do to injury.....

Is it sad that of the list you mentioned that Sanders is the best of the lot.

Sections
Shortcuts