Suck for Luck Sweepstakes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes

Are Colts' fans in favor of the their team tanking to win the "Suck for Luck"  sweepstakes? You be the judge: Maybe_colts_fans_are_a_little_too_excited_about_andrew_luck_medium

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes:
    [QUOTE]     Are Colts' fans in favor of the their team tanking to win the "Suck for Luck"  sweepstakes? You be the judge:
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    The Colts are a poor excuse for a football team. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes : Well Tex, I've actually had the pleasure of seeing Luck play in person - went down to Pullman to see Stanford play WSU. I have never seen a college QB throw on the full out run - both directions - with the kind of accuracy and velocity that this guy can.  Also, we were sitting 8 rows behind the Stanford bench and Luck reminds me of TB with regard to leadership - giving the lecture to the guys when things aren't going great and rallying the guys to start playing.  And yah, I watched last nights game ... actually have seen him play a fair amount on TV as I live in the west - he has ZERO WR talent and yes a great OL, but he is the real deal, a winner.  There is not another college QB I want on the field to rally behind late in the 4th Q.  Just like TB in the pros. Conclusion Luck is the real deal, anyone who says he is over-rated or a good future NFL back-up has their head up their ....
    Posted by CanadianPat[/QUOTE]

I noticed that Luck didn't appear to have any weapons at WR, or at RB. Stanford appears to be a power running team. Luck's best weapon appears to be his huge TE.

Like you, I too am impressed by this kid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Suck for Luck Sweepstakes:
    [QUOTE]     It looks like a race between the Seahawks, Colts, and Chiefs. Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Still think the Chiefs are in it? or even the Seahawks?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I'm not the best at telling who's good in college will be good in the pro's and I've seen him play and he looks like the real deal but why is their so much hype about this guy?
    I don't remember so much hype since maybe Peyton Manning coming out of the closet but even he had Ryan Leaf and we allknow how that turned out. Luck seems like a sure bet but just wondering if someone could give opinion on why he's a sure bet?
    I'm not saying he will be a bust by any means but the way it sounds he already has a bust in canton.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes : Any team with one win is out of the race! The phins and Colts are losing on purpose,I can't prove it but I'm guessing they are both tanking,someone said it earlier they should make the phins and colts play at the end of the season for the rights to the 1rst pick in the draft,and the loser actually gets the pick!!! It would be hilarious to see to teams trying to out tank the other......I still contend that Moore is the better QB.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

That would be priceless to watch 2 teams trying to lose against each other

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Suck for Luck Sweepstakes : Still think the Chiefs are in it? or even the Seahawks?
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE] Any team with one win is out of the race! The phins and Colts are losing on purpose,I can't prove it but I'm guessing they are both tanking,someone said it earlier they should make the phins and colts play at the end of the season for the rights to the 1rst pick in the draft,and the loser actually gets the pick!!! It would be hilarious to see to teams trying to out tank the other......I still contend that Moore is the better QB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes : Any team with one win is out of the race! The phins and Colts are losing on purpose,I can't prove it but I'm guessing they are both tanking,someone said it earlier they should make the phins and colts play at the end of the season for the rights to the 1rst pick in the draft,and the loser actually gets the pick!!! It would be hilarious to see to teams trying to out tank the other......I still contend that Moore is the better QB.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Miami has stayed competitive, and come extremely close to winning their last two games. The Dolphins won't go 0-16. But, the Colts may actually pull it off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

With the Dolphins winning, the Indianapolis Colts are about to take command in the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes. Their strategy of leaving incompetent coach Jim Caldwell in charge is paying off. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Indy alone at the top at 0-9. Boy the fans in Indy must be pissed off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Indy alone at the top at 0-9. Boy the fans in Indy must be pissed off.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

does not really matter. #2 gets a decent qb in barkley. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

TP has it right - Indy is absolutely showing their true colors - a bunch of gutless cowards - much as they were 2 years ago when deliberately tanking in their last 2 games

The Colts cowardice starts at the top - with Mr Bill Polian  - and it flows like a river through their whole 53 man roster

But - unlike most gutless cowards - the Colts will be rewarded for their chicken schizz play with the 1st pick in the draft which happens to include the best QB prospect since 2004

Who will UD root for when the Colts flush Manning down the toilet - because clearly UD has been a fan of Manning and not the Colts all this time

Speaking of UD - why is not here taking his lumps ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hi folks,
    Forgive Q, he's had a few too many pops today and all of the sudden is showing his manhood by opening his mouth AFTER a colts loss. 

Q, if you want to be a real man (since this seems to be topic you like to discuss), then admit what is being proven - that Manning isn't only the best QB of his time, but ever. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsMan73. Show ColtsMan73's posts

RADIO will allow us to get the 1 pick, thank you radio, thank you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Hi folks, Forgive Q, he's had a few too many pops today and all of the sudden is showing his manhood by opening his mouth AFTER a colts loss.  Q, if you want to be a real man (since this seems to be topic you like to discuss), then admit what is being proven - that Manning isn't only the best QB of his time, but ever. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

What does the colts intentionally tanking the season to replace Choking have anything to do with his greatness?  Seems you are the only one in the world that doesn't see that they are playing (or not) for Luck.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes : What does the colts intentionally tanking the season to replace Choking have anything to do with his greatness?  Seems you are the only one in the world that doesn't see that they are playing (or not) for Luck.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]
    You are making quite an assumption there Pezz.  Can you prove it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes : You are making quite an assumption there Pezz.  Can you prove it?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Is the whole world assuming it, including the Indy fans who have come to embrace it?
    Joe Flacco and Painter have about the same Qb Rating.  The Ravens aren't 0 and anything?
    Maybe you'll get one win since the Fins won today. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

That's a pretty small world you live in Pezz.  I'd recommend other websites other than BDC or Pats related material.  It's quite interesting out there. 

Painter has thrown half as many ints as Brady.  Does that make Painter twice as good?  

Just saw tommy slam a waterbottle on the ground and walk off the field with his head down. 

Just saw belichick's goon throw more people out of bb's way.  Who does BB think he is?  Lindsay Lohan?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]That's a pretty small world you live in Pezz.  I'd recommend other websites other than BDC or Pats related material.  It's quite interesting out there.  Painter has thrown half as many ints as Brady.  Does that make Painter twice as good?   Just saw tommy slam a waterbottle on the ground and walk off the field with his head down.  Just saw belichick's goon throw more people out of bb's way.  Who does BB think he is?  Lindsay Lohan?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you be worried about your QB and coach?  Oh, that's right, you have neither.  Bet you have new ones next year, though. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]  RADIO will allow us to get the 1 pick, thank you radio, thank you.
    Posted by ColtsMan73[/QUOTE]

Well, well, well!! ColtsMan73, a/k/a HorseColt18!! How are you, my good friend? How are things in the wilds of South Carolina?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes : Shouldn't you be worried about your QB and coach?  Oh, that's right, you have neither.  Bet you have new ones next year, though. 

I'll take this response as a non-answer.  No problem.  I'd be pissed too if my team had a "genius" head coach and defensive guru, the reigning MVP, a healthy roster, and a two game losing streak. 

Where my team is concerned, yes I am very concerned.  Were missing the best QB in recent history, have plenty of injuries, a tough schedule, a coach who appears to be "glad to be there", dissention in the front office, and no wins. 

At least my team is supposed to have problems.  What's your team's excuse?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Are the Colts doing the right thing in tanking to get Luck? Absolutely. If the Patriots were in a similar position, what would you want them to do?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes : What does the colts intentionally tanking the season to replace Choking have anything to do with his greatness?  Seems you are the only one in the world that doesn't see that they are playing (or not) for Luck.

The Colts are making no active moves, such as releasing, or trading away veterans like Reggie Wayne, to "Suck for Luck". They instead are wisely employing a strategy of doing nothing to improve their team...including keeping their dead-head coach in place:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/08/colts-make-some-nondescript-roster-moves/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes :      The Colts are making no active moves, such as releasing, or trading away veterans like Reggie Wayne, to "Suck for Luck". They instead are wisely employing a strategy of doing nothing to improve their team...including keeping their dead-head coach in place: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/08/colts-make-some-nondescript-roster-moves/
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

They have to do something because when all the other owners ask Goodell for an inquiry as to W T F is going on over there, They can look Roggy in the eye and say, "we tried to fix things but we really do suck".
    Luckily, Roger will concur.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The IndyStar rejoices as the Colts all but clinched the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes. With their loss to the Jags, and Miami, Arizona, and St. Louis all picking up their second wins of the season, the Colts appear to be a lock: http://www.indystar.com/article/20111114/SPORTS03/111140321/Don-t-despair-Colts-fans-Everything-just-great-

Sections
Shortcuts