Straight from the horses mouth. Tyree.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Re: Straight from the horses mouth. Tyree.

When you're talking about Tyree,I think you have the wrong end of the horse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Straight from the horses mouth. Tyree.:
    When I was a kid, I made excuses every time I lost.  "He fouled me or would have won", "The wind was too strong or I would have kicked the ball straight", "The Ravens were just lucky, but we am more skilled", "The tuck rule was never used before, it was always about the quarterbacks arm moving forward", "The Jets only beat us because we let them."  This way I never have to face up to the fact we lose.  Perfectville.  Population 1.  Still. 
    Posted by Larry39

And what is the moral of your story? Bad calls are never made? There are never lucky bounces?

Oh, and the tuck rule was a blown call. He hit brady in the head with his hands. Penalty. Pats got screwed on that.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Straight from the horses mouth. Tyree. : rot...that was one play-if u guys were so hot s**t u would have stopped the giants from converting FOUR THIRD AND LONGS...and plax faked hobbs out of his jock on the td...they went 83 yds in two minutes and u lost geez what a bunch of whiny sore losers!
    Posted by JintsFan

I'm sure 2 random Ref spot-of-ball timeouts (1 not close to NY's 1st down marker, the next one, well OVER their 1st down marker) coupled with an ensuing play where the clock's not running at the snap count...lmao, nor the play, altogether giving NY over 2:30 seconds of field play but 30 seconds of the clock, Hey-Add A backfoot hailmary ball thrown by a twice spun around by his grabbed jersey Eli Manning & caught on the back head of your wideout's head, a shanked duck pass interception bouncing off the hands of our cornerback, a fumbled ball by a scrambling Eli Manning which just happened to bounce off the ground and directly back up to the torso of a falling Manning being brought down by Adalius Thomas, another missed Interception by Brandon Merriweather when another cr#ppy thrown ball's in his hands catching it over his head, until Ellis Hobbes & David Tyree are coming back to yet another awful pass by Eli, and Hobbes crashes into Merriweather, who then drops the INT, and finally Rodney Harrison making another good chance for an Interception in the beginning of the drive...Add Amani Toomer scooping up a couple of bad passes from Manning acrobatically an inch from the dirt...and it's no wonder that NE couldn't stop NY's superbly proficient offense that "converted 4 3rd down conversions"...

And Why?

Not because NE played so bad...It's because it's tough to run a defense in order to contain gifts, flukes, & miracles...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Straight from the horses mouth. Tyree. : rot...that was one play-if u guys were so hot s**t u would have stopped the giants from converting FOUR THIRD AND LONGS...and plax faked hobbs out of his jock on the td...they went 83 yds in two minutes and u lost geez what a bunch of whiny sore losers!
    Posted by JintsFan

Why do you criticize us for whining (then you whine) when it is pointed out your team won on a fluke?

Face the reality. That win will always be considered a fluke by everybody on earth except a Giant's homer. You would think winning the damned SB would be enough for you, but no, you want the world to think you actually won because you played better.

Do you actually think you didn't luck out on that last drive?

If you can't handle the reality of the "miracle" as it is called by your guy (that you love), then wouldn't that make you a sore winner?

Do you actually expect such a thing would never be spoken of on a Pat's board?

Do you think if you lost on a catch like that you would be saying, "Nice catch"? Snowball's chance in hell of that. You would be saying exactly what Pat's fans say.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Posted by JintsFan

You'd think that by now you'd realize a huge gift was given to you & you'd humbly accept it, not gloat about it. When one team plays well below their potential & hands the SB away, it is their own fault. The fact that they played so poorly & the game was still that close, speaks volumes about the Giants. We don't even have to bring up the Giants playoff performances since then. ;-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

In Response to Re: Straight from the horses mouth. Tyree. : And what is the moral of your story? Bad calls are never made? There are never lucky bounces? Oh, and the tuck rule was a blown call. He hit brady in the head with his hands. Penalty. Pats got screwed on that.
    Posted by BabeParilli

I am not a ref, but it certainly looks like that to me in that video.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

I blame it on the local gas station owner.  The morning of that fateful day, I stopped to fill the tank and gather some refreshments for the game.  He was selling Pat's SB champion tee's.  I asked him if he thought it might be bad karma to temp the football gods like that.  He laughed and told me he didn't care since he had already made a killing off the tee's he sold.  I felt it was over at that point.  Bad JuJu to tempt the gods like that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I blame it on the local gas station owner.  The morning of that fateful day, I stopped to fill the tank and gather some refreshments for the game.  He was selling Pat's SB champion tee's.  I asked him if he thought it might be bad karma to temp the football gods like that.  He laughed and told me he didn't care since he had already made a killing off the tee's he sold.  I felt it was over at that point.  Bad JuJu to tempt the gods like that.
    Posted by timithye

I agree.  Funny & COMPLETELY true story...  Wanna know the last Pats game I watched live, when it was actually unfolding on TV?  The Final 4th & 2 Drive that NE failed to convert at Indy.  Before THIS?  Brady gettin' his knee shattered...that instant.  Oh, the next game I watched before that?  Giants/Pats Superbowl...but lmao, NOT the full thing...I only watched the fateful 4th quarter.  And ya wanna know WHY I only watched the 4th quarter?  A: The AFC Title Game loss to the Colts... 

See, I jinx the pats...  I love them, but my own personal luck is SO bad, that I jinx them...  And whenever I think I can overcome this jinx, I try to watch some critical moment that I don't wanna miss (jinx be d#mned!)...and, inevitably I just curse my 1 & only favorite sport's team more... 

Some people say that this is ridiculous believing that ME, who has no bearing on the outcome of a pro football game, can actually affect their play somehow...  Sure, This might be true for some folks, but see, I'm different in the fact that my personal sense of self worth is so utterly important in the universal scheme & outcome of so many myriads of seemingly unconnected events...that I, Can And DO, cause these reactions to occur.  Some people blame the recent Japanese Tsunami on me, but really, I didn't have ANY-thing to do with that 1...I think I probably had some eeffect on the Tunesian one several years back, but seriously- VERY slightly...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Straight from the horses mouth. Tyree. : I am not a ref, but it certainly looks like that to me in that video.
    Posted by timithye

If you blow that vid up you can clearly see his right hand hit Brady's face mask so hard Brady's head snaps to his left.

I know when I watched it LIVE on TV I was screaming for a flag for a hit to the QB's head. I didn't need a replay.

Every Raider fan, and every other brain-dead goofball football fan and writer on earth will eternally say how WE caught a break.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Straight from the horses mouth. Tyree. : I am not a ref, but it certainly looks like that to me in that video.
    Posted by timithye

I'm trying to figure out how the Pats got screwed on that play. I think it was a wash and the Pats got the ball back and ultimately got the tying score. I think most people have moved on from the SB and the Pats future looks very bright. Can't win them all. Time to mooove on. This year is another year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What's funny is people pile on Hobbs for Plex making that catch for the TD but it was an all out blitz for crying out loud and he had no back up on that play. Any time a coach calls for an all out blitz thats the risk they take. Hobbs was what 5'7" and Plex is what 6'5"? Give the guy a break, he was on an island with a guy way bigger then him.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

I don't think height difference is a factor when the guy is 8 yards away from you when he catches the game winning SB TD.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: Straight from the horses mouth. Tyree. : I'm trying to figure out how the Pats got screwed on that play. I think it was a wash and the Pats got the ball back and ultimately got the tying score. I think most people have moved on from the SB and the Pats future looks very bright. Can't win them all. Time to mooove on. This year is another year.
    Posted by Bralon

So, do you feel all talk by other persons about the history of the team should cease?

The point is about the continued reference to the tuck rule years later with the incorrect conclusion that we got a break, when in fact we didn't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

i gotta agree with the people that think they blew it personally.  i have a rotating tradition for my pats jerseys (all 7 of em).  basicly, there are only 3 rules.  dont wear the same jersey 2 weeks in a row, dont wear the sunday jersey during the week of the game, and wear my old brady jersey on week one.

i have somehow followed those rules every game i can think of except... superbowl 42, afccg the year prior, and the last 2 playoff losses.  so basicly i have fd it up the last 4 playoff losses (lol i dont even realise it for some reason untill the games almost over)

1 last thing... in 2007 i took a bigass permanent marker and drew "19-0" on my buddies wall the night before the game...  unfortunatly the reason this was ok because it was the wall of shame which featured hostpital bracelets, ugly girls phone numbers (most of us were servers at the time), and anything else.  why would i put up a pats garantee on the wall of shame!?!?!?  its all my fault!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanCap. Show SanCap's posts

Babe - you are totally correct about the "tuck rule" play.  Obvious penalty for the blow to the head.  And it never gets mentioned for ten years.  Making that call would have been 15 yards, automatic first down.  Throw the flag and the controversy never happens.

But in that game Vinitieri made the absolute best, most clutch, by far the most difficult FGs ever made, by anyone to ever kick a football for a championship.

I have no memory of 2007...did something happen that year?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

This game will still sting on my f*cking death bed. I mean I will be sitting there ready to die and saying good bye to my loved ones and then bam the doc will say hey remember the 2007 super bowl choke? And it will still sting lol what a cluster f*ck of a game that was.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

them winning another one should be good medicine for that

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

So you're the jinx flutie! it was you! You will pay!
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

lol... ill follow the rules from now on i promise!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

damn you mean you grew a beard without cutting or trimming all season?  i have facial hair, but i dont think my gf would appove of a giant beard lol (keep it tight).  maybe i can grow it out for the playoffs this year?

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts