Suck for Luck Sweepstakes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes

In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes:
    [QUOTE]UD6....I feel your pain on the colts season. about Jbolt not surprised he was awol after that loss he and Jints are two peas in pod... a couple of frontrunners.
    Posted by Harleyroadking-11[/QUOTE]

true - i can live with constantly debating the meaning of pass interference and I've always respected UD(6) for taking it and dishing it right back.  Jints and PhllyPhn and JBolt all

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Statements by Tex, that I agree with:

The Colts without Manning are the worst team in the league.

The Colts' OL is mediocre at best.

DEs Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are on the down-sides of their careers, as are TE Dallas Clark, and WR Reggie Wayne.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Hey jbolt don't step too far out on that limb to agree with tex. 

The only thing that may be incorrect is that the colts are worst without manning, but if true that truly does make manning probably the best ever.  I could care less about rings if what tp says is true. 

oline has been mediocre at best for about 4 years. 

At the age of 30 yrs + for freeney and mathis and to quote mellencamp once again -

there's less days in front of the horse Than riding in the back of this cart.

They are definitely getting older but they are currently still very good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE] Dog(gggg) " How in the world would you know whether or not they had the horses?  2 years ago they were in the SB.  Last year they were the most injured team in the NFL, and should have beaten the Jets (more than I can say for the pats).  With a little health and Manning, I don't see any reason why they couldn't have been considered a contender.  Already this year the run offense and run defense have performed better.  In fact, the only thing that has been terrible is the pass offense.  I think Manning could have had a positive impact on that, but hey, what do I know, right" RESPONSE: The Colts without Manning are the worst team in the league. But, if you want to live in a fantasy world and make believe all would be well if only Peyton's neck still had some elasticity, so be it! You are such a hapless homer...LOL!!! Hapless?  Sorry if I don't think the colts are the worst team in the league without Manning.  Nothing about the colts run o and d being better than its been? Then you said: "I'll see if I can't get Polian to give you ring so that you may provide him with your expert analysis.  I am sure he's interested." RESPONSE: Sigh...I try to be civil and engage in a football discussion with you, and you have to respond with snide remarks and sarcasm...oh well. So, I take it then that you disagree about Luck being the best QB prospect since Peyton. True or false? You haven't tried to be civil in months, and your first response wasn't anything close to civil, so I don't know why you spend time trying to convince everyone else that you are something you clearly are not.  And as for Luck, his hype certainly is greater than there has been for a QB in quite sometime.  If hype is reality then I'd say you are right.  You said, " We'll only know next year whether or not he'll be able to play again with any effectiveness.  I am sure the Colts will evaluate his capability in the offseason." RESPONSE: Can the Colts' afford to gamble again on the health of a 36 year old QB, coming off three neck surgeries? I think the colts will do what they think is best for the team.  If Manning is 90-95% of himself that still makes him better than anything else they could get.  Further, I don't see evaluating his capability in the offseason as a gamble.  Please explain why you do? You said, in response to my comment that the Colts should move on from Manning,  " Couldn't disagree more.   If Manning turns out to be healthy and just as capable as before, the colts would immediately become SB contenders again.  Moving on guarantees that won't happen." RESPONSE: Again, you're living in a fantasy world. The Colts' OL is mediocre at best. The best player on their OL, Jeff Saturday, will be 35 next season. MLB Gary Brackett looks done. DEs Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are on the down-sides of their careers, as are TE Dallas Clark, and WR Reggie Wayne. The Colts' secondary is in worse shape than the Patriots' secondary. What are the odds that Peyton returns in 2012, as good as new? Isn't it as likely that he'll never play again...or won't be as effective as in years past? If the Colts get the #1 pick in 2012, don't you agree that they should take Luck? Lets see - the colts drafted 2 players they hope will be the start of a future line.  One is starting right now.  Yes there are other issues, but no one is perfect everywhere.  Brackett's replacement is currently playing, had 20+ tackles last week and looks great.  Someone forgot to tell Freeney and Mathis they were getting old last week.  At 35 Manning will be anything but "as good as new".  All he needs to be is as good as Manning in 2010 or 90% of that.  I think it makes sense to take luck if they have the #1 pick, unless Manning has proven that he is in excellent condition with no ill effects.  You than said,  " I am willing to bet that the colts won't even be in the Luck sweepstakes unless they trade up for the opportunity, which wouldn't even be possible since no one is giving away that pick." RESPONSE: Really? How many games do you expect the Colts to win this season? 5-6.  I think they win this week.  You than continued,  "If the colts were to draft Andrew Luck, I don't see a better opportunity for him than to learn from the best QB in the game." RESPONSE: First of all, we both know that Tom Brady is the best QB in the game. Secondly, how will the Colts be able to keep Peyton, while at the same time paying Luck "Cam Newton" money? That would mean that well over 25% of their cap space would be allocated to the QB position.  First comment - debateable.  Cam Newton Money is significantly less than Sam Bradford Money.  Besides, as I said, I don't think they'll be in that position.  If they are, we'll see. You closed by saying,    " I think the colts beat Tampa this week." RESPONSE: That's not out of the realm of possibility. But, I think it's more likely that the Colts lose, but cover the 10 point spread.   Could be.  Next, you asked, " Question for your TP - If the pats could draft by giving up Brady, would you do it?" RESPONSE: Unlike you, I'll give you a straight answer. First of all, your question doesn't really make sense as written.  But, I'll assume that you meant to ask, "if the Pats could trade Brady straight up for the rights to Luck, would I do it?" My response would be no, for the following reasons: 1.) Brady is the league's best QB...and shows no signs of his skills diminishing; Has Manning shown diminishing skills? 2.) Unlike the Indy QB situation, the Patriots' have talented reserve QBs, Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett, being groomed to some day take over for Tom; How do you know they are talented?  Further, assuming they are talented, how do you know they can perform when the time comes? 3.) Unlike Peyton, Tom appears to be healthy. But, if Tom had Peyton's neck troubles, I'd do the deal; ok 4.) Tom is a leader, and still dedicated to winning.  And Manning is not? Sorry for the typo - trying to do too many things at once.  If the pats could select Luck, should they.  No qualifications.  Simply yes or no. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I can see that you wish to remain the same rude, ignorant jerk that I remember. So be it. I'm not playing your childish little posting games any more. I've answered your question, clearly and concisely. Go post to yourself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Really tex, really?  I have no idea what you are talking about.  I guess this is just another effort of yours to be civil, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]The Colts should win this one. That's why they keep a loser like Caldwell around. The only people that would stick up for him are the Colts fans themselves.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]
    No, they shouldn't, game is at Tampa.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes : No, they shouldn't, game is at Tampa.

Posted by teegee[/QUOTE]

I agree, this is the first prime time TV game for the Bucs in years, and their first sellout in almost as long.  They'll be plenty motivated.  Moreover, they have more talent than Indy especially at QB.

Don't rule out the Rams for the #1 pick.  They wouldn't take Luck but they'd sure get a king's ransom for the pick, and they're suitably inept.  I still favor KC though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Colts and Dolphins appear to be the main contestants in the "Suck for Luck"  sweepstakes.

For those of you who don't know, Dolphins' QB Chad Henne injured his left shoulder last week, in his teams' loss to the San Diego Chargers. The injury requires surgery, and Henne is out for the season: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822e052f/article/henne-out-for-season-dolphins-looking-for-replacement

Back-up QB, Matt Moore will replace Henne, for now. Things are so desperate in Miami, that the 'Fins have actually contacted Jake DelHomme! Actually, signing Jake would be a brilliant move...as it would likely clinch the "Suck for Luck" competition for Miami:
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/10/report-dolphins-qb-wishlist-includes-garrard-delhomme/1?csp=34sports

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

Andrew Luck is the next David Carr.  Good Luck!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]     Colts and Dolphins appear to be the main contestants in the "Suck for Luck"  sweepstakes....     
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Luck is still a junior and to my knowledge he hasn't declared he's leaving Stanford.  I'd like to see one of those teams tank their season and "win" the first pick only to have Luck decide to go back to school.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

let's say i am the Kansas City GM and they do end up with the #1 pick, i would trade the pick being that i have cassel who performed really well last season and this season he is without all of his top weapons and has a terrible OL.  you could easily get two-first round picks and 2 second round picks and maybe a 3rd for the best QB to come out of the draft in the past 5 years.  (see julio jones trade up) they could reload on OL/DE/OLB/C/S/RB all for the price of a QB who could be better than the proven guy you have.  (leaf was supposed to be good, so was Carr, so was jamarcus russell) plus next season they will recieve all of their top offensive weapons back from IR next season. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]let's say i am the Kansas City GM and they do end up with the #1 pick, i would trade the pick being that i have cassel who performed really well last season and this season he is without all of his top weapons and has a terrible OL.  you could easily get two-first round picks and 2 second round picks and maybe a 3rd for the best QB to come out of the draft in the past 5 years.  (see julio jones trade up) they could reload on OL/DE/OLB/C/S/RB all for the price of a QB who could be better than the proven guy you have.  (leaf was supposed to be good, so was Carr, so was jamarcus russell) plus next season they will recieve all of their top offensive weapons back from IR next season. 
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

I could see that happening, if KC were to get the #1 pick. We'll soon see if this is a realistic scenario, as the Chiefs go  to Indy to play the Manning-less Colts, this Sunday. Needless to say, this will be a huge game in the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

The more I watch them play, the more I am convinced that Minnesota is determined to suck beyond all previously plumbed depths of sucking.

Oh . . .  and nate, if you really think anybody is going to go all Mike Ditka to get Andrew Luck -- trading their entire draft for a guy who might or might not be able to play in the NFL -- I would suggest you level the dosage a little bit. More power to whoever gets the pick if they can pull of such a stunt . . .  I just don't see it happening.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes :      I could see that happening, if KC were to get the #1 pick. We'll soon see if this is a realistic scenario, as the Chiefs go  to Indy to play the Manning-less Colts, this Sunday. Needless to say, this will be a huge game in the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes. 

Time to burst the bubble, Cassel sucks. He'll never have playoff success of any shape, form, or fashion. 

Have you noticed how the Clots have been in every game and then manage to choke right at the end EVERY week (except for opening day @HOU, which was handwritting on the wall time)? Peyton is NOT hurt, it's a shame. Why is #18 in the coaches box, instead of down on the field? Because, he knows Painter won't be there next year, Luck will be. Out of the kindness of his heart, old horseface doesn't want to give Painter false affirmations, so he's avoiding the issue altogether -with Irsay's approval- in the coaches box, not down on the field, like every other non-arrogant QB would do. THE COLTS WILL NOT WIN A GAME UNTIL EVERYBODY ELSE DOES, period. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes : Time to burst the bubble, Cassel sucks. He'll never have playoff success of any shape, form, or fashion.  Have you noticed how the Clots have been in every game and then manage to choke right at the end EVERY week (except for opening day @HOU, which was handwritting on the wall time)? Peyton is NOT hurt, it's a shame. Why is #18 in the coaches box, instead of down on the field? Because, he knows Painter won't there next year, Luck will be. Out of the kindness of his heart, old horseface doesn't want to give Painter false affirmations, so he's avoiding the issue altogether -with Irsay's approval- in the coaches box, not down on the field, like every other non-arrogant QB would do. THE COLTS WILL NOT WIN A GAME UNTIL EVERYBODY ELSE DOES, period. 
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

I like this post.

Given the reactionary nature of some (many?) people on this board, and the persitent presence of the once-and-future underdogg(gggg), I'm surprised this thread has turned into a full-fledged "The Fix Is In For The Colts" thread.

I'm not really sure how the NFL determines who sucks more if there isn't one, clear worst record, but I can guarantee you this right now: If this thing comes down to some kind of coin-flip situation, the Colts are going to win it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Just to follow up on the Dolphins' QB situation, they've just signed Sage Rosenfelds: http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/20726/Dolphins-agree-to-terms-with-Sage-Rosenfels/Default.aspx

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes : I like this post. Given the reactionary nature of some (many?) people on this board, and the persitent presence of the once-and-future underdogg(gggg), I'm surprised this thread has turned into a full-fledged "The Fix Is In For The Colts" thread. I'm not really sure how the NFL determines who sucks more if there isn't one, clear worst record, but I can guarantee you this right now: If this thing comes down to some kind of coin-flip situation, the Colts are going to win it.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    How come we're not getting major media updates on Peyton's supposed next injury? Because he doesn't have one. We knew he didn't have a spine, it's kinda ironic that the Clots chose the neck as his culprit, and not the lacking backbone. BTW I'm thoroughly disappointed in TEX for not including a poll in this thread.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If my Mom named me Sage, she would be off my Xmas list.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Could the St. Louis Rams challenge for the #1 overall pick?: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/06/rams-lose-amendola-and-fletcher-for-the-season/

If they win out in the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes, do they trade Sam Bradford and draft Luck?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The fate of two franchises might well be decided this Sunday, in the Chiefs @ Colts game. The winner of this game may lose a franchise-type QB, who could lead them back to respectability. Here's a video on the Colts' chances at sucking enough to get some luck, with Luck: http://www.indystar.com/videonetwork/1204561367001

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

You have an unhealthy obsession with the Colts. They blow this year so can we just enjoy not having to hear about them and Manning for once in the last 15 years. Eventually all the king horses and all the kings men will put Gomer back together again and then we can all get back to talking about the Colts, Polian, and Brady vs Manning. As for Luck, until he does something in the NFL he is just another overhyped prospect in a long line of them who were going to change the league (Reggie Bush?). I don't care who gets him, he doesn't guarantee future success to any team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Lucks a junior isnt he? last year he didnt declare cause he knew the panthers would have the first pick. Maybe he wouldnt want to play for the clots and come back for his sr year. Its not like it'll effect his salary. One year cause the wage scale. He will wait till the end of the season and see where he could go. That shoud be decided by dec. He's going to have to be the savior like Newton is being. Might aswell go where you want to play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Dolphins are coming on strong in the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes. They could challenge the Colts and the Rams for the league's worst record: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/07/searching-for-hope-in-miami/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]     Dolphins are coming on strong in the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes. They could challenge the Colts and the Rams for the league's worst record: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/07/searching-for-hope-in-miami/

I'd like to see Luck out of the division

I haven't seen too much spectacular from him, but just in case.  I think he'd be great in Minnesota with Harvin and Peterson.

I also think a healthy Moaeki, Bowe, and a healthy Jamaal Charles would be a good fit for him in Kansas City, but they won a game.  Maybe they'll lose to the Colts this week...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Big showdown this weekend between KC and Indy.

I say it comes down to MINN vs. MIA.  Those teams both play in tough divisions, where as KC gets DEN twice.  Maybe Denver is dark horse.... Luck hands off to Tebow.

I couple people mentioned Cinci?  They already have 2 wins and a pretty light schedule, I'd be surprised if they don't win at least 6.