Straight from the horses mouth. Tyree.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Straight from the horses mouth. Tyree.

“The catch was a gift, it’s not like I’d try to do it.  I couldn’t do it again so that was a miracle,” Tyree told Kenneth Lovett of the Daily News.

.......Just in case anybody was unclear about how lucky that couple of minutes were - which had the extra helping of sh*t pie in keeping the old blowhards in Miami happy.

Anybody who thinks that Miami team, which played one of the easiest schedules possible, deserves to still be gloating, is a chump.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Re: Straight from the horses mouth. Tyree.

So was the non-call when O'hara had Seymour by the face mask & seperated Seymour from Manning. Well, maybe referee incompetence isn't a miracle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

That picture just made everything worse for me... instead of making me feel better......... I now feel worse. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Agreed. That was the play from hell.

It's hard to believe the greatest season in NFL history was lost because of such utter BS.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Straight from the horses mouth. Tyree.:
    [QUOTE]Agreed. That was the play from hell. It's hard to believe the greatest season in NFL history was lost because of such utter BS.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

DEF-inately...  I HATE the Refs, AND The League, because they all WANTED this to happen from the get-go!  I personally counted 7 UN-called NE face-masks, 6 NON-holding calls, 3 BOGUS Pass Interference Calls, 4 NON-"In-the-grasp" Calls, and 2 offsides by The Giants D (uncalled)!  And I don't care, some Trolls say "ALL you Pats Fans DO is Whine!"  But, It's just NOT fair...  And We ALL wouldn't whine, IF you weren't always out to get us, right?!?  And I don't mean to cry here & complain, BUT The Dolphins 12 Game Regular Season?!!!  Ha!  Different, easier games in those times on STACKED teams with no cap, easier schedule for them, & LESS games!  Sheez...And WHAT an f'ing FLUKE that Tyree Catch REALLY was, ya know?  So...lol, even HE says it was a fluke!  And even though all the pats fans I know, concider this game an actual Win (b/c it WAS fixed, and a fluke-catch...and the league hates us), NE STILL doesn't have that 2007 SB Trophy yet...Even AFTER David Tyree apparently says that catch should never have been made (and thus shouldn't count)!

...O.k., o.k.!  You go next babe!  Be like, be like- "Yaaah! I HATE when EVERY-one says Pats Fans are st#pid, worthless, & whiner bandwagon fans... They're JUST jealous'a tha' fact that we were Soooo d#mn good at stealing signals!"  
    ...And then I'LL go & work off of That!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Only 1/3 of the season games that fish team played had a winning record. It's a joke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You never want to leave yourself in a position where one freak play can cost you a game.  

Luck is definitely a big part of the game, but I bet if you asked BB he'd tell you that one of the keys to winning is to always try to put yourself in a place where a little good or bad luck in the fourth quarter won't make a difference in the outcome. The Pats didn't do that.  Some key tackles, some key blocks, some key catches were missed earlier in the game.  And that left the Pats in a position where a "miracle" could actually make a difference.  The Pats have no one to blame but themselves for that. 

BB wouldn't tell you otherwise. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

It was luck, the Pats deserved to win the SB. But they didn't and that's all history will remember. =( 

Sorry...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]You never want to leave yourself in a position where one freak play can cost you a game.   Luck is definitely a big part of the game, but I bet if you asked BB he'd tell you that one of the keys to winning is to always try to put yourself in a place where a little good or bad luck in the fourth quarter won't make a difference in the outcome. The Pats didn't do that.  Some key tackles, some key blocks, some key catches were missed earlier in the game.  And that left the Pats in a position where a "miracle" could actually make a difference.  The Pats have no one to blame but themselves for that.  BB wouldn't tell you otherwise. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Right on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

It really does sting every time I see the manning shot, i'm beginning to get over the image of Tyree making the catch.  What exactly constitutes in the grasp?, i've heard the patriots concerned say they seen Richard Seymour get hold of him and assume that the play was guna get blown up. Man O' Hara dosn't get him as good Seymour gets that other hand on and that would have been it. Awful but I think this year might start to make up for it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Eh, whaddya gonna do?

I guess it was fate.

Brady hurts his foot in the AFC title game--if it was bad enough to be in a walking boot the day after the game then it was much worse than the Pats let on. His father even said after the Super Bowl loss that it was pretty bad. If he's his usual self that day, maybe he avoids some of that crazy Giants' pass rush that hammered him all game long.

Asante Samuel and his $10 million pair of hands lets one of the worst passes in SB history from Manning slip right in between them with 2 minutes left. Game over if he catches it.

Belichick, the master himself, has a huge brain cramp and goes for it on 4th and 13 in the 3rd quarter, when he had a chance to kick a 48-yard FG with a kicker who's got a 55-yard leg indoors. I still have no idea what the basis was for that decision.

Also, the Giants had a great, great Front 7. They were tops on the coldhardfootballfacts.com "Defensive Hog" Index that year, and teams that top or finish high on that list are always Super Bowl contenders. The "matchup" was a bad one for the Pats, because the NYG were probably the one NFC team that could beat them in a one game, winner-take-all situation, because of their ability to generate pressure with just their Front 4 (San Diego was the other team in the NFL that could do that, and they almost beat the Pats in the AFC title game).

Man, how I wish that Favre hadn't thrown at ridiculous pick in OT in the NFC title game. If the Pats had played GB, it would have been a three or four TD blowout IMO. Favre would have given it up several times, and the GB defense would never have slowed down that Pats' offense.

Of course...as we've seen with the Colts over the past decade, if you're not balanced enough on offense, and you rely too much on throwing the ball and putting up a ton of points, and playing from way ahead all game long, eventually that will come back to bite you in the close games.

Hopefully, the Pats, after last January's playoff debacle against the NYJ, have finally learned that lesson and will return to a balanced offensive approach that grinds out drives, yards and time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]It really does sting every time I see the manning shot, i'm beginning to get over the image of Tyree making the catch.  What exactly constitutes in the grasp?, i've heard the patriots concerned say they seen Richard Seymour get hold of him and assume that the play was guna get blown up. Man O' Hara dosn't get him as good Seymour gets that other hand on and that would have been it. Awful but I think this year might start to make up for it!
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

Pats had other opportunities to win that game. Asante had a pick go right through his hands on that series as well. If the Pats would have played a fraction of their potential on offense that night that last series is a non issue. granted the Giants defense played over their heads but c'mon, that Pats offense should have put up at least 28 points on that Giant team..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Eh, whaddya gonna do? I guess it was fate. Brady hurts his foot in the AFC title game--if it was bad enough to be in a walking boot the day after the game then it was much worse than the Pats let on. His father even said after the Super Bowl loss that it was pretty bad. If he's his usual self that day, maybe he avoids some of that crazy Giants' pass rush that hammered him all game long. Asante Samuel and his $10 million pair of hands lets one of the worst passes in SB history from Manning slip right in between them with 2 minutes left. Game over if he catches it. Belichick, the master himself, has a huge brain cramp and goes for it on 4th and 13 in the 3rd quarter, when he had a chance to kick a 48-yard FG with a kicker who's got a 55-yard leg indoors. I still have no idea what the basis was for that decision. Also, the Giants had a great, great Front 7. They were tops on the coldhardfootballfacts.com "Defensive Hog" Index that year, and teams that top or finish high on that list are always Super Bowl contenders. The "matchup" was a bad one for the Pats, because the NYG were probably the one NFC team that could beat them in a one game, winner-take-all situation, because of their ability to generate pressure with just their Front 4 (San Diego was the other team in the NFL that could do that, and they almost beat the Pats in the AFC title game). Man, how I wish that Favre hadn't thrown at ridiculous pick in OT in the NFC title game. If the Pats had played GB, it would have been a three or four TD blowout IMO. Favre would have given it up several times, and the GB defense would never have slowed down that Pats' offense. Of course...as we've seen with the Colts over the past decade, if you're not balanced enough on offense, and you rely too much on throwing the ball and putting up a ton of points, and playing from way ahead all game long, eventually that will come back to bite you in the close games. Hopefully, the Pats, after last January's playoff debacle against the NYJ, have finally learned that lesson and will return to a balanced offensive approach that grinds out drives, yards and time.
    Posted by hardright[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all counts but the Favre pick is what bothers me the most to this day. Not like it was a tipped pass or fluke play. Just one of Favre's inexcusable, moronic, 'heroic' players. Atrocious. That'll stay with me for a long time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Jarvis Green's arm is also separating Seymour from Manning in that shot.  How many different things can all go wrong in the same play?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I've moved on......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]You never want to leave yourself in a position where one freak play can cost you a game.   Luck is definitely a big part of the game, but I bet if you asked BB he'd tell you that one of the keys to winning is to always try to put yourself in a place where a little good or bad luck in the fourth quarter won't make a difference in the outcome. The Pats didn't do that.  Some key tackles, some key blocks, some key catches were missed earlier in the game.  And that left the Pats in a position where a "miracle" could actually make a difference.  The Pats have no one to blame but themselves for that.  BB wouldn't tell you otherwise. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

This is what I have said since that day. But despite their lack of getting the job done over the course of the game, they did suck it up at the end only to have the dream snatched away by the preposterous. It would have been nice if Samuel could have held on to the Lombardi Trophy though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

When I was seven years old I fell off a ladder and cracked a bone in my forearm trying to break my fall.

Every once in a while I like to hit it with a hammer to remind myself what it felt like.

Undecided

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Actually WHAT is Green doin there, i've never noticed that he looks like he's tryin to rip seymour's arm away from Manning. Too true guys it really must not have meant to be soo much went wrong. So many of those 9 times out of ten things they would have done it i.e. Samuel, the fact the Giants were even in that superbowl. Anyway they're all moot points now as BB would say it is what it is! I really want to see them win another superbowl in my life time

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

The best part is we as fans will care more about it than the majority of the current patriots roster with a few obvious exceptions and of course BB. It's a new patriots era

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Larry39. Show Larry39's posts

When I was a kid, I made excuses every time I lost.  "He fouled me or would have won", "The wind was too strong or I would have kicked the ball straight", "The Ravens were just lucky, but we am more skilled", "The tuck rule was never used before, it was always about the quarterbacks arm moving forward", "The Jets only beat us because we let them."  This way I never have to face up to the fact we lose.  Perfectville.  Population 1.  Still. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]The 2006 Colts AFC title bagjob game is worse for me. The Giants front 7 was fanstastic for 4 qtrs.  I can live with that.  At least the refs didn't obviously try to get the Giants back into the game.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Agreed...  I'm more in line with your thinkin' here, Russ.  I can sleep fine with even any sickening Loss, when some guy wiggles out of the grasp, when mayyybe or maybe not, the Refs coulda called him down...Likewise, I'm fine with some freak circus grab catch, because sheez-It's The NFL, & it's the nature of the game that some pro, ANY pro, might just make a 1 fingertip sideways catch, a mili-inch from the ground, then get both little toes in bounds...(lol, stuff like this, I can say, "Whatever, Ridiculously crazy play that unfortunately went against us, or a judgemental call, where there's possibly ANY room for ambiguity").

But...When I see The League INT leader...Lmao, All alone, not a single human on any side within 12 yards of him, and he goes up for a completely uncontested Interception, and lmao, The pass isn't even high enough for him to be jumping to his highest possible effort (b/c he doesn't have to with where the pass is), and he doesn't even need to fully outstretch his arms in order to make some wild fingertrip pickoff (b/c again-it doesn't warrant it in terms of where the ball is, and so he doesn't have to).....Then the Superbowl Winning Ball bounces through his hands?!?  Stuff like this...NOT things which may or may not have happened 1 way or another, but !diotic THINGS that SHOULD have occured, and laughably there was no reason why they DIDN'T happen (or no reason why they DID happen: not-actually-existing-rule-of "faceguarding" by Ellis Hobbes)...these make Losing a Game, sorta hard. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Straight from the horses mouth. Tyree.:
    [QUOTE]“The catch was a gift, it’s not like I’d try to do it.  I couldn’t do it again so that was a miracle,” Tyree told Kenneth Lovett of the Daily News . .......Just in case anybody was unclear about how lucky that couple of minutes were - which had the extra helping of sh*t pie in keeping the old blowhards in Miami happy. Anybody who thinks that Miami team, which played one of the easiest schedules possible, deserves to still be gloating, is a chump.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Asante Samuel dropped the game-winning pick

And Adalius Thomas gave up on the play after only grabbing Eli Manning

Then Asante Samuel decided he didn't want to cover Tyree after dropping the game-winning interception, so Rodney Harrison had to come over all the way from the other side of the field to try to stop the catch

It was in their hands, literally

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

For all you guys that still have nightmares with that Super bowl here's another play the f'in refs blew,just before the half the Patriots fell on a fumble I think it was Woods that recovered it,he laid on the ground with the ball securely in his grasp and noone near him,he didn't try and get up and run he just laid there with the ball,then the giants all jumped on him and took the ball away! Holy Cow! Down by contact. As soon as the first giant touched him the ref who was seen sucking down Champagne with the giants at the party after he stole the Super Bowl for them as he also failed to call the important in the grasp,but you can be sure if Seymour had slung him to the ground the roughing the passer calll would have been made...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I remember that obvious fumble, too. I just could not believe the refs gave the ball back to the Giants! And nine times out of ten they would have called the QB "in the grass" when Eli threw the "miracle" catch. Asante dropping the easy INT. And how many times has any WR held the ball with Rodney all over him like he was with Tyree? Tom was obviously not himself that day, he couldn't evade the pressure like he had all year long. I suppose that's the nature of sports, you dwell on all the "ifs" when your team loses. But I agree with the poster who stated they never should have been in that position. The 4th and 13 was a totally moronic call. But I guess nobody is perfect, not even BB. And in the NFCCG when Favre threw that pick in OT, I had a sinking feeling in my gut. The Giants had come close to spoiling the 16-0 season just five weeks before SB42. They knew what they were up against. It was too much like SB36, where nobody thought the Patriots could pull off the upset. Of all the NFC teams to make it to Glendale the Giants were the worst we could have hoped for. They say the refs "let the guys play" moreso in the SB than in the regular season. There were certainly enough non-calls to bear that out. And let's not forget the "prize" ( to all but us NE fans), that gave back-to-back SB MVPs to the glorified Mannings! Both at our Patriots' expense, which hurts all the more. But there's no use crying about it three years after the fact! It is what it is, and I suppose it just wasn't meant to be. Last January's loss to the hated Jests was just as bad, IMO. But it's time to let the past demons rest. There's no reason the 2011 Patriots can't regain the past glory. Tom is still in his prime, and despite some mistakes, this defense looks like it could be VERY good this season...that is if the greedy bastids get a deal done so we even HAVE a season!!!

Sections
Shortcuts