Suck 4 Luck tiebreaker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Suck 4 Luck tiebreaker

I've asked this in a few threads but haven't got an answer yet. Does the NFL have a tie breaker for the first draft pick if two teams go winless? What could it be? If it's points allowed then the Dolphins have some work to do. The Colts are leading 225 to 146.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Suck 4 Luck tiebreaker

I could be wrong on this Evil, but I thought it had to do with strength of schedule. It would be nice if it came down to a coin toss and the colts lost that coin toss. Polian would try to change the rules to best two out of three. Not sure about the point differential.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Suck 4 Luck tiebreaker:
    I could be wrong on this Evil, but I thought it had to do with strength of schedule. It would be nice if it came down to a coin toss and the colts lost that coin toss. Polian would try to change the rules to best two out of three. Not sure about the point differential.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

You're probably right. I was thinking a three legged race ( QB and coach ) the length of the field during halftime of the Super Bowl. It would be an improvement over the musical acts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I answered you in the Belichick thread but here is the rule from the NFL. TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING Clubs not participating in the playoffs shall select in the first through 20th positions in reverse standings order. The Super Bowl winner is last and Super Bowl loser is next-to-last. The losers of the Conference Championship games shall select 29th and 30th based on won-lost-tied percentage. The losers of the Divisional playoff games shall select 25th through 28th based on won-lost-tied percentage. The losers of the Wild Card games shall select 21st through 24th based on won-lost-tied percentage. If ties exist in any grouping except (2) above, such ties shall be broken by strength-of-schedule. If any ties cannot be broken by strength-of-schedule, the divisional or conference tie-breakers, if applicable, shall be applied. Any ties that still exist shall be broken by a coin flip.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Thanks. I still like the three legged race better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I've always been surprised that "head -to-head outcomes " don't apply.

I understand that sometimes you have more than 2 teams tied - but ignoring it even when there are only two participants is ridiculous.

It's actually possible that Team A could beat Team B twice and still Team A could pick earlier ( because they won a coin flip )

On a dif topic ...
    For the sake of the NFL's almighty " integrity " GODell and the NFL owners need to sit down and hammer out a weighted draft lottery system for the top 5 teams .

If INTEGRITY really meant something to the NFL , they'd impliment immediately.
     Any team that was honestly not trying to SUCK FOR LUCK wouldn't have a problem ...

Conversely any objections from the Ross / Dolphins or Polian/ Irsay crowd would  expose them for the frauds they are . )

Sections
Shortcuts