Strahan "We stomped them out!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Strahan "We stomped them out!"

In his HoF speech he referenced the SB victory and how improbable, but not impossible, it was....then at the end he said "and we stomped them out!" 

I am like every normal Pats fan, that loss was painful and our offense was almost nowhere to be found. However in hindsight, does Strahan forget how the Gaints won that game? Does he not remember allowing Brady to march down the field with what looked like the winning drive, does he not remember watching the amount of immense luck it took Eli and the Giants offense to score a last minute TD? 

Yeah, I know the Giants still won that game and they deserve the credit. However, I find it fairly hilarious he looks at the game this way. Yeah, Brady was pressured all game long, but you don't stomp someone out when you give up what should have been a game winning drive and then win by your QB not getting picked when he should have and a catch that 99 out of 100 times would be an incompletion.

Anyone else watch that and feel the same way?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Strahan

Well in all fairness he did thank David tyree and his helmet, matter of fact he mentioned the helmet a couple of times and the way he said it you know he knew it was a damn lucky catch. As much as I don't like the giants, as much as I'm not much of a strahan fan, as much as I think he was handed the sack record, that was a very solid HOF speech given by the man. I will leave it at that!

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Well in all fairness he did thank David tyree and his helmet, matter of fact he mentioned the helmet a couple of times and the way he said it you know he knew it was a damn lucky catch. As much as I don't like the giants, as much as I'm not much of a strahan fan, as much as I think he was handed the sack record, that was a very solid HOF speech given by the man. I will leave it at that!

The speech it's self was fine. I just think when all is said and done, when BB and TB get into the HoF first ballot and Eli spend years waiting to get in. Remembering all those inconsistent and losing years by the Gaints around those SB victories, etc. Many will look back to that game, along with the other SB, and think, HOLY CR@P those Giants got damn lucky....twice. That game still has residual hype from the fact the Pats were undefeated and lost, along with how much overall dislike there is for the Pats for their consistent success. Until that is long gone will people view that SB differently.

I just found the "we stomped them out!" a little punkish and something the likes of true greats wouldn't have included in their speech.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I remember they held the vaunted Pats O to 14 points after Brady LAUGHED at the mere thought of it.

He earned the right to say whatever he wants. 

To the victor go the spoils. Pats fans abused that with regards to St L, Oak, PIT and Indy for years.

Strahan can have that...and I'll comment on the gap in his teeth and total wussification he has gone through to be on TV. I travel through a lot of Dr's offices for work, and often see him on TV. Man, to think he once terrorized OLines..he's a clown now. An utter clown and complete sellout. 

But, yeah...he assessment of that game is fairly accurate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

They DID stomp us out...sure it hurts, but the truth is the truth...In fact, if they didn't out hit us they could not win the game...they did and they won...let it go!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The speech it's self was fine. I just think when all is said and done, when BB and TB get into the HoF first ballot and Eli spend years waiting to get in. Remembering all those inconsistent and losing years by the Gaints around those SB victories, etc. Many will look back to that game, along with the other SB, and think, HOLY CR@P those Giants got damn lucky....twice. That game still has residual hype from the fact the Pats were undefeated and lost, along with how much overall dislike there is for the Pats for their consistent success. Until that is long gone will people view that SB differently.

I just found the "we stomped them out!" a little punkish and something the likes of true greats wouldn't have included in their speech.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'd call it a little punkish for him to say what he said, try to imagine Ty Law making it to the hall of fame...he'd dig up Michael Jackson, put a pair of shoes on him and dance around the stage with him (Weekend at Bernie's like). All the while taunting Marshall Faulk, which we be kind of cool.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Tyree. Plain and simple.  Even he doesn't know how he held on.  Sports can be a funny thing sometimes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They DID stomp us out...sure it hurts, but the truth is the truth...In fact, if they didn't out hit us they could not win the game...they did and they won...let it go!

[/QUOTE]

Strahan should let it go.   CLassless.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What was it when, after a reporter told Brady someone on the Giants D predicted 14 points, and he literally laughed?

Complaining about him is the same as LT complaining when Vince and others did the "Lights out" dance at the 50 in SD.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What was it when, after a reporter told Brady someone on the Giants D predicted 14 points, and he literally laughed?

Complaining about him is the same as LT complaining when Vince and others did the "Lights out" dance at the 50 in SD.

[/QUOTE]

Burress first mouthed off and then Brady, probably surprised, took the bait. It would have been better for Brady to just simply say "he has the right to his opinion, but talk is cheap" or something to that effect.

Instead he acted all offended and basically scoffed at it.

Sadly, the mouthy and entitled Burress got the best of it and Brady will take SB 42 and 46 to his grave if he doesn't win another one.

I know I would if I was him. It's what makes SB 46 WORSE than SB 42. He had himself a chance to atone for it all and choked again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

[QUOTE]

Tyree. Plain and simple.  Even he doesn't know how he held on.  Sports can be a funny thing sometimes.

[/QUOTE]

Tyree was shocked as to how he was so wide open at such a  critical point in the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I thought Strahan's reference of stomping was the DL of the Jints stomping the OL of the Pats. Which they did. I did not take away from that comment that he meant the entire team did the stomping.

I agree talk is cheap, but the winners earned the right to talk or not. The Jints earned the right, and Stra is talking...if the Pats want to do something about it, they need to win the SB, and then they can talk or not

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought Strahan's reference of stomping was the DL of the Jints stomping the OL of the Pats. Which they did. I did not take away from that comment that he meant the entire team did the stomping.

I agree talk is cheap, but the winners earned the right to talk or not. The Jints earned the right, and Stra is talking...if the Pats want to do something about it, they need to win the SB, and then they can talk or not

[/QUOTE]

Do you really think brady would go up there at his induction and start classlessly talking about the 3 sbs he won saying "we stomped out"?

I guess my question.is, why are players so obsessed with our team?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I bet he was talking about the O line

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

But, but I'm a good poster!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

When you win you get to say whatever you want.    That's one of the advantages of winning. 

Strahan was also feeding the masses.   Most of the crowd was heavily NY (both for the Giants and the Bills).

I can't begrudge him for saying what he did.    In 2007 most of the country did think it was next to impossible for the Giants to win.

Look at America's Hero, Mike Eruzione, captain of the Miracle on Ice team.   That team overcame a near impossible mountain too.  He never played another competitive hockey game again, yet he made a career out of speaking out about the accomplishment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because they know the Patriots are a solid franchise. They're not blind.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Do you really think brady would go up there at his induction and start classlessly talking about the 3 sbs he won saying "we stomped out"?

True - he would not. He gets his shots in but he has a better grasp of decorum, of that there is no doubt. Strahan is correct that they did dominate the line of scrimmage that day. but not much need to dwell on that now. However he needed to say something and saying "Thanks Brett for the sack record' might have been awkward.

"I guess my question.is, why are players so obsessed with our team?"

I think you know the answer to that question right? Other teams consider the Pats to be the legends they measure themselves against. It's not a terrible thing when you think of it that way. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I DID notice that Strahan ended his "engagement" this week....he became "engaged" to this woman while his ex-wife was suing him for a divorce settlement and when negotiations lagged she let the world know Strahan was on the down-low the entire marriage....funny how he quickly became "engaged" and settled with his ex for pretty much what she wanted after the "rumors" were leaked from her camp!

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Both of those Super Bowls were frauds. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Classless.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, but to mention it during your HOF speech?  Strahan is a stat padder.  He was not really an impact player.

I will never forget Favre falling down to give him that record breaking sack. He's Gastineau with a lucky ring.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

I feel if the Giants didnt get so lucky winning that SB the year Strahan is about to retire, he probably doesn't get in the HoF this year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, but to mention it during your HOF speech?  Strahan is a stat padder.  He was not really an impact player.

I will never forget Favre falling down to give him that record breaking sack. He's Gastineau with a lucky ring.

[/QUOTE]

Fifth in NFL history in sacks. Yeah, he sucks. He's just like Gastineau...except for the fact that he had twice as many sacks...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to freediro's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In his HoF speech he referenced the SB victory and how improbable, but not impossible, it was....then at the end he said "and we stomped them out!" 

I am like every normal Pats fan, that loss was painful and our offense was almost nowhere to be found. However in hindsight, does Strahan forget how the Gaints won that game? Does he not remember allowing Brady to march down the field with what looked like the winning drive, does he not remember watching the amount of immense luck it took Eli and the Giants offense to score a last minute TD? 

Yeah, I know the Giants still won that game and they deserve the credit. However, I find it fairly hilarious he looks at the game this way. Yeah, Brady was pressured all game long, but you don't stomp someone out when you give up what should have been a game winning drive and then win by your QB not getting picked when he should have and a catch that 99 out of 100 times would be an incompletion.

Anyone else watch that and feel the same way?

[/QUOTE]

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

not a fan of his, didn't like the sack record bs

i don't think stomping means two last second tds with 2 drops you didn't cause and three he didn't do

but they won, and he should get over it and why be a jerk , but he always has been, I thought him to be borderline HoFer, if w/o those drops he may not have gotten in , there were others I would have voted for over him, this just reminds me of that

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to TheRealBustchise's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tyree was shocked as to how he was so wide open at such a  critical point in the game.

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? I mean, I know you rotate multiple accounts and are usually just a troll...but your football ignorance can't be THAT bad, can it?