Strength of Schedule (so far)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Strength of Schedule (so far)

Strength of Schedule so far from hardest to easiest.

Team      Record  Opp record

1   Jaguars      (1-4) 18-6  .750
    2   Broncos      (2-3) 16-7  .696
    3   Titans         (1-4) 16-8  .667
    4   Dolphins     (2-3) 15-9  .625
         Jets            (2-3) 15-9  .625
    6   Browns      (0-5) 15-10 .600
         Chiefs        (1-4) 15-10 .600
         Lions          (1-3) 12-8  .600
    9   Packers      (2-3) 14-10 .583
         Rams         (3-2) 14-10 .583
    11 Cowboys     (2-2) 11-8  .579
    12 Cardinals    (4-1) 14-11 .560
    13 Colts           (2-2) 11-9  .550
    14 Eagles        (3-2) 13-11 .542
         Redskins    (2-3) 13-11 .542
         Panthers    (1-4) 13-11 .542
    17 Patriots    (3-2) 13-12 .520
    18 Seahawks  (3-2) 12-12 .500
    19 49ers         (4-1) 11-13 .458
    20 Bears         (4-1) 10-13 .435
    21 Steelers      (2-2) 8-11  .421
         Chargers    (3-2) 8-11  .421
         Buccaneers (1-3) 8-11  .421
    24 Raiders      (1-3) 10-14 .417
    25 Bills           (2-3) 10-15 .400
         Ravens      (4-1) 10-15 .400
    27 Vikings       (4-1) 9-14  .391
    28 Bengals      (3-2) 9-16  .360
         Falcons      (5-0) 9-16  .360
         Saints        (1-4) 9-16  .360
    31 Texans       (5-0) 8-17  .320
    32 Giants        (3-2) 7-17  .292

Take it for what it's worth, which isn't much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Strength of Schedule (so far)

Man those Giants have played a cake schedule huh Jints.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i figured the texans' would be near the league's easiest so far, they have played nobody yet

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Strength of Schedule so far from hardest to easiest.

Team      Record  Opp record

1   Jaguars      (1-4) 18-6  .750
    2   Broncos      (2-3) 16-7  .696
    3   Titans         (1-4) 16-8  .667
    4   Dolphins     (2-3) 15-9  .625
         Jets            (2-3) 15-9  .625
    6   Browns      (0-5) 15-10 .600
         Chiefs        (1-4) 15-10 .600
         Lions          (1-3) 12-8  .600
    9   Packers      (2-3) 14-10 .583
         Rams         (3-2) 14-10 .583
    11 Cowboys     (2-2) 11-8  .579
    12 Cardinals    (4-1) 14-11 .560
    13 Colts           (2-2) 11-9  .550
    14 Eagles        (3-2) 13-11 .542
         Redskins    (2-3) 13-11 .542
         Panthers    (1-4) 13-11 .542
    17 Patriots    (3-2) 13-12 .520
    18 Seahawks  (3-2) 12-12 .500
    19 49ers         (4-1) 11-13 .458
    20 Bears         (4-1) 10-13 .435
    21 Steelers      (2-2) 8-11  .421
         Chargers    (3-2) 8-11  .421
         Buccaneers (1-3) 8-11  .421
    24 Raiders      (1-3) 10-14 .417
    25 Bills           (2-3) 10-15 .400
         Ravens      (4-1) 10-15 .400
    27 Vikings       (4-1) 9-14  .391
    28 Bengals      (3-2) 9-16  .360
         Falcons      (5-0) 9-16  .360
         Saints        (1-4) 9-16  .360
    31 Texans       (5-0) 8-17  .320
    32 Giants        (3-2) 7-17  .292

Take it for what it's worth, which isn't much.

[/QUOTE]

this is revealing since preseason predictions based on last years records are ridiculous .  The NFL has more year to year turnover, etc....

So I find this current data interesting so thanks for the post... Seahawks look like a good matchup for NE.

Jints fans should be worried .  49ers will be a wake up call for Eli and co.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

how does that compare with last year?

And, does that mean the Patriots and Seahawks are about the same ranking then?  LOL :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Patriots were ranked as having the easiest schedule  based on last year...  So reality being this year you have Arizona , Denver etc. Playing better and now pats are middle of the pack.

this gets factored into power rankings along with offense , defense and intangibles like coaching and history ... So Seattle is probly ranked below NE (but so was Arizona .... Not lol).

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it changes week to week and means squat...giants have toughest schedule in nfl based on last years records, which is the only measurement the nfl uses...pats have the second easiest...this idea of schedule strength based on a teams weekly performances is nonsense...gmen already played cowboys and eagles and will play saints ravens 49ers steelers packers and eagles and cowboys again

thats called a brutal schedule...a Champions schedule, which makes me wonder how the pats played in the sb and yet play powder puffs...i think its a plot by goodell to make sure pats win every year..i mean ur division is weak enough w/o powder puffs outside it  :  )

[/QUOTE]

As far as I know the Patriots and Giants will be playing this years teams, not last years teams.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

it changes week to week and means squat...giants have toughest schedule in nfl based on last years records, which is the only measurement the nfl uses...pats have the second easiest...this idea of schedule strength based on a teams weekly performances is nonsense...gmen already played cowboys and eagles and will play saints ravens 49ers steelers packers and eagles and cowboys again

thats called a brutal schedule...a Champions schedule, which makes me wonder how the pats played in the sb and yet play powder puffs...i think its a plot by goodell to make sure pats win every year..i mean ur division is weak enough w/o powder puffs outside it  :  )

[/QUOTE]

Jints.... seemed many thought the Pats had a cupcake schedule going into this season and look who has one now??  Getting defensive?? Last year's teams are NOT 2012 teams!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Thanks for the thread. It just goes to show that last year doesn't matter much. The Patriots play all of the division winners from last year and also what looks like a surprisingly tough NFC West. The Seahawks are one of the toughest teams to play on the road, so are the Ravens. Their schedule is by no means easy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wow, interesting! Thanks for posting digger.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Another way to look at it is the patriots have not yet beaten a team with a winning record ... until this weekend ...

interesting that only teams with winning record against plus-.500 schedule are pats eagles, rams, cards. 

So rams, cards are for real...?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jints.... seemed many thought the Pats had a cupcake schedule going into this season and look who has one now??  Getting defensive?? Last year's teams are NOT 2012 teams!!!

[/QUOTE]

Hey, I got nothing against a bong hit or two, but big boys ought to stop once they have reached their limit.

Let's examine your list in your so-called "brutal schedule," shall we?

Yes, you play the 4-1 Ravens and the 4-1 49ers, both good teams. But the Pats play both of those teams this year, so those cancel out.

What is left on your list is the Cowboys, Eagles, Saints, Steelers and Packers. Hmmm, let's see what the stats say?

Team, Wins, Losses, PF, PA, Differential, (Note)

Cowboys, 2-2, 65, 88, -23 (beaten by 16 at home to the punchless Bears)

Eagles, 3-2, 80, 99, -19 (Vick trying to set the career record for turnovers in 1 season)

Saints, 1-4, 141, 154, -13 (But for Norv Turner, would be 0-5)

Steelers, 2-3, 116, 115, +1 (Mash units have fielded healthier teams)

Packers, 2-3, 112, 111, +1 (Taken down by that AFC powerhouse w/rook QB, Indy)

Total, 10-14, 514, 567, -53

Woooo...that sure is BRUUUUTAL, I tell ya.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you knew a doggone thing about football, you would know that 14 of the 16 games played each year are scheduled years in advance.

(I guess that's why you so much time on a Patriots fan site...hoping to put some knowledge in that empty head.)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

I don't know why we get ragged on so much about our schedule. As if it's our fault the Fins, Bills and Jets can't get their sheet together. I thought the Bills were going to be vastly improved this year but it looks like the most improved division opponent will be Miami.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Whats funny about this is how the AFC and NFC East mirror each other as far as QB's. You have 1 team with Good QB's, 2 teams with chokers, and 1 team with a Rookie.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call the Jets chokers. You have to be good enough to get there in order to choke.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Giants are in the most overated division in the NFL. Granted the AFC East s--ks, but everyone already knows that. How many teams not named the Giants have won playoff games from the NFC East?

Big tests were/will be Ravens, Texans, Niners and throw in Rams because their defense looked great against the Cards. And maybe throw in an away game within the division. IMO the Pats are always jostling for playoff positioning therefore every game matters; as it does for every team ( Giants included) that considers themselves a playoff contender.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

The reason why you always hear that about the Giants' division is because so many 'experts' pick the Cowboys to win it all every year and because they're in love with Vick. In the AFC how many times have the pundits picked the Chargers?

They're all 'looks good on paper' teams that always seem to disappoint.