Suck for Luck Sweepstakes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes

In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes:
    In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes : The game against KC was downright obvious. Watch it close ( I did), after they got up 17-0 it was all about intential non-tackling.  I think the league should step in and fine Irsay. This is a freakin' joke. “Guys like that come along so rarely,” Irsay said, referring to Manning and what many are projecting of Luck. The Stanford senior is already widely considered a near-lock to be the No. 1 overall pick. “Even if that means that guy sits for three or four years, you’d certainly think about taking him … you see what Green Bay did with [Brett] Favre and [Aaron] Rodgers and you’d like to be able to do the same thing.” Yours truly stated this was what Irsay was thinking about a month ago. Now he actually says it. He honestly believes Indy is in the same league of 'football heritage' as GB. Makes me want to vomit.
    Posted by jbolted

Bolt and All...guess what? The sainted Commissioner has given Irsay a pass on his comments on Luck, cited in my post above...in which he clearly enticed Luck to enter the draft. Can you imagine the uproar from the media if BB got such a pass?:

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

I think it would be a hoot if Luck decides to stay for his senior year at Stanford.
    Posted by jonbam

would be awesome! but almost no qb as good as he does that. and when they do, they are questioned for it. probabaly 99% to 1% that he comes out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Colts take another step forward in the "Suck for Luck" battle: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/15/colts-downgrade-addai-castonzo-nevis-to-out-for-week-six/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

lol look at this comment:

1972wasalongtimeago says:Oct 15, 2011 8:59 PM

Well played, Colts. We can tell you’re taking the Luck Sweepstakes seriously.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Did you guys see Garcon cough up the ball at the end? I know the Colts suck with or without Manning, but, this is ridiculous. They've brought intential suckdom to a new level. Yet another tank job at the end for the Colts. seriously, did anybody else see it? 

The Vikes, the Rams and the fish are still in this thing. How funny would that be to see UD's Colts go 2-14 and NOT get Luck. 

I still say, THE COLTS WILL NOT WIN A GAME UNTIL EVERYBODY ELSE DOES 

TANKJOB

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

lol I've never seen a team keep games so close only to lose on the last drive because of a turn over or defensive gaft so much in my life. It's comical at this point. You can really tell the Colts want Luck bad. Now the Phins will have to look pretty bad too. The wild card though is the Rams. The value of the Luck pick is tremendous. Rams could tank it and sell to the Seahawks for a kings ransom. They could completely rebuild with two 2nds, 2 3rds this year, two 1st and two 2nds next year too if they sold to the right team. And, those would most likely be top 10 picks lol

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

lol I've never seen a team keep games so close only to lose on the last drive because of a turn over or defensive gaft so much in my life. It's comical at this point. You can really tell the Colts want Luck bad. Now the Phins will have to look pretty bad too. The wild card though is the Rams. The value of the Luck pick is tremendous. Rams could tank it and sell to the Seahawks for a kings ransom. They could completely rebuild with two 2nds, 2 3rds this year, two 1st and two 2nds next year too if they sold to the right team. And, those would most likely be top 10 picks lol
    Posted by PatsEng

Yes...the white flag has been raised in Indy. The Colts are in fulled fledged "Suck for Luck" mode: http://www.indystar.com/article/20111017/SPORTS03/110170335/Kravitz-Well-guess-s-true-lose-1-guy-lose-season 

After seeing the above article, I'm sure that "The Dog(gggg)" will spin the Colts' joke of a season as proof of the greatness of his horse-faced hero. But, the truth is that the Colts are old...their OL, DL, and secondary all suck...and the alleged head coach knows football like Bo knows brain surgery. Don't forget that the Colts struggled to win 10 last season. So...even with Mr. Wonderful at the helm, the Colts might have struggled to win 9 games this season.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Prediction:

Indy will be encouraged by the commissioner in their tanking efforts and after they secure Andrew Luck, he will then institute some sort of hedge against tanking, like a draft lottery.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

One of my biggest sports related pet peeves is when teams delibarately tank. It defeats the whole purpose of sports. To me, this would easily be the most underhanded and cynical thing Napolian has ever done.

Would secretly love it if the Colts got 2nd or 3rd overall.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hey good shot of that happening Hanna. One of the tie breakers is strength of schedule. If you are a team that stinks and you face bad competition and still stink you need more help then the team that faced good competition. So, the NFL in all it's wisdom stated that the team with the worst strength of schedule gets the lower pick.

So if the Rams and Phins continue to blow it (which there is a good shot of both) they would get the lower pick then the Colts right now lol. Ohh that would be just to good.

I kind of wish that we traded our 1st last year to Indy instead of NO now though. Talk about a kick in the balls that would be

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I do not believe for one second any team is purposefully tanking any games. How would that work? Irsay going to the locker room telling players to miss tackles and throw interceptions? That would go over well, and all the players would just accept the impending loss of any contract value to help the greater good. Just because the words "luck" and "suck" rhyme this BS has caught on. I can't see how anyone who has ever played competitive sports at any level could buy into this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I do not believe for one second any team is purposefully tanking any games. How would that work? Irsay going to the locker room telling players to miss tackles and throw interceptions? That would go over well, and all the players would just accept the impending loss of any contract value to help the greater good.

RESPONSE: Keeping the "Polian Puppet", Jim Caldwell, as head coach is one way to ensure that the Colts will continue to lose. The guy is incompetent, and is not respected by his players...ever since he bent to Polian's wishes, and pulled the plug on the Colts chances of a perfect season, in 2009. 
         In 2008, after losing Tom Brady for that season, BB was still able to guide the Pats to an 11 win season. Obviously, Caldwell is no Belichick.

Just because the words "luck" and "suck" rhyme this BS has caught on. I can't see how anyone who has ever played competitive sports at any level could buy into this.

RESPONSE: I agree that the Indy players aren't trying to lose every game they play. But, I wouldn't put it past Polian to do whatever is necessary to keep his team losing this year. This can be done by keeping his stooge, Caldwell, as head coach. Polian can then freely interfere with personnel decisions and game plans, whenever he sees fit. 
    Posted by shenanigan

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

what happens on week 10 when jax who could be 1-8 by then is playing the colts who could be 0-9? at that point, couldn't jax play to lose too. then on week colts and jax could be playing each other with both of them having 1-14 records. now that could be interesting. that's assuming of course that neither stl nor mia has zero wins. 

like it or not though, there could be three zero win teams by end of the reg season -- mia, stl and ind -- because they won't have to play each other. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

...The Funny thing is that there are no Guarantees with QBs. Just see Andre Ware, Rick Mirer, Ryan Leaf, David Klingler and 1000s more. ...
    Posted by Rerun85

are those guys as intelligent as luck? i know leaf is not. 

in addition to intelligence which is needed in today's game given how thick the play book has become...

accuracy at least equal to brees
    legs/mobility at least equal to mcnabb back in his best days in phi
    arm strength at least equal to rodgers coming out of school?

i may be wrong in one of what i said but pretty close. he's as good as a top pick could get.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes : are those guys as intelligent as luck? i know leaf is not.  in addition to intelligence which is needed in today's game given how thick the play book has become... accuracy at least equal to brees legs/mobility at least equal to mcnabb back in his best days in phi arm strength at least equal to rodgers coming out of school? i may be wrong in one of what i said but pretty close. he's as good as a top pick could get.
    Posted by seattlepat70

Ryan leaf had a 27 on the wonderlic one of the highest scores.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

If the Fins and Colts both go 0-16 what's the tiebreaker for the 1st pick? They could have a mini game like college overtime as the half time show during the Super Bowl fir the pick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Add the Dolphins to the sweepstakes. At least Henne gave them a shot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

If the Fins and Colts both go 0-16 what's the tiebreaker for the 1st pick? They could have a mini game like college overtime as the half time show during the Super Bowl fir the pick.
    Posted by Evil2012

Might be entertaining. Although, with the way those two teams are playing, probably won't be.

The tiebreaker would be determined by strength of schedule. Basically, looking at the number of wins their opponents have. 

Just based on an eyeball test, it looks like the Colts have the easier schedule (and the weaker division), so the Colts would end up with the 1st pick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Hey good shot of that happening Hanna. One of the tie breakers is strength of schedule. If you are a team that stinks and you face bad competition and still stink you need more help then the team that faced good competition. So, the NFL in all it's wisdom stated that the team with the worst strength of schedule gets the lower pick. So if the Rams and Phins continue to blow it (which there is a good shot of both) they would get the lower pick then the Colts right now lol. Ohh that would be just to good. I kind of wish that we traded our 1st last year to Indy instead of NO now though. Talk about a kick in the balls that would be
    Posted by PatsEng

pleasant thought eng.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

indy and miami look like thet are not trying, even if they are.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

it doesnt look good right now for ne. the afc teams are very in the running and in the nfc, the rams that have no need and can get multiple picks blowing everyones board. best scenario at the momnet looks like minn. i dont know if they are as vested in losing as the colts (do they keep manning out the year even if he gets clearance and wants to play at eh end of the season?) and the dolphins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

it doesnt look good right now for ne. the afc teams are very in the running and in the nfc, the rams that have no need and can get multiple picks blowing everyones board. best scenario at the momnet looks like minn. i dont know if they are as vested in losing as the colts (do they keep manning out the year even if he gets clearance and wants to play at eh end of the season?) and the dolphins.
    Posted by brdbreu

The Vikings won't get Luck. They've shot themselves in the foot already by winning a game...and will likely win at least one more before the seasons' done. But Indy, Miami, and St. Louis all have legitimate shots at "running the table", at 0-16. Should that be the case, my understanding is that either St. Louis or Miami will get the #1 overall pick...depending on which team played the "weaker" schedule.

The 'Fins have a "threat" next weekend, as they play the horrible Denver Broncos at home.   

Sections
Shortcuts