Strong Reivews/Pats Safeties

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Strong Reivews/Pats Safeties

I think he was good last year too. The problem was he missed 8 games and I don't think any of the other safeties were good at all. CB's get the blame, but I think many of the secondary problems were due to inexperienced and out of position safeties.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

the safety play will definitely be an improvement over last year!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

It all depends on the pass rush how good the secondary will be.  I hope the whole D will improve this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

If Gregory and Wison work out and Chung stays healthy then this is exciting. Chung can do what he excels at and can shut down TE's. I remeber he stuck to Gates last year like glue and held him without a reception.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In Response to Re: Strong Reivews/Pats Safeties:
    [QUOTE]If Gregory and Wison work out and Chung stays healthy then this is exciting. Chung can do what he excels at and can shut down TE's. I remeber he stuck to Gates last year like glue and held him without a reception.
    Posted by I sat on your toilet[/QUOTE\

That's right! Its Ez to forget how good he can be when he is healthy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Gotta like what we're hearing coming out of camp on these safeties!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I dont see a big jump UP for this defense...

hopefully a better team play and less injuries... that´s it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]I dont see a big jump UP for this defense... hopefully a better team play and less injuries... that´s it.
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

The only area that really needs to improvement is third and long.  If a the new personnel can get just a few more of them done this year, I bet it will seem like a vast improvement.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMUFranco. Show JMUFranco's posts

That's great to hear. It seems like the Gregory addition in the offseason may be another one of those little talked about moves that pay out significant dividends down the line. This refers to his own play, the mentoring he offers for the younger guys, and the synergy in the secondary created between him and Chung. I hope the positive play continues into the season and that injuries don't add up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Strong Reivews/Pats Safeties:
    [QUOTE]http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/ext... Report from Tuesday's practice: S Patrick Chung was by far the Patriots’ best defender on the field against the Saints. He was terrific in coverage (even against TE Jimmy Graham), provided strong run support and looked sure in his assignments. Chung has had a terrific camp to this point. The hope now is that he stays healthy and delivers during a contract year. Also, Tavon Wilson is getting a ton of reps and showing instincts with well timed in the box blitzes, with BB coaching him up. Gregory steady and he picked off Brees yesterday. Looks the stability next to Chung may help him take that next step we've been waiting for.
    Posted by CliffordWasHere[/QUOTE]

I do love how the source of your quote is the very guy yesterday you were calling anti-patriot because he said they looked bad vs. the Saints in practice.  Your real name isnt Mitt Romney is it?  At least your next name on here should be Mr. Flip Flopper.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to "Re: Strong Reivews/Pats Safeties": [QUOTE]I dont see a big jump UP for this defense... hopefully a better team play and less injuries... that´s it. Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE] We started 3 guys off the street in the secondary for the majority of the season, which lead to being 32nd against the pass. You don't think we will improve drastically in that area?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]That's what you do.  You run around calling people trolls who aren't 100% madly in love with Brady's postseasons of late. You're blind as a bat if you didn't notice the difference with Chung and Spikes back after they returned from injury last year.  Chung has great ability and has never played with anyone better than James Sanders.  It's vital a D has continuity and some experience and now it looks this secondary might have it, yet you mock this as a Pats fan? When will you end this? When they bail out Brady to win the SB this year? lmao The guy is having a knockout camp and you and your ilk are still looking for excuses for Brady, a guy who had a poor postseason and a subpar SB, with just a horrendous 4th qtr. Meanwhile, Manning throws a great ball to Manningham's outside shoulder, shielded from any possible defensive play, Manningham holds on after getting drilled with two feet in bounds and somehow Chung "wasn't in position"?  How does that make sense?  Maybe Chung would have morphed into Superman and gotten to Manningham's outside shoudler if he had .0001% more energry instead of being on the field more than he needed to be because of Brady's poor decisions/play? Learn the game or YOU enough with the ridiculous comments in a desperate defense of Brady.   You apparently have such an issue you can't see you're overly-critical of the D and refuse to attach any accountability to your 20 mil per year QB who melted down in a SB.

I don't run around calling any Patriot fan I disagree with a troll.  Last I checked they don't hand out Yellow Jackets based on Training Camp performance.  Like I said in my original post I'll wait for the real games too start before I make judgments.  In my eyes he has a lot too prove.  I'm hoping he turns into the greatest safety ever just like I'm hoping we have the #1 rated defense. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]I dont see a big jump UP for this defense... hopefully a better team play and less injuries... that´s it.
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

From what I'm reading, Devin McCourty still looks awful at CB. He needs to step it up, and Ras-I Dowling needs to stay healthy, for the secondary to make a "big jump" in 2012.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Strong Reivews/Pats Safeties : I do love how the source of your quote is the very guy yesterday you were calling anti-patriot because he said they looked bad vs. the Saints in practice.  Your real name isnt Mitt Romney is it?  At least your next name on here should be Mr. Flip Flopper.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]
       We all know Obama never flip flops.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Strong Reivews/Pats Safeties : That's false.  Not true.  Absolutely FALSE.  Arrington is the one who is getting toasted by the Saints WRs.

RESPONSE: So now Rusty, Rusty, not so trusty, is accusing me of lying?? LOL!! First off, if you go back and re-read my previous post, I said that, based on what I've been reading, McCourty looks awful in camp. I wasn't specifically discussing the Saints' scrimmage...in which the entire secondary looked awful.  

Source your info or pipe down.

RESPONSE: Yawn:
    McCourty struggling:CB Devin McCourtywent from Pro Bowler as a rookie to being picked on at CB and moved to FS at times as a sophomore after struggling in mancoverage. His troubles aren't improving at camp. McCourty was routinely beaten in one-on-one red-zone drills. McCourty wasn't even turning his head around to find the ball. Don't be surprised if Sterling Moore starts getting a few more looks: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/19721903/patriots-quick-hits-training-camp-day-8;

"...It seemed as though all the problems with the Patriots’ porous secondary last season were exemplified in McCourty’s performance. One year removed from being a Pro Bowler as a rookie, many expected opposing offenses to begin treating McCourty like a busy highway, looking for an alternative route to their destinations. Instead, quarterbacks looked to attack him...He was targeted a total of 111 times, surrendered a total of 1,074 yards and allowed opposing quarterbacks to post a 104.7 rating when throwing his direction. Just 5-foot -11 , McCourty also routinely struggled against larger receivers, though singling out them hardly seems fair to the many small receivers who also handled his coverage with ease.": http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2012/08/devin_mccourty.html

The troll-work here is unbearable right now. God forbid any Pats fans get excited over some nice info about our secondary.

RESPONSE: Still wondering why you haven't responded concerning Mike Mayock being "shocked" by BB's decision to draft Tavon Wilson at #48. LOL!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]We are talking about the Chung that wasn't in position to breakup that pass to Manningham...Right?  Lets save the irrational exuberance till he proves he can stay healthy and make plays when we start playing games that actually count.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

just a back up on this

I remember Herm Edwards saying the next day
    that Chung was lined up on the inside of the hash
    vs the outside of the hash

the one step he needed

and dislike herm if u wish but he was a coach
    and he was a db (and he is a good guy)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Strong Reivews/Pats Safeties :    We all know Obama never flip flops.
    Posted by jerh5[/QUOTE]

how is that relevant?

Sections
Shortcuts