Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve

In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve:
    In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve : i take nothing away from tebow either, but let's not get carried away with him.  he's a 45% passer on a 6-5 team.  the only competent team he's beaten is the Raiders (and that might be pushing the limits of "competent" given their recent history and their 38-13 thrashing at the hands of the Patriots). yes, he's 5-1.  i respect that.  and if Champ Bailey says he's a leader, he's a leader.  But he's beating the Chiefs and Chargers of the world, coached by knuckleheads like Todd Haley and Norv Turner.  He's also passing 45% and I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the cl*st*rf*ck offense.  It doesn't belong in the pros, and I hope the gimmicks run out eventually. I think he does have the will to improve, but if he doesn't have the physical ability, he'll be out of the league in three years.  he needs to throw at least 60% to win playoff games.  the Ravens and the Steelers will destroy him otherwise (like the Lions did and I think the Pats will, too) he is not HIM and I hate hearing people who make him out to be anything more than a feel good story.  I could care less about his religion - I'm also a confirmed Catholic, and my parents run a food pantry in California... big f***ing deal.  Learn to play the QB position. And share the credit with the boys on defense.  Dumervil's 5.5 sacks in the past 4 games and Miller's 10.5 on the season might be a bigger factor in their wins.  Just sayin'
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

"I believe that Tebow is and average QB looking to become better, no more no less."

From my first post on this, not getting carried away.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'm just going to do this:

I'm bookmarking this discussion board.  Whether I'm right about Tebow needing to learn to pass or wrong, I'll resuscitate this at the end of the year and possibly some time next year

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

True they are making the stops. But in the end Tebow makes the game winning plays or is part  of what the makes the game winning plays. he has to get the ball in FG range, and pray that the kicker can win the game.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Tebow is a great human and truly someone that I would be proud to judge the human race by but, he just isn't a NFL QB. He's a gimmick QB right now who's winning because of pure leadership, not because of talent. I've seen backup QB's who have better QB senses then he does.

At the end of the day the gimmick will wear off and teams will compensate for him. When Den starts losing games, his leadership will be tested and typically the rally mentality will only carry you so far. See Buf at the beginning of the year or a whole host of teams in the past. They all eventually start to fail no matter the strength of the leadership if the ability just isn't there. Lets face it the O's Tebow has faced have been weak at best minus the Lions. If Tebow has to face teams that consistently score in the mid to high 20's then I don't think Den can win

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve:
    In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve : i take nothing away from tebow either, but let's not get carried away with him.  he's a 45% passer on a 6-5 team.  the only competent team he's beaten is the Raiders (and that might be pushing the limits of "competent" given their recent history and their 38-13 thrashing at the hands of the Patriots). yes, he's 5-1.  i respect that.  and if Champ Bailey says he's a leader, he's a leader.  ...

i take nothing away from tebow either
    yes, you did. you're just being two faced about this. you took a shot at him just by your title, which is really saying tebow does not deserve any credit.

but let's not get carried away with him.
    everyone knew he's a bad passer. what makes him popular is that he is achieving against the odds. experts insisted he's so bad denver would not win with him at qb. this team was a joke last year and by the looks of what their season looked like with orton at the helm, it looked like that was going to continue. then came tebow. six games later, denver is being mentioned in the playoff discussion. like it or not, tebow brought the best out of that d, who wmight not have discovered what theya re capable of if he did not start.

will they win in the playoffs? who knows? probably not. if they do, the great.

the only competent team he's beaten is the Raiders (and that might be pushing the limits of "competent" given their recent history and their 38-13 thrashing at the hands of the Patriots).
    so what? pats will get to the playoffs because of the soft schedule going forward. we don't know if they would be a sure shot if the pats would ahve had to play decent qbs. perhaps the jets would catch them. who cares? the pats will win the div. i am glad...soft schedule or not.

yes, he's 5-1.  i respect that.
    no you don't. look at your next statement. you would not even recgnize the leadership he brings.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I'm just going to do this: I'm bookmarking this discussion board.  Whether I'm right about Tebow needing to learn to pass or wrong, I'll resuscitate this at the end of the year and possibly some time next year

this is exactly your problem. you are more concerned about being proven right. why? because you can't stand a player challenging whatever football knowledge you have shown here on these boards?

also you are misinterpreting people's celebration of the success of a huge underdog who has displayed a big heart, for people's belief that he can be a long term success without learning a fundamental skill such as passing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I just hate the cl*st*rf*ck offense.  I still don't think it belongs in the NFL.  If I want to watch Neanderthals run simpleton offense, I'd watch high school or college ball.

The reason I watch the NFL is because there's so much more going on with each play.  It's got nothing to do with religion or football knowledge or whatever.  I just personally hate it.

And does anyone here really think I'm out of line for pointing out how Tebow is getting ALL of the credit for doing maybe 50% of the job winning games?  Is this an incredulous statement that Tebow is the ONLY thing that changed?  Or did Dumervil step up his game?  Has Von Miller not played like a first-team All-Pro?  Has Champ Bailey not shut down top receivers like Vincent Jackson?  Come on!  Instead you make it out to be a personal attack.  G*T*F*O

Sections
Shortcuts