Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve

The same defense only won one game with a far more experienced QB at the helm, give them their due, but Tebow deserves credit as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve : i take nothing away from tebow either, but let's not get carried away with him.  he's a 45% passer on a 6-5 team.  the only competent team he's beaten is the Raiders (and that might be pushing the limits of "competent" given their recent history and their 38-13 thrashing at the hands of the Patriots). yes, he's 5-1.  i respect that.  and if Champ Bailey says he's a leader, he's a leader.  But he's beating the Chiefs and Chargers of the world, coached by knuckleheads like Todd Haley and Norv Turner.  He's also passing 45% and I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the cl*st*rf*ck offense.  It doesn't belong in the pros, and I hope the gimmicks run out eventually. I think he does have the will to improve, but if he doesn't have the physical ability, he'll be out of the league in three years.  he needs to throw at least 60% to win playoff games.  the Ravens and the Steelers will destroy him otherwise (like the Lions did and I think the Pats will, too) he is not HIM and I hate hearing people who make him out to be anything more than a feel good story.  I could care less about his religion - I'm also a confirmed Catholic, and my parents run a food pantry in California... big f***ing deal.  Learn to play the QB position. And share the credit with the boys on defense.  Dumervil's 5.5 sacks in the past 4 games and Miller's 10.5 on the season might be a bigger factor in their wins.  Just sayin'
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Did you used to write for the Gong Show? This is funny stuff!!!!

What part of "they can only play the teams they have scheduled for them by the NFL" do you miss? This includes those Super Bowl predicted Bolts (best talent in the AFC), and the defending AFC West champions (before they took all those serious year ending injuries to starters). Let's not forget about thos stinkin' Raid-uhs, the ones that went 6-0 in division last year. Four of their 6 wins have been against the Bolts, Chiefs, JESTS!, and Bengals. Do you need a refresher on how the JESTS! and Bengals are doing this year? Can you say "playoff hunt"?

The Broke Backs were DFL in the AFC West last year, and pretty much predicted to be there again when this season ended. SURPRISE! They are not, and still have a shot (outside one as it may be, and they need some help) to potentially win the division. Recall how the JESTS! were left for dead after a Monday Night encounter with the Patriots, yet still made the playoffs? Or how the Pats can go 11-5 and miss the playoffs? It's the NFL! ANYTHING can happen (more so than in Little League baseball).

As for his faith..... it's invisible, and intangible. But, guess what? It works for him. I'm fine with that. Character counts in life, and I wouldn't mind having a team full of Tebows, as long as they play hard and win.

Hate On!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve : *cough* RUSS *cough* I've been pointing out since 2008 that the Wests were the weakest sorriest excuses for divisions in the NFL Did you know that, aside from the 49ers, the Seahawks' win over the Giants is the only win in the division that wasn't against each other? This was the case in 2008, when the Patriots missed the playoffs after sweeping the NFC West and beating eventual-division-winner Arizona 45-7 or something like that

What a piece of work!!!

Is this where your "research" ends? Perhaps you want to delve back into your history books and explain the Pat's 5 losses included 4 to eventual playoff teams, rather decisevely too. Then there was the loss to the Fins. Couldn't beat a playoff bound team, so they deserved to stay home after the regular season.

Funny how that works out, right?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Funny wasn't this the same defense that was 1-4????  This is a TEAM sport and Tebow as well as the defense deserve credit.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve : i take nothing away from tebow either, but let's not get carried away with him.  he's a 45% passer on a 6-5 team.  the only competent team he's beaten is the Raiders (and that might be pushing the limits of "competent" given their recent history and their 38-13 thrashing at the hands of the Patriots). yes, he's 5-1.  i respect that.  and if Champ Bailey says he's a leader, he's a leader.  But he's beating the Chiefs and Chargers of the world, coached by knuckleheads like Todd Haley and Norv Turner.  He's also passing 45% and I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the cl*st*rf*ck offense.  It doesn't belong in the pros, and I hope the gimmicks run out eventually. I think he does have the will to improve, but if he doesn't have the physical ability, he'll be out of the league in three years.  he needs to throw at least 60% to win playoff games.  the Ravens and the Steelers will destroy him otherwise (like the Lions did and I think the Pats will, too) he is not HIM and I hate hearing people who make him out to be anything more than a feel good story.  I could care less about his religion - I'm also a confirmed Catholic, and my parents run a food pantry in California... big f***ing deal.  Learn to play the QB position. And share the credit with the boys on defense.  Dumervil's 5.5 sacks in the past 4 games and Miller's 10.5 on the season might be a bigger factor in their wins.  Just sayin'

"I believe that Tebow is and average QB looking to become better, no more no less."

From my first post on this, not getting carried away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'm just going to do this:

I'm bookmarking this discussion board.  Whether I'm right about Tebow needing to learn to pass or wrong, I'll resuscitate this at the end of the year and possibly some time next year

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

True they are making the stops. But in the end Tebow makes the game winning plays or is part  of what the makes the game winning plays. he has to get the ball in FG range, and pray that the kicker can win the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve:
    [QUOTE]So by your premise, Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Champ Bailey and the rest of the team was dogging it before Tebow showed up? If they are reason for the 5 wins they have to be the reason for all the losses. I believe that Tebow is and average QB looking to become better, no more no less. What he has brought to the team is a spark of leadership. I watched the game yesterday and what I saw was a team that never gave up. They should have been out of it with seconds to go in regulation but the D stuck and forced SD to a longer field goal than they could make. In OT the entire team fought for every inch, Tebow included, had he not made the run to gain a 1st down with his feet, or made the pass to set up the field goal, they would not have won. I agree this was a team win, where I disagree is where the leadership credit belongs. Same team before Tebow would have and did fold at the end of tough games. I see a team now that believes if they (The Team, not one man) hang around long enough they can get a win. I believe Tebow has been that spark for the entire team to live up to their talent. Give the kid the credit, they are a better team with him as QB regardless of what anyone thinks of his skills By the way, Rivers is one of the best, that team fell apart and gave up
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Dumervil was working back from an injury. That defense was dominant, and the offense was humming when he was at his peak a few years back as well. 

And yeah, some of them were dogging it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]I'm just going to do this: I'm bookmarking this discussion board.  Whether I'm right about Tebow needing to learn to pass or wrong, I'll resuscitate this at the end of the year and possibly some time next year

So, what's your point? That Tebow is NO Brady, Manning (pick either one), Brees, or Rodgers? No arguement here from anyone, including. But, using your own measuring stick, NONE of those guys are a Tebow either. One of them takes a good hit like Tebow did Sunday, and it's all over. Or, the yellow hankies will fall, as those guys ar the protected species of the NFL.  

So, you go ahead and book mark this page. If the Broke Backs make the playoffs, I'm sure you'll be on here claiming it was the "D" that did it. THEY did all the ball moving, THEY did all the scoring; THEY did all the FG kicking. Tebow and the offense was just along for the ride.

(BTW, you do realize that with a REAL QB and pretty much the same defense, the Broke Backs were 4-12 last season. You also probably know through your stellar research, that ebow won one of those games, leading two 4th qtr drives. I guess that's much better than 6-5 with Tebow at the helm. After all, yiu NEED a REAL QB, right? There's no place in this league for a QB to be 7-2 over his last 9 games, right?)

Hate On! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Tebow is a great human and truly someone that I would be proud to judge the human race by but, he just isn't a NFL QB. He's a gimmick QB right now who's winning because of pure leadership, not because of talent. I've seen backup QB's who have better QB senses then he does.

At the end of the day the gimmick will wear off and teams will compensate for him. When Den starts losing games, his leadership will be tested and typically the rally mentality will only carry you so far. See Buf at the beginning of the year or a whole host of teams in the past. They all eventually start to fail no matter the strength of the leadership if the ability just isn't there. Lets face it the O's Tebow has faced have been weak at best minus the Lions. If Tebow has to face teams that consistently score in the mid to high 20's then I don't think Den can win

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Tebow is a great human and truly someone that I would be proud to judge the human race by but, he just isn't a NFL QB. He's a gimmick QB right now who's winning because of pure leadership, not because of talent. I've seen backup QB's who have better QB senses then he does. At the end of the day the gimmick will wear off and teams will compensate for him. When Den starts losing games, his leadership will be tested and typically the rally mentality will only carry you so far. See Buf at the beginning of the year or a whole host of teams in the past. They all eventually start to fail no matter the strength of the leadership if the ability just isn't there. Lets face it the O's Tebow has faced have been weak at best minus the Lions. If Tebow has to face teams that consistently score in the mid to high 20's then I don't think Den can win
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

So, are you saying that the Broke Back defense, including Msgrs Von Miller and Dumervil is (gulp!) OVERRATED? After all, they have yet to play an "O" since the Lions that can score in the mid-high 20's.

OK, time to declare. Who would you rather have: Tebow winning 5 of 6, however he plays, or Jamarcus Russell, a former #1 overall pick and no longer in the NFL? After all, he had the arm and the skill sets to make the NFL...... just asking. 

Uh, also, leadership IS a talent. It means that you can give the best you have AND get the best out of your teammates. I'm loving every Monday morning when all the national media hores and self professed "experts" get air time to look baffled and stupid as trying to explain that they have no idea how Tebow does it. May I suggest you go ask some real Broke Back fans their opinion, to see what THEY have to say about him? They see the obvious 5-1 record as a starter, and still in the playoff hunt. I kind of believe that their opinion as paying fans is more valid than anything a Patriot fan can offer. NAW!!!! We have a future HOF QB pitching for us, and have the right to look down our noses at all other QB's, conventional or otherwise. Right? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop giving Tebow the credit that Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil deserve : i take nothing away from tebow either, but let's not get carried away with him.  he's a 45% passer on a 6-5 team.  the only competent team he's beaten is the Raiders (and that might be pushing the limits of "competent" given their recent history and their 38-13 thrashing at the hands of the Patriots). yes, he's 5-1.  i respect that.  and if Champ Bailey says he's a leader, he's a leader.  ...

i take nothing away from tebow either
    yes, you did. you're just being two faced about this. you took a shot at him just by your title, which is really saying tebow does not deserve any credit.

but let's not get carried away with him.
    everyone knew he's a bad passer. what makes him popular is that he is achieving against the odds. experts insisted he's so bad denver would not win with him at qb. this team was a joke last year and by the looks of what their season looked like with orton at the helm, it looked like that was going to continue. then came tebow. six games later, denver is being mentioned in the playoff discussion. like it or not, tebow brought the best out of that d, who wmight not have discovered what theya re capable of if he did not start.

will they win in the playoffs? who knows? probably not. if they do, the great.

the only competent team he's beaten is the Raiders (and that might be pushing the limits of "competent" given their recent history and their 38-13 thrashing at the hands of the Patriots).
    so what? pats will get to the playoffs because of the soft schedule going forward. we don't know if they would be a sure shot if the pats would ahve had to play decent qbs. perhaps the jets would catch them. who cares? the pats will win the div. i am glad...soft schedule or not.

yes, he's 5-1.  i respect that.
    no you don't. look at your next statement. you would not even recgnize the leadership he brings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]I'm just going to do this: I'm bookmarking this discussion board.  Whether I'm right about Tebow needing to learn to pass or wrong, I'll resuscitate this at the end of the year and possibly some time next year

this is exactly your problem. you are more concerned about being proven right. why? because you can't stand a player challenging whatever football knowledge you have shown here on these boards?

also you are misinterpreting people's celebration of the success of a huge underdog who has displayed a big heart, for people's belief that he can be a long term success without learning a fundamental skill such as passing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I just hate the cl*st*rf*ck offense.  I still don't think it belongs in the NFL.  If I want to watch Neanderthals run simpleton offense, I'd watch high school or college ball.

The reason I watch the NFL is because there's so much more going on with each play.  It's got nothing to do with religion or football knowledge or whatever.  I just personally hate it.

And does anyone here really think I'm out of line for pointing out how Tebow is getting ALL of the credit for doing maybe 50% of the job winning games?  Is this an incredulous statement that Tebow is the ONLY thing that changed?  Or did Dumervil step up his game?  Has Von Miller not played like a first-team All-Pro?  Has Champ Bailey not shut down top receivers like Vincent Jackson?  Come on!  Instead you make it out to be a personal attack.  G*T*F*O

Sections
Shortcuts