Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

They are the real reason Denver has gone 5-1 the past six games.  They are in QBs' faces in 3 seconds or less (one or both).  They are the best pass-rushing combination since Freeney and Mathis

Also stop giving Tebow the credit that Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins deserve.  They're part of a secondary locking down receivers while Dumervil and Miller do work in opposing backfields

Yes, it's nice to know as a defense that your incompetent quarterback will eventually figure himself out 72 minutes into the game and finally put up the points to win the game, but I'd take at least 15 other quarterbacks over Tebow (and only 2 or 3 other pass rushers over Miller)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve

Yep. He's Trent Dilfer but running. He get's so many chances to blow it, then finally delivers in like double OT and people laud him. 

As long as that defense is humming along they'll stay in games. If it stops, he'll turn into a pumpkin in short order. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

What do you care. He's basically a rookie QB, of course there's a bunch of QBs better than him right now. Plus it's not like those guys weren't on the team 6 weeks ago when Orton was the QB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

if u look at the score of the g ames that tebow has one its been  2 tds or less  if the opposing teams are able to but up say like 21 points  i dont think that they could hang

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You know . . .  all the people who seem to revel in hating on Tim Tebow are starting to make me like Tim Tebow . . .   his lord and savior notwithstanding.

Give the kid a break.

What did he ever do to you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve:
    [QUOTE]You know . . .  all the people who seem to revel in hating on Tim Tebow are starting to make me like Tim Tebow . . .   his lord and savior notwithstanding. Give the kid a break. What did he ever do to you?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

it's more that they think he's the only reason Denver is winning

he isn't.  far cry.

also, i have a personal bias against the cl*st*rf*ck offense & he's a 45% passer (worst than Dirty Sanchez), except he misses by so much that he doesn't throw interceptions (as in, he's so bad he doesn't throw interceptions)

he's why i don't watch college.  that sh*t doesn't belong in the pros

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Agreed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

im not worried when we play them... our defense will shut that horrible offense out, fg at the most..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

So by your premise, Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Champ Bailey and the rest of the team was dogging it before Tebow showed up? If they are reason for the 5 wins they have to be the reason for all the losses.

I believe that Tebow is and average QB looking to become better, no more no less. What he has brought to the team is a spark of leadership. I watched the game yesterday and what I saw was a team that never gave up. They should have been out of it with seconds to go in regulation but the D stuck and forced SD to a longer field goal than they could make.

In OT the entire team fought for every inch, Tebow included, had he not made the run to gain a 1st down with his feet, or made the pass to set up the field goal, they would not have won.

I agree this was a team win, where I disagree is where the leadership credit belongs. Same team before Tebow would have and did fold at the end of tough games. I see a team now that believes if they (The Team, not one man) hang around long enough they can get a win. I believe Tebow has been that spark for the entire team to live up to their talent.

Give the kid the credit, they are a better team with him as QB regardless of what anyone thinks of his skills

By the way, Rivers is one of the best, that team fell apart and gave up

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

Before Tim Tebow these players were mere players and nothing more.
    Now, inspired by a true man of god these players have regained life inside and began to play up to their full potential.
    You are right that Tebow doesn't deserve all the credit and I'd like to join you in giving god the credit he deserves.
    Thankyou for this thread. You anger is forgiven.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve:
    [QUOTE]So by your premise, Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Champ Bailey and the rest of the team was dogging it before Tebow showed up? If they are reason for the 5 wins they have to be the reason for all the losses. I believe that Tebow is and average QB looking to become better, no more no less. What he has brought to the team is a spark of leadership. I watched the game yesterday and what I saw was a team that never gave up. They should have been out of it with seconds to go in regulation but the D stuck and forced SD to a longer field goal than they could make. In OT the entire team fought for every inch, Tebow included, had he not made the run to gain a 1st down with his feet, or made the pass to set up the field goal, they would not have won. I agree this was a team win, where I disagree is where the leadership credit belongs. Same team before Tebow would have and did fold at the end of tough games. I see a team now that believes if they (The Team, not one man) hang around long enough they can get a win. I believe Tebow has been that spark for the entire team to live up to their talent. Give the kid the credit, they are a better team with him as QB regardless of what anyone thinks of his skills By the way, Rivers is one of the best, that team fell apart and gave up
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

tebow would be dead in the water if his best 6 linemen were all injured. Any QB would.  and it's a norv turner team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TD_Jesus. Show TD_Jesus's posts

In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve : tebow would be dead in the water if his best 6 linemen were all injured. Any QB would.  and it's a norv turner team.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Tebow would turn the other cheek if sacked and rise above.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve : Tebow would turn the other cheek if sacked and rise above.
    Posted by TD_Jesus[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think even God could save a Norv Turner coached team

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve : tebow would be dead in the water if his best 6 linemen were all injured. Any QB would.  and it's a norv turner team.

Artist: I take nothing away from the team, I agree they are strong players. I only disagree that Tebow has done nothing and is lucky. I believe he is the spark that has got the team going.

Just like Jim McMahon with the 85 Bears head butting line men after a play, I think Tebow and his drive to win has the team focused, regardless of what any may feel about his skills

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve : Artist: I take nothing away from the team , I agree they are strong players. I only disagree that Tebow has done nothing and is lucky. I believe he is the spark that has got the team going. Just like Jim McMahon with the 85 Bears head butting line men after a play, I think Tebow and his drive to win has the team focused, regardless of what any may feel about his skills
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

i take nothing away from tebow either, but let's not get carried away with him.  he's a 45% passer on a 6-5 team.  the only competent team he's beaten is the Raiders (and that might be pushing the limits of "competent" given their recent history and their 38-13 thrashing at the hands of the Patriots).

yes, he's 5-1.  i respect that.  and if Champ Bailey says he's a leader, he's a leader.  But he's beating the Chiefs and Chargers of the world, coached by knuckleheads like Todd Haley and Norv Turner.  He's also passing 45% and I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the cl*st*rf*ck offense.  It doesn't belong in the pros, and I hope the gimmicks run out eventually.

I think he does have the will to improve, but if he doesn't have the physical ability, he'll be out of the league in three years.  he needs to throw at least 60% to win playoff games.  the Ravens and the Steelers will destroy him otherwise (like the Lions did and I think the Pats will, too)

he is not HIM and I hate hearing people who make him out to be anything more than a feel good story.  I could care less about his religion - I'm also a confirmed Catholic, and my parents run a food pantry in California... big f***ing deal.  Learn to play the QB position.

And share the credit with the boys on defense.  Dumervil's 5.5 sacks in the past 4 games and Miller's 10.5 on the season might be a bigger factor in their wins.  Just sayin'

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:  But he's beating the Chiefs and Chargers of the world, coached by knuckleheads like Todd Haley and Norv Turner. 

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but when Kansas City was whooping up on that sorry-@ss division last season, there were those around here loudly proclaiming them the next big thing in the NFL.

Now . . .   let's hear that one about the injuries again.

Wink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

The defense is playing great. Period. It is absolutely the bigger reason that they are winning. Tebow is a nice story. He's a good football player he's just not a good QB. Having him at QB is absolutely 100% not a long term solution. It can't be. You can't run a system that only one guy can run. What do you do when he goes down? Hey slow unathletic QB I know you can't run 80% of this playbook because it was designed for Tebow. Just try your best. It's idiotic and can't be sustained.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Or if this team falls behind by a lot. They will be in trouble.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    Can you say..  "Detroit"?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve : Not to hijack the thread or anything, but when Kansas City was whooping up on that sorry-@ss division last season, there were those around here loudly proclaiming them the next big thing in the NFL. Now . . .   let's hear that one about the injuries again.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

*cough* RUSS *cough*

I've been pointing out since 2008 that the Wests were the weakest sorriest excuses for divisions in the NFL

Did you know that, aside from the 49ers, the Seahawks' win over the Giants is the only win in the division that wasn't against each other?

This was the case in 2008, when the Patriots missed the playoffs after sweeping the NFC West and beating eventual-division-winner Arizona 45-7 or something like that

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve:
    [QUOTE]They are the real reason Denver has gone 5-1 the past six games.  They are in QBs' faces in 3 seconds or less (one or both).  They are the best pass-rushing combination since Freeney and Mathis Also stop giving Tebow the credit that Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins deserve.  They're part of a secondary locking down receivers while Dumervil and Miller do work in opposing backfields Yes, it's nice to know as a defense that your incompetent quarterback will eventually figure himself out 72 minutes into the game and finally put up the points to win the game, but I'd take at least 15 other quarterbacks over Tebow (and only 2 or 3 other pass rushers over Miller)

OK we get it. You obviously have a hardd onn for him! Get over yourself! Too bad you can't handle other's successes.

In looking back at game stats, I can't find a single score by either Von Miller, Dumervil, Bailey, or Dawkins. Nor do I recall any drives being led by any of your Golden Four. Funny, but I kind of thought you needed an offense and a defense to play football. Now, in looking at your post, I kind of wondering just what I've been missing all these years.

Hate on!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

I think the easiest way to defend tebow is not to blitz him at all.

Sit back and play a shallow zone, Keep the middle sealed up with Wilfork, Have edleman playing a shadow for Tebow(Julian has shown hes not afraid to get in there and hit someone, unlike those Jet DBs)

Have carter and anderson seal off the sides, and then make tebow throw the ball.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve : it's more that they think he's the only reason Denver is winning he isn't.  far cry. also, i have a personal bias against the cl*st*rf*ck offense & he's a 45% passer (worst than Dirty Sanchez), except he misses by so much that he doesn't throw interceptions (as in, he's so bad he doesn't throw interceptions) he's why i don't watch college.  that sh*t doesn't belong in the pros

Sorry to hear that most NFL QB's can't stand up to your standards. Funny, but I believe the Broke Backs are NOT expecting him to pass for 350 YPR, or toss 3 's per game. I find it interesting that his QB abilities appear to be somewhat limited, but the other teams just can't seem to stop him when it matters recently. Move the ball, control the clock, and NO turnovers. Perhaps you'd feel a lot better if teh Brok Backs had, say, three time Pro Bowl Rivers as their Q. You know, that Rivers with more INT's than TD's? But then again, he's MUCH better than Tebow because he's a better passer, right?
    Don't care if you don't wacth college football. And, I'll remember this comment come draft time if/when you should interject your opinions re: Patriot drafting strategy and prospects. Remembering how you don't watch college football, it'll be a clear case of you (again) talking about something you have no knowledge about.

Hate On!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

HELLOO!!!!! So would a guy named Brady.

Sections
Shortcuts