Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Stunts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RantinRaven. Show RantinRaven's posts

Stunts

A lot of great Pats fans at the Skins game.  Unfortunately listening to Fan radio on the way home about the the knuckleheads who wore Pats jerseys to a bar to watch the game then ordered buttery nipples made me want to hurl. 

But I digress, I watched Derrick Burgess almost every snap he played and he's got amazing speed coming from the edge.   If the D accounted for him he didn't have any tricks to get around the big defenders.  If they didn't, Campbell was in trouble.  I didn't see them run towards him and was somewhat surprised they didn't.    

Realizing this was only a vanilla D preseason game, it still made me wonder if this defense should and could stunt?  The Pats have had a lot of trouble in the past with teams that stunt and Brady's current shoulder is the result of one.

I can't remember if BB has ever used stunts in past years?  This 4-3 is intriguing

and with Burgess and Tully maybe it's time to get more creative? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Stunts

You mean if the O accounted for him, Burgess didn't have any tricks to get around big offensive linemen?

Sections
Shortcuts