Strong Safety should be HIGHEST Priority in offseason

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Strong Safety should be HIGHEST Priority in offseason

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

IMO, NO. DT is.

The secondary has consistently been burned WHEN the opposing QB has time. While edge rush ahs been addressed, they now need an interior rush. That's what they need to turn teh corner.

Also, imagine what this team would be if VW went down. BB can band aid a bad secondary. I don't think he can band aid for VW being out.

I agree somewhat I just believe the front 7 as a whole is in better shape with recent additions of Jones,  Hightower, and this CfL guy Armstead. Ive heard numerous fans already say he is a 1st round steal and I knew that was premature but at the same time I expect SOMETHING from him so just not sure BB still needs to adress it or will after signing two CFL guys. There are alot of priorities but if they dont get a presence in the back ends...Its all moot. I mean whoever they get, they aint gonna be Reggie White, This I know..  flacco didnt get any pressure on him the previous game either and Denver has @ premier pass rushers so what happened???  Nothing special. Just Bmore has a very stout line that played better than our line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

Defensive tackle

Without the ability to get to the QB than it's irrelevant how good our defensive backfield is.

This is also a priority but since when do tackles rush the passer? Are we getting Richard Seymour back?  I want a real tackle to go alongside Fork but we still need to get rush from our ends and Nink as timely as his plays are doesnt consistently put pressure on the QB and we all know BB doesnt get guys just to do one thing. The fact is Qbs are gonna get passes off even against the best lines but you need a safety who clean recievers clock so they dont feel comfortable going over the middle all game like the Ravens did. Cover Safeties get ran over in goal line situations by Tight ends , just ask Gregory. You need to be physical and we have none. Wilson is close but he doesnt hit hard.

You keep saying this "clean their clock" thing but DBs aren't allowed to do that stuff. It's an additional 15 yards.

I also love how 1 TD by a good TE like Pitta is somehow so offensive. Like no other Safety in man coverage allowed a 10 yard TD all year in the NFL. lmao

It'd be nice if our own QB scored us TDs in the red zone.  

Rusty, Rusty, Rusty!  .....wow...Where Do I begin??  You started this by asking why I didnt blame Brady for the loss so I pointed all the mistakes that werent Bradys fault and you come back with "How does a high school dropout claim to know more than BB" and then go on yet another off topic rant and you cant understand why you are the laughing stock here??? I tried yet again to engage in discussion and because you had no rebuttal you once again resort to assaulting my character when you know absolutely nothing about me. Not once did I mention ANY other coaches I wanted here but leave it you to LIE again. Why is it a problem for you to lay ANY blame at the foot of the GUY IN CHARGE but you find ALL the blame with the best player who is keeping BB employed??  lol @ you... Wow Dude,....you will be miserable soul forever....

15 yard penatly means what?? You cant win the game??  This is what I mean, Rodney used to get em all the time early, Its called SETTING THE TONE! Ask any coach if he would sacrifice 15 yards early to set the tone and they all say yet. You dont know the game outside of stats and BB' balls Rusty and thats TRUTH!   That play that Gregory gave up , gave them the lead and they never looked back. EVERYONE else JAMMED  their man on that play and BB could be seen going crazy after the play....smh

LEARN THE GAME! Your ignorance is starting to become contagious here as everyone thinks having 4 Cbs  in the back end is a good thing now...LMAO!  This is gonna be fun watching you try to spin again when BB picks up 2 SS's in the offseason..

BB doesn't use his Safeties as SS and FS. Any real Pats fan knows that. He wants them to be able to play both slots.

Rodney Harrison was a FS, not a SS.  He had SS skills, but played both very well. He was unique.

Yes, you think you know more than BB.  Which coach and GM would you prefer over BB?  All you do is whine all day and all night long about he's a meanie and doesn't do what YOU want specifically, as you completely ignore the budget restraints the cap entails.

You're a child.  You never went to college, have horrendous critical thinking skills, and somehow think it's cool to tell us you recently got your GED and deal drugs.

I am the on that told YOU about the interchangable safeties 2 years ago numbnuts. I am saying the philosophy hasnt worked recently. BB has been changing a lot. 3-4 to 4-3. This is no difference. He will change because its NOT WORKING!  Its nice that you have never met me but seem to think you know me but please stop assaulting my character and lying to make you look good. its really pathetic and everyone can see through it. I dont have a GED, nor have I EVER sold drugs so Please Stop. You are embarrasing yourselves. Let your supreme football knowledge shine through instead of making up stuff to detract from your ignorance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I thought Patrick Chung was your strong safety.  As I recall, he was the next Roidney.  There was a lot of backslapping about what a great pick he was.  Is that no longer the case?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I do not think Chung was ever the same player after that fake punt fail in the Jets game.  Coincidence?  Who knows, but after that he just didn't seem like the same guy and struggled with injuries.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]

IMO, NO. DT is.

The secondary has consistently been burned WHEN the opposing QB has time. While edge rush ahs been addressed, they now need an interior rush. That's what they need to turn teh corner.

Also, imagine what this team would be if VW went down. BB can band aid a bad secondary. I don't think he can band aid for VW being out.

I agree somewhat I just believe the front 7 as a whole is in better shape with recent additions of Jones,  Hightower, and this CfL guy Armstead. Ive heard numerous fans already say he is a 1st round steal and I knew that was premature but at the same time I expect SOMETHING from him so just not sure BB still needs to adress it or will after signing two CFL guys. There are alot of priorities but if they dont get a presence in the back ends...Its all moot. I mean whoever they get, they aint gonna be Reggie White, This I know..  flacco didnt get any pressure on him the previous game either and Denver has @ premier pass rushers so what happened???  Nothing special. Just Bmore has a very stout line that played better than our line.

TripleOG this is a response to your post not the above thread.  first off excellent post.  I agree with you on what a huge need it is for us to get an enforcer true saftey type.  However we went to the super last year with worse and to the AFC champ game with Gregory and McCourty, probably more of a function of TB than our D, and granted we loss BOTH.  That said looking at the roster Arrington and Talib (forgive me if I'm wrong) are both FAs that means the only CBs we have signed from next year are (off top of my head)

CBs  Deanard, Cole, Dowling, Malcolm Williams (really need 3 starters)

Saftey is   McCourty, Gregory, Wilson, Ebner, martin

I think we actually need a 2nd and starting CB more than anything else

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to quinzpatsfan's comment:

[QUOTE]

IMO, NO. DT is.

TripleOG this is a response to your post not the above thread.  first off excellent post.  I agree with you on what a huge need it is for us to get an enforcer true saftey type.  However we went to the super last year with worse and to the AFC champ game with Gregory and McCourty, probably more of a function of TB than our D, and granted we loss BOTH.  That said looking at the roster Arrington and Talib (forgive me if I'm wrong) are both FAs that means the only CBs we have signed from next year are (off top of my head)

CBs  Deanard, Cole, Dowling, Malcolm Williams (really need 3 starters)

Saftey is   McCourty, Gregory, Wilson, Ebner, martin

I think we actually need a 2nd and starting CB more than anything else

I disagree that Gregory is the answer here. I will bet he is released before week 1 next year. Its one thing to be close, its another to get over the hump. Im tired of getting close. I will have to disagree that our safeties are set.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Defensive tackle

Without the ability to get to the QB than it's irrelevant how good our defensive backfield is.

This is also a priority but since when do tackles rush the passer? Are we getting Richard Seymour back?  I want a real tackle to go alongside Fork but we still need to get rush from our ends and Nink as timely as his plays are doesnt consistently put pressure on the QB and we all know BB doesnt get guys just to do one thing. The fact is Qbs are gonna get passes off even against the best lines but you need a safety who clean recievers clock so they dont feel comfortable going over the middle all game like the Ravens did. Cover Safeties get ran over in goal line situations by Tight ends , just ask Gregory. You need to be physical and we have none. Wilson is close but he doesnt hit hard.

You keep saying this "clean their clock" thing but DBs aren't allowed to do that stuff. It's an additional 15 yards.

I also love how 1 TD by a good TE like Pitta is somehow so offensive. Like no other Safety in man coverage allowed a 10 yard TD all year in the NFL. lmao

It'd be nice if our own QB scored us TDs in the red zone.  

Rusty, Rusty, Rusty!  .....wow...Where Do I begin??  You started this by asking why I didnt blame Brady for the loss so I pointed all the mistakes that werent Bradys fault and you come back with "How does a high school dropout claim to know more than BB" and then go on yet another off topic rant and you cant understand why you are the laughing stock here??? I tried yet again to engage in discussion and because you had no rebuttal you once again resort to assaulting my character when you know absolutely nothing about me. Not once did I mention ANY other coaches I wanted here but leave it you to LIE again. Why is it a problem for you to lay ANY blame at the foot of the GUY IN CHARGE but you find ALL the blame with the best player who is keeping BB employed??  lol @ you... Wow Dude,....you will be miserable soul forever....

15 yard penatly means what?? You cant win the game??  This is what I mean, Rodney used to get em all the time early, Its called SETTING THE TONE! Ask any coach if he would sacrifice 15 yards early to set the tone and they all say yet. You dont know the game outside of stats and BB' balls Rusty and thats TRUTH!   That play that Gregory gave up , gave them the lead and they never looked back. EVERYONE else JAMMED  their man on that play and BB could be seen going crazy after the play....smh

LEARN THE GAME! Your ignorance is starting to become contagious here as everyone thinks having 4 Cbs  in the back end is a good thing now...LMAO!  This is gonna be fun watching you try to spin again when BB picks up 2 SS's in the offseason..

BB doesn't use his Safeties as SS and FS. Any real Pats fan knows that. He wants them to be able to play both slots.

Rodney Harrison was a FS, not a SS.  He had SS skills, but played both very well. He was unique.

Yes, you think you know more than BB.  Which coach and GM would you prefer over BB?  All you do is whine all day and all night long about he's a meanie and doesn't do what YOU want specifically, as you completely ignore the budget restraints the cap entails.

You're a child.  You never went to college, have horrendous critical thinking skills, and somehow think it's cool to tell us you recently got your GED and deal drugs.

I am the on that told YOU about the interchangable safeties 2 years ago numbnuts. I am saying the philosophy hasnt worked recently. BB has been changing a lot. 3-4 to 4-3. This is no difference. He will change because its NOT WORKING!  Its nice that you have never met me but seem to think you know me but please stop assaulting my character and lying to make you look good. its really pathetic and everyone can see through it. I dont have a GED, nor have I EVER sold drugs so Please Stop. You are embarrasing yourselves. Let your supreme football knowledge shine through instead of making up stuff to detract from your ignorance.

You told me that? LOL!!!

You're an idiot. I've known about that since BB cut Milloy and went with Harrison.   Rodney could do more, by playing FS and SS roles. 

You told us you sold drugs! YOu said you smoked and sold drugs to JR Redmond and TBC.  You also said just recently "gotta make a living, right"?  Why would I say you have a GED if you didn't tell us you dropped out and got a GED instead?

I didn't make it up. YOU told us this, you liar. My god. You really think others didn't you see you write that stuff?  You aren't getting away with the lying here.

Ok, let me clarify this ONE more time because I know you have problems with comprehension. I Have never said I got my GED, dropped out, etc. More like YOU said it and I just agreed and you are so shallow that you went around screaming to whoever would listen. I mean really dude?? YOu think I would come here and brag about dropping out or getting a GED.   Just shows how much common sense, you have. You are such a little girl its not even funny. Sitting here holding on to lies you created and trying to get others to believe it. If I wasnt a threat to you, why are you trying so hard to discredit me. There are plenty of people reading this now thnking "what an *ss this rusty is" you see I let you say whatever you want because you will never admit any wrongdoing anyway. Noone here cares wether or not anyone went to college but you and your continued attacks after being bloodied here only shows how much of an immature lil D*ck you are and your attacks say more about you than me so keep going and you will be on account # 37 soon with a new corny name and fresh start. Ive owned you since the day I ran into your sorry *ss here and Yes Im using vulgar language towards you because you can obviously take it since you dish it out regularly right??   Happy Trails rusty,  Stay Classy

ps, I dont consider cannibus a drug. Most people dont.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Everyone-99

Rusty-0

Rusty is bludgeoned again for those keeping score

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

1. cornerback, whether it be re-signing talib or going after another free agent

2. free safety, someone not named gregory, and that can play, is all i really ask for

3. wide receiver, i love welker, but it just hasnt worked out in the playoffs as well as it could have/should have. would love to see them bring in a emmanuel sanders type guy.

4. Defensive tackle, some wilfork insurance would be nice.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Say....Whaattttt....somebody here smoked weed with Tully Banta Cain.....For real?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Everyone-99

Rusty-0

Absolutely laguable. Have you explained to us how Parcells convinced Mara to take on BB with the Giants because Modell was speaking poorly of him yet?

Someone else challenged you on that hilariously inaccurate statement in the Cleveland 95 thread, and you wildly tried to dance away from it.

It's more like ANYONE who takes you on 1000, you ZERO. A big, fat zero.

You try to sound knowledgeable, but it blows up in your face. You're also a patholigcal liar like the rest of these trolls.

dude, it seems to always be you against the entire BDC community. Simply delusional. Seriously, seek help.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Say....Whaattttt....somebody here smoked weed with Tully Banta Cain.....For real?

Yes. JaShizzles, now TripleOG came on here about 5 months ago telling us these stories, I think it was in one of the PED discussions. He namedropped JR Redmond saying he smoked weed with him and that he sold weed to Tully Banta Cain.

No lie.

MANY, many people here saw it.

Also, recently when I mentioned it about 2 months ago when I said he was a drug dealer, he responded by saying "gotta make a living, right?", replete with a smiley face on the end of it.

It's sick to see him lie outright and try to put it back into others' faces.

The millisecond I disagree with him or point out his real agenda for these threads, he starts to lose it.

Geezzzzzzz...Louise....I need to check in here more often......

Ahhh....IF they didn't do it wouldn't they open themselves up to a Libel Suit?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Everyone-99

Rusty-0

Absolutely laguable. Have you explained to us how Parcells convinced Mara to take on BB with the Giants because Modell was speaking poorly of him yet?

Someone else challenged you on that hilariously inaccurate statement in the Cleveland 95 thread, and you wildly tried to dance away from it.

It's more like ANYONE who takes you on 1000, you ZERO. A big, fat zero.

You try to sound knowledgeable, but it blows up in your face. You're also a patholigcal liar like the rest of these trolls.

dude, it seems to always be you against the entire BDC community. Simply delusional. Seriously, seek help.

No, actually I enjoy calling out phonies.  Trolls are ponies. Namedroppers are phonies.  This means you.

I've caught you and your troll buddies in so many lies, it's hilarious.

It's only really like 10 people here.  4-5 non Pats fan trolls and 4-5 poseur pink hat Pats fans who want to be a part of something, came late to the party and now want BB to hand deliver them a SB ring to their front door, as they gawk like schoolgirls at Brady.

thats the thing. I dont troll on this board. I simply call out your nonsensical comments and remind you of your lies. Seems most who engage with you do the same. It is actually quite tedious to have you following me around like a poodle trying to be me. I understand you idolize me, but give it a break and get help. Seriously.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LHNYJ. Show LHNYJ's posts

Never mind a safety. The pats are going to need a new QB real soon! Watching Tom just play his way out of MVP contention late in the year and then the egg that he laid against the Ravens ...I say draft a few QB's.

I'm a realist NOT a pats fan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

hey rkarp, just stop. you have just been humiliated, badly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

SS is a need, though the biggest need is certainly debatable.

On the positive side, this draft projects to have some depth at positions of need (DT, SS, WR, CB, etc.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Yes. JaShizzles, now TripleOG came on here about 5 months ago telling us these stories, I think it was in one of the PED discussions. He namedropped JR Redmond saying he smoked weed with him and that he sold weed to Tully Banta Cain.

No lie.

MANY, many people here saw it.

Also, recently when I mentioned it about 2 months ago when I said he was a drug dealer, he responded by saying "gotta make a living, right?", replete with a smiley face on the end of it.

It's sick to see him lie outright and try to put it back into others' faces.

The millisecond I disagree with him or point out his real agenda for these threads, he starts to lose it.

NO what is sick is how amazingly dense you are but you claim to have a high IQ!  lol...  Your Ignorance Knows NO BOUNDARIES!  I Understand(maybe others dont) that you would like to scream to whoever would listen about what you think I said because somehow you THINK this discredits me,. but like ive said before I dont care what you say about me because this a football forum and thats ALL ANYONE CARES about except for YOU!  I will repeat this ONE MORE TIME! YOU started the name calling a while back after I made you look foolish. Dont know which time it was...maybe the Darius Butler thing, so you called me droput, never went to college,etc, u know, your usual defense mechanisms. So after a while in another debate, I said "so what If I didnt go to college, if u didnt go to school for football analysis, than what makes you more informed?" You then responed with "football analysis, what does that even mean?"  I will bet on it.

As for the other stuff....Rusty, are you a drug addict?  Lets start there,. I recall you saying you partake, so why is it such noteworthy news If I mention I smoked with ex players?? Are you jealous? I mean it wasnt braggodicious. I brought it up because it was relevant. You guys hold athletes to insane standards so I pointed out they are just like us, just more athletic, but they drink, smoke, party, etc. Its no big deal to anyone who lives here. You being in South Cakky you aint bumping into any players so you are just a hater, no?  Im not worried about anyone coming to my house and arrested me for smoking 10 years ago so KEEP SHOUTING it out, you RAT! 

I would appreciate you refrian from responding to me since today you proved once agian incapable of debating and quickly resorted to personal attacks instead of using football knowledge. As Ive said earlier. Happy Trails. Good Luck finding a life, because its obvious to everyone you dont have one. Mr "I have a masters degree but Im a salesmen"  LMAO!