Stork

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rajkvp. Show rajkvp's posts

Stork

Hope he is OK.

Potential shift in center competition: This could turn out to be a crucial turning point in the team’s important competition at center, as rookie Bryan Stork (fourth round, Florida State) walked off with a member of the athletic training staff midway through the practice after the team had been working on a run-game drill. Stork did not participate in the rest of practice, leaving the majority of reps to incumbent Ryan Wendell. His status now becomes an important storyline to monitor as it relates to one of the top competitions on the roster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Stork

In response to rajkvp's comment:

Hope he is OK.

Potential shift in center competition: This could turn out to be a crucial turning point in the team’s important competition at center, as rookie Bryan Stork (fourth round, Florida State) walked off with a member of the athletic training staff midway through the practice after the team had been working on a run-game drill. Stork did not participate in the rest of practice, leaving the majority of reps to incumbent Ryan Wendell. His status now becomes an important storyline to monitor as it relates to one of the top competitions on the roster.

Wow lets hope he is ok. Wendell is serviceable but we need better to be more of a running team. The Halapio kid has been struggling so far. I had expectations that both would crack the lineup at some point this year. Connolly will be more valuable now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I hope the kid is okay but if need be move Connelly to center and Cannon to RG. Connelly's best year in my opinion was the year he played center.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Kline also has some experience at center so he could be a dark horse along with Braxston Cave...  Connelly IMO is better than Wendell though neither is dominant, truth be told I think both Wendell and Connelly are overpaid at this point when you have some young talent sitting there who could be as good or even better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Haven't heard about his injury...we'll probably have to wait until tomorrow to see if he shows up on the field.

Can't make the club from the tub...unless his injury is serious, he'll be on the field...the competition at C is serious this year!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Not good news. He had a bunch of nagging injures and sicknesses in college that keep him off the field at times too: mono, finger, neck, migraines, ankle, toe, both shoulders, knee. Hopefully this isn't a continuation of that trend and is a one off minor injury. 

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Pl has been my biggest concern, don't need him to start in game 1 , but we were out physical led against the broncs, have always felt Connolly better at center, Wendell was also not great in snapping when not under center, TB too many times had to look for the snap too long than look down field, imo
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Not good news. He had a bunch of nagging injures and sicknesses in college that keep him off the field at times too: mono, finger, neck, migraines, ankle, toe, both shoulders, knee. Hopefully this isn't a continuation of that trend and is a one off minor injury. 

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

I guess we all should be shocked he made it this far through camp. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Question?

can someone explain what the STs long snapper cannot be at least a sub for the regular online? I can understand not wanting to rely too heavily on him and getting injured, but are they too small?..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Question?

can someone explain what the STs long snapper cannot be at least a sub for the regular online? I can understand not wanting to rely too heavily on him and getting injured, but are they too small?..

In a word, yes.....Ott, for example, is 255....Aiken might be much smaller by the look of things Sunday...they have to snap fast and accurately and get down field to cover returns.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Question?

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not always but when you are use to snapping 10-15yrds every play it's hard to snap .5-5yrds. We saw this with a couple of teams that had C injures and it was a circus. It use to be C's use to also be the long snappers but being so use to shorter snaps they couldn't handle the long stuff so it does go both directions.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Question?

In a word, yes.....Ott, for example, is 255....Aiken might be much smaller by the look of things Sunday...they have to snap fast and accurately and get down field to cover returns.

[object HTMLDivElement]

+1

More and more NFL Teams are looking for Long Snappers with athleticism as a primary attribute...not size. In fact, the average height of Long Snappers in the NFL has dropped from 6' 3.5" in 2003, to 6' 2" today. Player weight has also dropped from 255 lbs. to 240 lbs. today. Many of the most recent NFL Long Snapper acquisitions (Hus, Tinker, Harris, Yount, Drescherand McQuaide were 6' 1" or under and averaged 235 lbs.

One indicator of a Long Snappers athleticism is the Impact After Snap Rating or IAS. This rating is based on tackles and fumble recoveries and shows a snappers ability to get down field and have a positive impact. At the conclusion of the 2013 NFL regular season, Garrison Sanborn of the Buffalo Bills co-led the league with an IAS rating of 9. Sanborn is only 6 feet tall.

Furthermore, effective last season, the NFL amended 3 rules that basically identify Long Snappers as Defenseless players and also eases the defensive alignment across from the Long Snapper. This action will provide teams more latitude to select Long Snappers that are athletic and can provide down field coverage as an added dimension. Just as the Tight End position evolved to more athletic player, the Long Snapper position  has evolved.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

thanks for the detailed info, tenace4life ... I learned something new today ( and that's good )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

Question?

[object HTMLDivElement]

+1

More and more NFL Teams are looking for Long Snappers with athleticism as a primary attribute...not size. In fact, the average height of Long Snappers in the NFL has dropped from 6' 3.5" in 2003, to 6' 2" today. Player weight has also dropped from 255 lbs. to 240 lbs. today. Many of the most recent NFL Long Snapper acquisitions (Hus, Tinker, Harris, Yount, Drescherand McQuaide were 6' 1" or under and averaged 235 lbs.

One indicator of a Long Snappers athleticism is the Impact After Snap Rating or IAS. This rating is based on tackles and fumble recoveries and shows a snappers ability to get down field and have a positive impact. At the conclusion of the 2013 NFL regular season, Garrison Sanborn of the Buffalo Bills co-led the league with an IAS rating of 9. Sanborn is only 6 feet tall.

Furthermore, effective last season, the NFL amended 3 rules that basically identify Long Snappers as Defenseless players and also eases the defensive alignment across from the Long Snapper. This action will provide teams more latitude to select Long Snappers that are athletic and can provide down field coverage as an added dimension. Just as the Tight End position evolved to more athletic player, the Long Snapper position  has evolved.

Good post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I hope the kid is okay but if need be move Connelly to center and Cannon to RG. Connelly's best year in my opinion was the year he played center.

I agree. Cannon has also been looking great in camp as well at RG.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

In response to tenace4life's comment:

Question?

[object HTMLDivElement]

+1

Good post.

Had no idea of size and did not understand the ST down field responsibilities

thanks to all, knew u guys could explain it to me

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Hope he is OK.

hey rajkvp (aka Borges) next time you plagiarize your entire post give credit to the original author!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rajkvp. Show rajkvp's posts

It was Mike Reiss BTW. My intention is not to plagiarize anyone's post but to share the news since

center is one of the weakest link ! 

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Hope he is OK.

hey rajkvp (aka Borges) next time you plagiarize your entire post give credit to the original author!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rajkvp. Show rajkvp's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765991/observations-from-patriots-camp-day-18" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765991/observations-from-patriots-camp-day-18

"Good sign from Stork: Rookie center Bryan Stork rejoined his teammates at practice, but did not have on any pads. Stork worked on footwork and power on the punching bag and spent a good amount of time on the elliptical. This was a significant sighting because it means Stork's lower leg injury, sustained midway through the fifth training camp practice, is healing and his return to practice is potentially on the radar. Linebacker Ja'Gared Davis and safety Kanorris Davis were also not in pads"

Sections
Shortcuts