Stronger 2010 draft?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Stronger 2010 draft?

If 2011 draft has a payrate in place, wouldn't the 2010 draft be one of the strongest ever? There are always 10-12 juniors, who would go in that 25-40 range, who go back every year to try and be top 10-15 picks.

If they all come out, the Patriots will be sitting pretty with a late 1st and three seconds. Ready to scoop up players who would have been 10-15 picks better in years past and signing them to affordable deals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Stronger 2010 draft?

Wouldn't this be a dream come true:

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

A) We have to see what Guyton is capable of at ILB because we know what Mayo is capable of already B) One could easily argue that Spikes is the best ILB in College ball, meaning he won't fall to 25-32 range, but the 10-20 range is more likely C) There is always better value in the 2nd round and we have 3 picks; time to draft some players that can either protect the passer (Brady/ OL free agents) or rush the passer (see loss of Seymour and no exceptional pass rush OLB.....yet).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

regardless of the strength.i would love to see spikes the DE out of florida drop on the pats door step.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Stronger 2010 draft?:
    [QUOTE]A) We have to see what Guyton is capable of at ILB because we know what Mayo is capable of already B) One could easily argue that Spikes is the best ILB in College ball, meaning he won't fall to 25-32 range, but the 10-20 range is more likely C) There is always better value in the 2nd round and we have 3 picks; time to draft some players that can either protect the passer (Brady/ OL free agents) or rush the passer (see loss of Seymour and no exceptional pass rush OLB.....yet).
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

hopefully Guyton can be a kind of poor mans Roman Phifer, tall for an ILB/a lil short for a OLB. Athletic and a "system guy" providing depth and being able to play in a 3-4 or 4-3.

I doubt that Spikes would fall that far. A trade up into the teens for him would never happen, but a trade from 30 into the 23-26 range could be possible. I see him as a smarter/faster Maualuga. He'd have to run a poor 40 to drop past 25 IMO.

That's why it was a dream:-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tonalex1554. Show tonalex1554's posts

Last year's draft I believe NE traded their #1 pick, so shouldn't they have 2 #1 picks for 2010?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

NE did all sorts of finageling with both thei #1 picks and ended up with two additional 2nd rd picks in '10.

Sections
Shortcuts