Stop going to the prevent!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Stop going to the prevent!!!

i cant stand this every time we get a good lead we lossen up the defense and we let teams back in the game and i cant relax

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

Re: Stop going to the prevent!!!

exactly

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsMonkTime. Show ItsMonkTime's posts

Good Lord! I can't believe this post. Where have you been the last 10 years? It's the way BB works and it does work. My wife and I have dubbed it the "anaconda defense." You think you can break free when the anaconda moves around a bit, but in the end, it smothers you. I'm so used to it I don't even think about it anymore. Jeesh.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

In Response to Re: Stop going to the prevent!!!:
    [QUOTE]Good Lord! I can't believe this post. Where have you been the last 10 years? It's the way BB works and it does work. My wife and I have dubbed it the "anaconda defense." You think you can break free when the anaconda moves around a bit, but in the end, it smothers you. I'm so used to it I don't even think about it anymore. Jeesh.
    Posted by ItsMonkTime[/QUOTE]

i know its what he does and he wins with it... but that doesnt mean i have to like it lol.. i just want to be able to relax with a beer when he was a 3 td lead going into the 4th

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Like Zolak said after the game, you wish the prevent would eat a little more time off the clock. teams start scoring on us fairly quick in "prevent". It's supposed to work the clock, but when the Pats get in it, the game can turn into a real nail biter, when it really shouldn't be.
    If the Pats didn't get a pick 6 AND keep scoring, that game COULD have got away from them. That didn't happen but it started to get closer than it had to be. Pitt scored in around 1min 46 seconds at one point on only about 4 or 5 plays. There were 6:45 seconds or so left and our lead was disappearing. Plus we gave up the 2 pt conversion.
    Thankfully this week the team kept scoring. I guess I'll never understand why they don't continue to play tough and dominate if they have been able to do that the entire game. WHY give up a bunch of points late when they held them down the whole game
    Yeah it worked, but it gets unecessarily stressful. I thought the pic 6 put the nail in the coffin, but we ended up really needing that instead of just having insurance points

GREAT GAME THOUGH, AND THE ROOKIES ALL GREW UP A LITTLE TONIGHT. THEY'LL ALL BE A LITTLE BETTER FOREVER BECAUSE OF THIS GAME.
    Must be fun to have Brady as a leader

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"i just want to be able to relax with a beer when he was a 3 td lead going into the 4th"

Funny, I just want to relax with the best record in the AFC. Yes, our prevent D can use some tightening up. But we just won a huge game and the D played great. Go drink your beer!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

In Response to Re: Stop going to the prevent!!!:
    [QUOTE]" i just want to be able to relax with a beer when he was a 3 td lead going into the 4th" Funny, I just want to relax with the best record in the AFC. Yes, our prevent D can use some tightening up. But we just won a huge game and the D played great. Go drink your beer!
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

haha well i did enjoy my beer. i was just making a joke on how they have to make a game that should be over a nail biter. anyway i still dont understand why they allow the other team to score like they do. the same thing happened in the Cin game. the D is playing really well then we switch to the prevent and we turn into the bills. i also dont get why they dont just keep the pressure on?

we came very close to lossing the SD game because of the prevent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Agree that watching the other team move the ball when the Pats have been tough for most of the game does seem a bit frustrating.  I think, however, that as this unit gains more experience in BB's D scheme you won't see the big chunks of yards given up that we do now.

Sections
Shortcuts