Stopping Denver's Run Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsareNumberone. Show PatsareNumberone's posts

Re: Stopping Denver's Run Game

In Response to Re: Stopping Denver's Run Game:
    [QUOTE]GAP INTEGRITY GAP INTEGRITY GAP INTEGRITY It was always priority number one when I played against cl*st*rf*ck offenses in high school.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO

Back to High School again Ayyy Nick.
    That always gets it done in the pros.
    How about your family football game on Thanksgiving day. Did any of your Cousins play the 'Mike" Linebacker and shoot the Gaps? Let us know so we can send the info out to Denver.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stopping Denver's Run Game : ROTFLMAO Back to High School again Ayyy Nick. That always gets it done in the pros. How about your family football game on Thanksgiving day. Did any of your Cousins play the 'Mike" Linebacker and shoot the Gaps? Let us know so we can send the info out to Denver.
    Posted by PatsareNumberone[/QUOTE]

That's precisely the point. The Wing-T/Wishbone stuff that Denver is flashing is basically highschool/college offense. 

It only takes High School/college defenses to defend it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

[QUOTE]  4.) Here is the trick too, you need to blitz Tebow Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I like the analysis.  Now we just need to find a blitz between now and Sunday Undecided

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I don't know ZB, it seems like the Denver Offense is like Donald Trump's ego or hairpeice you can never really stop it you can only hope to contain it......and it doesn't look that pretty......

What you and Nick said ZB is why I don't like this offense. It seems to have a collegiate fad quality to it, however, once someone stops it, like the wildcat, it will go the way of the duck-billed platypus or USFL.  And everyone in the league will get the blueprint on how to stop it.

BTW, Cutler and Forte' might have been a different outcome. Still, the real story to me is the Broncos D.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Score 56 points and make them have to pass?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    Agree with this post.   Like in the Lions game, if they Broncos fall behind big, their offense, with Tebow at the helm, is not designed to be a scoring machine to catch up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know ZB, it seems like the Denver Offense is like Donald Trump's ego or hairpeice you can never really stop it you can only hope to contain it......and it doesn't look that pretty...... What you and Nick said ZB is why I don't like this offense. It seems to have a collegiate fad quality to it, however, once someone stops it, like the wildcat, it will go the way of the duck-billed platypus or USFL.  And everyone in the league will get the blueprint on how to stop it. BTW, Cutler and Forte' might have been a different outcome. Still, the real story to me is the Broncos D.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

True, if Denvers D can get to Brady and disrupt his timing AND the Broncos Offense doesn't make any mistakes and take off lots of time off the clock - it will be a low scoring affair; which plays into the Tebow come back mystique.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stopping Denver's Run Game : That's precisely the point. The Wing-T/Wishbone stuff that Denver is flashing is basically highschool/college offense.  It only takes High School/college defenses to defend it. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

I guess we're going to find out if our D can play up to that level or not....lol Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stopping Denver's Run Game : True, if Denvers D can get to Brady and disrupt his timing AND the Broncos Offense doesn't make any mistakes and take off lots of time off the clock - it will be a low scoring affair; which plays into the Tebow come back mystique.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

That's a fact.

The less total drives in a game the more it favors the underdog.

No team that is at a disadvantage wants to give the opponent more chances to score.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stopping Denver's Run Game :  I guess we're going to find out if our D can play up to that level or not....lol
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

LOL. I hope so. 

In the end, it's kind of a curveball.

But I was pretty much correct. According to Reiss the by-word at practice has been "assignments." They also just posted a breakdown, describing how the Chargers basically changed to an "assignment" defense, to slow down the option.

It makes so much sense, because when every play is outside the tackles, gaps matter less. Disrupting the play really means covering your man almost like it's a pass and not a toss-option. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I heard this one sports radio (I am not a big football strategist, more of a drunken observer).  Do you think someone like Edelman Spying the QB would be effective?  Kind of a mini-me version of Troy Polamalu.  Is #11 big enough to tackle Jesus Jr?
    Posted by ddimaria[/QUOTE]

a link w/ simple breakdown of BB's view on spying

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/Patriots_Tebow_Belichick_spy_12-16-11_84S4TMB_v2.222ce63.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Denver to throw a curveball by going no huddle early?

"Part of the reason for Tebow’s late-game success is this: That’s when the Broncos go to more of a no-huddle approach. It’s also when defenses drop into more of a prevent look, opening up lanes for the unconventional quarterback.

A no-huddle scheme right from the start may just be something the Broncos attempt versus a Patriots defense that’s effective at slowing down the run, but struggles against the pass."

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/Patriots_Broncos_Tebow_12-16-11_84S4STP_v2.1ebbf85.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

BB should run the same D he employees when playing Michael Vick.  3-4 man front to stuff the run, put a shadow over Tebow force him to throw.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]BB should run the same D he employees when playing Michael Vick.  3-4 man front to stuff the run, put a shadow over Tebow force him to throw.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Have you seen these DBs play man?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]BB should run the same D he employees when playing Michael Vick.  3-4 man front to stuff the run, put a shadow over Tebow force him to throw.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

yep, so long as he stays in the pocket and gets harrassed just enough to make him get rid of the ball sooner than he wants.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stopping Denver's Run Game : Have you seen these DBs play man?
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

Yes, we have Laughing

I guess it's a matter of the Patriots choosing how they want the game to play out. I'm pretty sure they don't want a low scoring game with fewer possessions and 7 or less point difference going into the 4th quarter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

We can start by not turning the ball over, not missing any chance to put up points and not having our backs kill the clock for Denver by running out of bounds.