2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Stop Whining

>Go to fullsize image

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Go to fullsize image

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

yeah...until Sunday. Then, according to this board, we're screwed....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Agreed 100%.

We signed Marcus Stroud, and other FA's may be on the way. We added some great depth at the RB position and our offensive line is set for the next decade at LT. We also got Brady's replacement. If we add some depth to WR, O-Line and the defensive front-7 tomorrow we will be sitting pretty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Ok how the f*ck do you post a picture.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trident13. Show trident13's posts

In Response to Re: Stop Whining:
    [QUOTE]Ok how the f*ck do you post a picture.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

LMAO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop Whining : LMAO
    Posted by trident13[/QUOTE]

Lol I have a good one to post to this thread but I don't know how to dammit..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Amen

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

This draft made a 14-2 team even better.

In free agency, we could use some OG/WR/OLB help.

This is a solid team for next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I'll respond on here, b/c at least I know tcal isn't one of the trolls posing as NE Fans...  

This was/is a bad draft...  It has been, it really is.  It's about on par with the '08 Draft.  Ya know I just tell it like it is.  The day after last year's Draft?  I was called a "Pats Homer" because I started a thread outlining NE's prospects from that class, and entitled it something like: "NE's 2010 Draft Class...The best Pats Draft in 15 years."  

Solders a work in progress with fantastic upside...  Yet he doesn't have the requisite strength & power yet, in order to be a RT.  Also, he got simply schooled during The Senior Bowl practices & game.  So then, do you put this rookie at LT protecting Brady's blindside?  Either way, no matter HOW quickly he progresses, @ Selection #17, and with Tyron Smith JUST off the big board, BB could have traded back, anywhere from 3-6 or 7 spots, and still targeted one of the 3-4 (Carimi, Castonzo, Solder, Sherrod) OTs that would have been still available...  Carimi was a better and a more finished product...  Tough to target "great but uncertain 'potential'" at #17 in Rd 1.

Dowling's good...  Good fit, good skills and a press CB that can lay the wood.  Several injuries are always scarey.  I mean, the guy pulled a hamstring running the 40 yard dash for scouts.  A very good CB, IF he stays healthy...  Reminds me of Leigh Bodden skill-wise...  Still, BB coulda targeted him half a Rd later, easy.  

Vereen's a projected 4th rder, that BB took in the 2nd rd...THIS, to me at least, Is NEVER acceptable.  He's deceptively strong, takes VERY deliberate and decesive cuts...  A very good MUST have in a zone-blocking O-Line.  He has extremely soft hands.  Smart player...and Cal develops some excellent pro backs.  Still, does NOT have run-away speed to take it home.  Just average, or just above in tackle breaking.  Still, NE desperately imo NEEDED an RB...and there were so many small RBs in this particular class, and the big-ones who WERE a good fit to couple with NE's smaller, more agile, O-Line, weren't anything spectacular.  Either way though, He's most probably NOT a 3 down RB.  He looks and plays like a better version of BJGE/Woodhead combo...and as a multi-rd "Reach"?  Not good enough draft call...

Then what?  A 2nd RB.  This one, IS an RB more befitting NE's offensive scheme...  Yet, he's very unproven.  Don't get me wrong, watching the filmwork, He looks decent...  BUT, 1 more MULTI-RD REACH=No excuse when he can be targeted later...

Ryan Mallet=SUPERB Draft Day Value...  Yet, awful, simply awful positional target when taken in conjunction with BB pulling the trigger on a 2nd RB just before Mallet.  

~Honestly, I TRULLY believe, that IF you were perhaps BB's best friend, and maybe IF you tortured him, and gave him truth serum, and maybe tortured him some more, and then probably signed a secrecy contract before torturing BB 1 last time...He'd admit that he sorta gambled just a bit too much in this draft, and that the chips did not fall as he best hoped they would.  Just my take...  Still LOVE my team...still HATE Patriot-Poser-Fans...Still KNOW there's Free Agency...And still KNOW we WILL be dominant yet again.  

But this was and has been, a very sub-par draft.    

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaytonaPatriot11. Show DaytonaPatriot11's posts

In earlier post this afternoon I said the shocker today was that BB was going to pick Mallet I posted it twice just had the feeling after reading Bradys BIO before his draft there were a lot of similarities between the 2 just thought of something else is Kraft and BB mad at Light and Brady for their comments during lockout thus the Solder mallet picks maybe BB will Trade Brady for a 2015 6th and 7th rd picks LOL just kidding 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In earlier post this afternoon I said the shocker today was that BB was going to pick Mallet I posted it twice just had the feeling after reading Bradys BIO before his draft there were a lot of similarities between the 2 just thought of something else is Kraft and BB mad at Light and Brady for their comments during lockout thus the Solder mallet picks maybe BB will Trade Brady for a 2015 6th and 7th rd picks LOL just kidding 
    Posted by DaytonaPatriot11[/QUOTE]

Laugh all you want but somehow your last sentence about bb and kraft being mad tb and light kinda fits with what happened today. It's so crazy, it makes sense that a a crazy story like that is the reason. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Laz, you can't call a draft poor until you see how the players perform. How are you judging these players? Are you saying Vereen, Solder, and the CB are just crap because they're not a DE or OLB?

I think BB actions show that he has some confidence in Brace, Warren, Deadrick at DE and Nin, Cunningham, and even TBC at OLB. I know people want the new sexy pick to save the day, but I think Bill judged the players in the draft to be less effective than the people already on the roster. People don't want to hear that.

[QUOTE]I'll respond on here, b/c at least I know tcal isn't one of the trolls posing as NE Fans...   This was/is a bad draft...  It has been, it really is.  It's about on par with the '08 Draft.  Ya know I just tell it like it is.  The day after last year's Draft?  I was called a "Pats Homer" because I started a thread outlining NE's prospects from that class, and entitled it something like: "NE's 2010 Draft Class...The best Pats Draft in 15 years."   Solders a work in progress with fantastic upside...  Yet he doesn't have the requisite strength & power yet, in order to be a RT.  Also, he got simply schooled during The Senior Bowl practices & game.  So then, do you put this rookie at LT protecting Brady's blindside?  Either way, no matter HOW quickly he progresses, @ Selection #17, and with Tyron Smith JUST off the big board, BB could have traded back, anywhere from 3-6 or 7 spots, and still targeted one of the 3-4 (Carimi, Castonzo, Solder, Sherrod) OTs that would have been still available...  Carimi was a better and a more finished product...  Tough to target "great but uncertain 'potential'" at #17 in Rd 1. Dowling's good...  Good fit, good skills and a press CB that can lay the wood.  Several injuries are always scarey.  I mean, the guy pulled a hamstring running the 40 yard dash for scouts.  A very good CB, IF he stays healthy...  Reminds me of Leigh Bodden skill-wise...  Still, BB coulda targeted him half a Rd later, easy.   Vereen's a projected 4th rder, that BB took in the 2nd rd...THIS, to me at least, Is NEVER acceptable.  He's deceptively strong, takes VERY deliberate and decesive cuts...  A very good MUST have in a zone-blocking O-Line.  He has extremely soft hands.  Smart player...and Cal develops some excellent pro backs.  Still, does NOT have run-away speed to take it home.  Just average, or just above in tackle breaking.  Still, NE desperately imo NEEDED an RB...and there were so many small RBs in this particular class, and the big-ones who WERE a good fit to couple with NE's smaller, more agile, O-Line, weren't anything spectacular.  Either way though, He's most probably NOT a 3 down RB.  He looks and plays like a better version of BJGE/Woodhead combo...and as a multi-rd "Reach"?  Not good enough draft call... Then what?  A 2nd RB.  This one, IS an RB more befitting NE's offensive scheme...  Yet, he's very unproven.  Don't get me wrong, watching the filmwork, He looks decent...  BUT, 1 more MULTI-RD REACH=No excuse when he can be targeted later... Ryan Mallet=SUPERB Draft Day Value...  Yet, awful, simply awful positional target when taken in conjunction with BB pulling the trigger on a 2nd RB just before Mallet.   ~Honestly, I TRULLY believe, that IF you were perhaps BB's best friend, and maybe IF you tortured him, and gave him truth serum, and maybe tortured him some more, and then probably signed a secrecy contract before torturing BB 1 last time...He'd admit that he sorta gambled just a bit too much in this draft, and that the chips did not fall as he best hoped they would.  Just my take...  Still LOVE my team...still HATE Patriot-Poser-Fans...Still KNOW there's Free Agency...And still KNOW we WILL be dominant yet again.   But this was and has been, a very sub-par draft.    
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaytonaPatriot11. Show DaytonaPatriot11's posts

to laz got to agree I have been EXTREMEY fustrated this draft day I think BB Wanted Camron Jordan and should have traded up for him and I think he had a brain f@rt that lasted 2 days I can see the Solder pick he was a BB guy all the way read his BIO also last year if you look at the so called draft day experts mcourty was projected 2nd or 3rd round yet after the draft BB said it was his interview with mcourty when BB got  hard on  him I think he got that same hard @n for dowling read his Bio at sporting news top 500 picks I swear I almost got a hard @n for him LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaytonaPatriot11. Show DaytonaPatriot11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop Whining : Laugh all you want but somehow your last sentence about bb and kraft being mad tb and light kinda fits with what happened today. It's so crazy, it makes sense that a a crazy story like that is the reason. 
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

I was part serious just didnt want die hards gettin cranky for sayin so

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]I'll respond on here, b/c at least I know tcal isn't one of the trolls posing as NE Fans...   This was/is a bad draft...  It has been, it really is.  It's about on par with the '08 Draft.  Ya know I just tell it like it is.  The day after last year's Draft?  I was called a "Pats Homer" because I started a thread outlining NE's prospects from that class, and entitled it something like: "NE's 2010 Draft Class...The best Pats Draft in 15 years."   Solders a work in progress with fantastic upside...  Yet he doesn't have the requisite strength & power yet, in order to be a RT.  Also, he got simply schooled during The Senior Bowl practices & game.  So then, do you put this rookie at LT protecting Brady's blindside?  Either way, no matter HOW quickly he progresses, @ Selection #17, and with Tyron Smith JUST off the big board, BB could have traded back, anywhere from 3-6 or 7 spots, and still targeted one of the 3-4 (Carimi, Castonzo, Solder, Sherrod) OTs that would have been still available...  Carimi was a better and a more finished product...  Tough to target "great but uncertain 'potential'" at #17 in Rd 1. Dowling's good...  Good fit, good skills and a press CB that can lay the wood.  Several injuries are always scarey.  I mean, the guy pulled a hamstring running the 40 yard dash for scouts.  A very good CB, IF he stays healthy...  Reminds me of Leigh Bodden skill-wise...  Still, BB coulda targeted him half a Rd later, easy.   Vereen's a projected 4th rder, that BB took in the 2nd rd...THIS, to me at least, Is NEVER acceptable.  He's deceptively strong, takes VERY deliberate and decesive cuts...  A very good MUST have in a zone-blocking O-Line.  He has extremely soft hands.  Smart player...and Cal develops some excellent pro backs.  Still, does NOT have run-away speed to take it home.  Just average, or just above in tackle breaking.  Still, NE desperately imo NEEDED an RB...and there were so many small RBs in this particular class, and the big-ones who WERE a good fit to couple with NE's smaller, more agile, O-Line, weren't anything spectacular.  Either way though, He's most probably NOT a 3 down RB.  He looks and plays like a better version of BJGE/Woodhead combo...and as a multi-rd "Reach"?  Not good enough draft call... Then what?  A 2nd RB.  This one, IS an RB more befitting NE's offensive scheme...  Yet, he's very unproven.  Don't get me wrong, watching the filmwork, He looks decent...  BUT, 1 more MULTI-RD REACH=No excuse when he can be targeted later... Ryan Mallet=SUPERB Draft Day Value...  Yet, awful, simply awful positional target when taken in conjunction with BB pulling the trigger on a 2nd RB just before Mallet.   ~Honestly, I TRULLY believe, that IF you were perhaps BB's best friend, and maybe IF you tortured him, and gave him truth serum, and maybe tortured him some more, and then probably signed a secrecy contract before torturing BB 1 last time...He'd admit that he sorta gambled just a bit too much in this draft, and that the chips did not fall as he best hoped they would.  Just my take...  Still LOVE my team...still HATE Patriot-Poser-Fans...Still KNOW there's Free Agency...And still KNOW we WILL be dominant yet again.   But this was and has been, a very sub-par draft.    
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you.

The list of players taken looks good when viewed in isolation of where the team is - i.e., inability to pressure the passer (or broaden it to getting in the opposing backfield more often).

But that's the thing...This is the third year that it's been obvious to everyone that NWE needed help in the front 7.

And to some extent, because BB has a brilliant football mind, you give him the benefit of the doubt. But even brilliant people can be wrong. There are times when the herd actually gets it right.

And I wonder what that interview of his about front 7 guys all about. He did not pick one in the first three rounds.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaytonaPatriot11. Show DaytonaPatriot11's posts

[QUOTE]Laz, you can't call a draft poor until you see how the players perform. How are you judging these players? Are you saying Vereen, Solder, and the CB are just crap because they're not a DE or OLB? I think BB actions show that he has some confidence in Brace, Warren, Deadrick at DE and Nin, Cunningham, and even TBC at OLB. I know people want the new sexy pick to save the day, but I think Bill judged the players in the draft to be less effective than the people already on the roster. People don't want to hear that. In Response to Re: Stop Whining :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

rockdog you got it exactly right if you read the BiOs on most of the top rated DE and OLB they all had something missing in there skills either they were stiff in the hips and were not good at dropping back in coverage or a bit small or a bit slow I think BB did not want to pay big bucks for guys who would take a year or 2 of coaching to catch up to the Dane fletchers on the roster and he went for guys he likes or values at other positions even if they were not our biggest needs hes looking for Seymour all over again and thats a rare find read the article a week before the draft BB said the teams that figure out the real impact players for the front seven were going to be the big winners of this draft I think BB just got shut out this year there maybe some coaches not trading with BB if he tried to move up they knew who he was going after at least thats what I believe happen yesterday and today

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

BB does have brainfarts (like anyone else), but if he wanted Jordan he would've found a way to pick him. I think the temple DE and Heyward were better fits for the pats D and BB passed on them. I think that says a lot about how BB feels about these players. Remember how he passed on kindle and odrick last year ('perfect' players for the pats)? How'd that work out? 

[QUOTE]to laz got to agree I have been EXTREMEY fustrated this draft day I think BB Wanted Camron Jordan and should have traded up for him and I think he had a brain f@rt that lasted 2 days I can see the Solder pick he was a BB guy all the way read his BIO also last year if you look at the so called draft day experts mcourty was projected 2nd or 3rd round yet after the draft BB said it was his interview with mcourty when BB got  hard on  him I think he got that same hard @n for dowling read his Bio at sporting news top 500 picks I swear I almost got a hard @n for him LOL

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaytonaPatriot11. Show DaytonaPatriot11's posts

[QUOTE]BB does have brainfarts (like anyone else), but if he wanted Jordan he would've found a way to pick him. I think the temple DE and Heyward were better fits for the pats D and BB passed on them. I think that says a lot about how BB feels about these players. Remember how he passed on kindle and odrick last year ('perfect' players for the pats)? How'd that work out?  In Response to Re: Stop Whining :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

yeah but kinde and odricks were later picks in draft not 2s or 3s those picks were expendable youll see tommorrow hell make some more expendable picks for the defense he just couldnt find what he was looking for early this year orlast couple of years really

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Not true at all. Odrick went late round 1 and Kindle was the 43rd overall pick. Both were linked to NE and everyone and their mother whined about not picking those guys over McCourty. It's the same thing as last year. I'm not saying the results will be the same, but it's stupid to assume you know more than these scouts who make their livelihood on finding McCourty because you've watched a 5 minute youtube clip. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stop Whining : yeah but kinde and odricks were later picks in draft not 2s or 3s those picks were expendable youll see tommorrow hell make some more expendable picks for the defense he just couldnt find what he was looking for early this year orlast couple of years really

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Such a serious thread, and then this... LMFAO, LOL too funny. Usually the insert picture button at the bottom of the reply to post box does the trick...lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrchip1958. Show mrchip1958's posts

If he parleyd all the picks into Ingram and a first round PRer, would we be better off? No. We'd all be happier, if thats even possible

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

This is the time when you get a bunch of posters who allow emotions to affect what they think is or is not a good draft.

BB has PROVEN he is a master at drafting. Some of you actually think that every draftee is suppose to be an impact player. Don't you realize that realistically speaking, there are only about 5 draftees that are impact players within the first 2 years? Geezus, half you expect All-Pro players with every pick.

Do you really think that BB doesn't know that the pass rush needs help? Obviously he and his staff didn't believe that there was anyone that fit into BB's plan. Good DB work will help the pass rush.

Half of you cried and moaned at the the picks last year. And the year before. And the year before that. Some of you will never be happy.

I think BB accomplished some goals in the first 3 rounds and it remains to be seen how good of a draft it is. Give it some time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

See the button at the bottom....Doh!