Stop Posting Thread that the Pats will Trade UP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

Stop Posting Thread that the Pats will Trade UP

If BB wanted a high 1st round pick this year he wouldn't INSISTED on getting Oaky 1st round in 2011.  If the pats traded their 22 or 44 and Oaky 1st rounder in 11 to get into top 10 if the #s make sense to lazy to figure that out, then we would essentially be burning our pick this year we packaged to move up because we could have already had Oakys first rd this year which is pretty high. 

The pats don't want to pay a rookie big bucks, that's why they wanted Oakys 11 pick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Re: Stop Posting Thread that the Pats will Trade UP

not exactly, Oakland offered a 2nd this year or a 1st next year for Seymour

but i agree that they would prefer a rookie scale, and as usual, the likelihood of them trading up in the 1st round is almost nonexistent 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

And to support Gulo's comment, there is no guarantee that in '11 the will be a modified rookie scale.

But I agree RealtyPats, I dont see the Pats moving up in the 1st half in this draft. They may content letting the board play itself out and see what falls to them. Every year some falls lower than expected.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They aren't trading up in the first round. They more than likely trade out of the first round.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

More than any other team, the Patriots trade down to solve some out-of-division team's problem, at a price of course.  BB has never, ever traded up very far, and at that, he trades up just a little, to jump ahead of a rival.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Stop Posting Thread that the Pats will Trade UP: BB traded Oher to Baltimore, then Matthews to Green Bay. Why drafted future Pro Bowlwers and maybe HOF guys when you can save money and get Brace and a long snapper, too? Of course he won't trade up. Only the idiot Jets give up valuable later picks so they can draft Revis, Harris, Keller, Sanchez, and Greene. Why would the Patriots want to ever trade up to get an impact player on draft day? They haven't in five years, so why start now. The last trade up BB made was to get Jackson from Florida. So let the oujia board play out again. Now that we are nestled nicely into the third spot in the division, maybe we can sit around and let Buffalo move ahead of us, also. Truth is, BB's best deals are when he trades draft picks for players, and his best draft picks are often luck-out late rounders. Then we all praise his brilliance for waiting 199 picks to take Brady or seemingly getting lucky with Edelman last year. When will this end? Just as the pope is having his troubles now, the days when the NFL kisses the BB ring are long gone. We need new blood.
    If BB wanted a high 1st round pick this year he wouldn't INSISTED on getting Oaky 1st round in 2011.  If the pats traded their 22 or 44 and Oaky 1st rounder in 11 to get into top 10 if the #s make sense to lazy to figure that out, then we would essentially be burning our pick this year we packaged to move up because we could have already had Oakys first rd this year which is pretty high.  The pats don't want to pay a rookie big bucks, that's why they wanted Oakys 11 pick.
    Posted by RealtyPats

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Stop Posting Thread that the Pats will Trade UP:
    [QUOTE]  If the pats traded their 22 or 44 and Oaky 1st rounder in 11 to get into top 10Posted by RealtyPats[/QUOTE]

Surprised what, he wouldn't trade three picks to move up? thats effing crazy.

he might dangle oaklands 2011 #1 and a later round which i wouldn't mind, but not this years #22 and #44

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

This is a post I can finally agree with!!!

Anyone saying we should trade up is ludacris and don't have a clue at the possible high end players we can get in next years draft at a minimal cost.  In fact, I'd be willing to trade down with our first pick then trade one of our second years THIS year to a crappy team hoping to land ANOTHER high pick next year. 

You can't miss trading into the future!

Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

They could trade their 22 for Tenessee's 16, only cost 150 points on the trade value chart. How would derrick Morgan look in Pats' uniform?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Stop Posting Thread that the Pats will Trade UP:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Stop Posting Thread that the Pats will Trade UP :  what, he wouldn't trade three picks to move up? thats effing crazy. he might dangle oaklands 2011 #1 and a later round which i wouldn't mind, but not this years #22 and #44
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

That's what I say..There's no way they are going to use every draft pick that we have in the bank this year. It's just a matter of how high he wants to go or how many picks he wants to stock for next year.If we stand pat with our picks that will be the first time since he's been here. I also think he probably has a veteran or 2 that are currently on rosters that he is interested in. BB seems to love that angle too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I think and hope he will use the first 4 picks we have.  We have allot of holes that can be filled or spots that can easily be upgraded.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

In Response to Re: Stop Posting Thread that the Pats will Trade UP:
    [QUOTE]They could trade their 22 for Tenessee's 16, only cost 150 points on the trade value chart. How would derrick Morgan look in Pats' uniform?
    Posted by teegee[/QUOTE]

Tenessee has same needs we have, They wont trade with us in 1st round.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I thought having twelve picks last year was outrageous, where's he going to put them.  However, at this point every single one of those twelve picks is returning to 2010 training camp at the end of July.