Suck for Luck Sweepstakes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes

As of right now here's where teams would pick on strength of schedule for teams with <2wins (noting weak teams left to play):

#1 Stl - Ari x 2, Sea x 2
    #2 Ind - Jax x 2, Car
    #3 Mia - Den, KC
    #4 Ari - Stl x 2, Sea
    #5 Jax - Ind x 2, Cle
    #6 Car - Min, Ind
    #7 Min - Car, Den
    #8 Den - Mia, Min, KC x 2

If I were a betting man I'd bet Jax will lose to Indy at least once and Stl will win a couple. Mia might not win all year and Ari might also not win another game.

My best guess on the final draft picks:

#1 Mia (gets Luck with a great OL not good for us)
    #2 Jax (just misses out)
    #3 Ind (boobie prize)
    #4 Ari
    #5 Stl
    #6 Min
    #7 Car
    #8 Den

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes:
    As of right now here's where teams would pick on strength of schedule for teams with <2wins (noting weak teams left to play): #1 Stl - Ari x 2, Sea x 2 #2 Ind - Jax x 2, Car #3 Mia - Den, KC #4 Ari - Stl x 2, Sea #5 Jax - Ind x 2, Cle #6 Car - Min, Ind #7 Min - Car, Den #8 Den - Mia, Min, KC x 2 If I were a betting man I'd bet Jax will lose to Indy at least once and Stl will win a couple. Mia might not win all year and Ari might also not win another game. My best guess on the final draft picks: #1 Mia (gets Luck with a great OL not good for us) #2 Jax (just misses out) #3 Ind (boobie prize) #4 Ari #5 Stl #6 Min #7 Car #8 Den
    Posted by PatsEng

still rooting against in-division and in-conference and against teams that dont need a qb. so minn gets my prayers. if any team wins 0 games that would be just shameful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

As of right now here's where teams would pick on strength of schedule for teams with <2wins (noting weak teams left to play): #1 Stl - Ari x 2, Sea x 2 #2 Ind - Jax x 2, Car #3 Mia - Den, KC #4 Ari - Stl x 2, Sea #5 Jax - Ind x 2, Cle #6 Car - Min, Ind #7 Min - Car, Den #8 Den - Mia, Min, KC x 2 If I were a betting man I'd bet Jax will lose to Indy at least once and Stl will win a couple. Mia might not win all year and Ari might also not win another game. My best guess on the final draft picks: #1 Mia (gets Luck with a great OL not good for us) #2 Jax (just misses out) #3 Ind (boobie prize) #4 Ari #5 Stl #6 Min #7 Car #8 Den
    Posted by PatsEng

Although St. Louis has a weak schedule, their QB, Sam Bradford, just suffered the "dreaded" high ankle sprain. He supposedly is going to try to play in Dallas this weekend. But, he has the type of injury that tends to linger...and to worsen, if in fact he keeps trying to play on it. This is something to keep  an eye on. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The worst thing that the teams "contending" in the "Suck  for Luck" sweepstakes can do is to fire their current head coaches. The Colts would be wise to wallow with Caldwell...and the 'Fins should continue to circle the drain with Sparano.

Yet, rumor has it that if the 'Fins lose to the Tim Tebow led Denver Broncos this Sunday, that it's curtains for Sparano: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/18/2460714/tony-sparanos-future-with-miami.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The worst thing that the teams "contending" in the "Suck  for Luck" sweepstakes can do is to fire their current head coaches. The Colts would be wise to wallow with Caldwell...and the 'Fins should continue to circle the drain with Sparano.      Yet, rumor has it that if the 'Fins lose to the Tim Tebow led Denver Broncos this Sunday, that it's curtains for Sparano: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/18/2460714/tony-sparanos-future-with-miami.html
    Posted by TexasPat3

the 'Fins should continue to circle the drain CLASSIC

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

this is going to get more interesting as time passes

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

The worst thing that the teams "contending" in the "Suck  for Luck" sweepstakes can do is to fire their current head coaches. The Colts would be wise to wallow with Caldwell...and the 'Fins should continue to circle the drain with Sparano.      Yet, rumor has it that if the 'Fins lose to the Tim Tebow led Denver Broncos this Sunday, that it's curtains for Sparano: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/18/2460714/tony-sparanos-future-with-miami.html
    Posted by TexasPat3

tex,thats why ive been rooting for the fins to replace sparano

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

So the Suck for Luck super bowl is coming up btwn denver and miami

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

So the Suck for Luck super bowl is coming up btwn denver and miami
    Posted by patthepatriot666

No...not a "Suck for Luck" SB. Just a "Suck for Luck" playoff game...LOL!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

As I stated way back in the beginning of this thread the Colts would tank and win the Suck for Luck sweepstakes! However the Fins aren't out of it by any means...Just one more thing about the Luck contest he's not the best QB coming out in this years draft Kellen Moore is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

Less Is Moore Sweepstakes?

As I stated way back in the beginning of this thread the Colts would tank and win the Suck for Luck sweepstakes! However the Fins aren't out of it by any means...Just one more thing about the Luck contest he's not the best QB coming out in this years draft Kellen Moore is.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Though the Miami Dolphins dodged a bullet yesterday in barely losing to the Broncos, the Colts had a "statement game", with their 62-7 loss at new Orleans. Don't forget that the St. Louis Rams are also out there...laying in the weeds. Losing QB Sam Bradford to a high ankle sprain is a step in the right direction for them. 

Here are the remaining schedules of the "Big Three":

1.) Miami Dolphins: Bye week, @ NY Giants; @ Kansas City; Washington; Buffalo; @ Dallas; Oakland; Philadelphia; @ Buffalo; @ New England; Jets.

2.) Indianapolis Colts: @ Tennessee; Atlanta; Jacksonville; Carolina; @ New England, @ Baltimore, Tennessee.

3.) St. Louis Rams: New Orleans; @ Arizona; @ Cleveland; Seattle; Arizona; @ San Francisco; @ Seattle, Cincinnati; @ Pittsburgh, San Francisco.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The league should make the Colts and Dolphins play this year.

Roger, this is a freakin' joke. You should be ashamed of yourself for allowing this to happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Andrew Luck ....my first view of him. I chose to not start a new thread on Andrew Luck.

Luck is the real deal ...3 youtube videos worth watching

50 yard completion falling down
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMz9nwy7yYc&feature=related

QB keeper and lightning fast run to a TD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xvH2c1atiE&feature=related

Luck outruns CBs ...Takes a hard hit to the head and then scores
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LSDefgIFNg

Stanford owns the nation’s longest win streak at 15. They have set a record by winning the last 10 games by 25 points or more. Consider this. Since 1936, when the AP poll was introduced, there have been 370 win streaks of at least 10 games. Stanford’s streak is the only one in which the margin of victory has been 25 or more in each game.

Note to Indy and Miami: ..... Tank!!!!Keep your coaches!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Just great, so the Phins and the Colts are both in the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes.

I don't want Luck on either team!

I think the Colts will blow their chances to get Luck by putting Manning in by December where they will win at least one game.

Miami truly looks like they can go 0-16 and not really care. Coach is about to get fired, they are using a backup QB that is incompetent, D has looked terrible.

I don't want Luck in the division!

smh...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

The league should make the Colts and Dolphins play this year. Roger, this is a freakin' joke. You should be ashamed of yourself for allowing this to happen.
    Posted by jbolted

Poor jbolts worried that without a decent QB, like Luck, he may no longer have his beloved Chargers in SD. 

Chargers haven't had a decent QB since Fouts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Just great, so the Phins and the Colts are both in the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes. I don't want Luck on either team! I think the Colts will blow their chances to get Luck by putting Manning in by December where they will win at least one game. Miami truly looks like they can go 0-16 and not really care. Coach is about to get fired, they are using a backup QB that is incompetent, D has looked terrible. I don't want Luck in the division! smh...
    Posted by GadisRKO

Let the Colts get him. They still won't win. They have to get rid of Caldwell and the Polians in order to properly rebuild. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

We're all going to feel pretty silly when this Luck kid turns out to be the second coming of David Klingler.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

We're all going to feel pretty silly when this Luck kid turns out to be the second coming of David Klingler.
    Posted by p-mike

For those of you who haven't seen Luck play much, if at all...tune in tonight on ABC at 8 p.m., and catch the Stanford @ USC game. It's a battle between two of the best QBs in college...Matt Barkley for USC, and Andrew Luck for Stanford. It's a great opportunity for y'all to see if there's something to all the Luck hype.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

After the INT, he handled himself good. Didn't get raddled, liked the fire in the eyes, to bring team back. It was a great game. He has a bright future.
    Posted by bobbysu

Agreed. That's the thing that impressed me the most about him, too. It reminded me of Tom Brady.

About 4 years ago, I went to Texas Stadium to see the Pats play against the Cowboys, during the Pats' unbeaten 2007 season. During that game, Tom got blind-sided and fumbled...and the fumble was scooped up and returned for a Dallas TD. Thereafter, I watch Tom sitting on the ground, watching the Dallas score, as the fans in the stadium went nuts! He slowly got up, and calmly, unemotionally, walked to the sidelines.

I then predicted to the five Cowboys' fans that I was with, that Tom would march the Pats right down the field for an answering. Sure enough, after the Patriots took the ensuing kickoff, the "Terrific One" led his team on a methodical 12 play, 72 yard TD drive...like nothing had happened.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Did any of you watch the Stanford USC triple OT game last night? Based on what you saw, do you think it's worth it for a hapless team to strive to "Suck for Luck"? 
    Posted by TexasPat3

TP

(I saw the second half)

It is never good to strive to fail.

That said, Luck composes himself well, handles pressure well, has good vision, pocket presence, has great escapabability, can run like the best of any QB's and is accurate. But, I have questions about his arm strength and ability to shoot lazer like rockets in between defenders.

Most of all, it is bad karma to plan to fail. There are just too many things that can go wrong with the choice to fail and life is filled with continued numerous inconsistencies. The negative "what if's" equal the positive ones. If I were Miami, Indy, StLouis or anyone else I would play to win each week and let the chips fall where they may. Things will work in the end for them as long as they focus on improving, not on failing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

In Response to Re: Suck for Luck Sweepstakes :      For those of you who haven't seen Luck play much, if at all...tune in tonight on ABC at 8 p.m., and catch the Stanford @ USC game. It's a battle between two of the best QBs in college...Matt Barkley for USC, and Andrew Luck for Stanford. It's a great opportunity for y'all to see if there's something to all the Luck hype.
    Posted by TexasPat3

Well Tex, I've actually had the pleasure of seeing Luck play in person - went down to Pullman to see Stanford play WSU. I have never seen a college QB throw on the full out run - both directions - with the kind of accuracy and velocity that this guy can.  Also, we were sitting 8 rows behind the Stanford bench and Luck reminds me of TB with regard to leadership - giving the lecture to the guys when things aren't going great and rallying the guys to start playing. 

And yah, I watched last nights game ... actually have seen him play a fair amount on TV as I live in the west - he has ZERO WR talent and yes a great OL, but he is the real deal, a winner.  There is not another college QB I want on the field to rally behind late in the 4th Q.  Just like TB in the pros.

Conclusion Luck is the real deal, anyone who says he is over-rated or a good future NFL back-up has their head up their ....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Did any of you watch the Stanford USC triple OT game last night? Based on what you saw, do you think it's worth it for a hapless team to strive to "Suck for Luck"? 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Watched Luck last night. he's ready to start on any team that needs a QB. He definitely needs to shave his neck, or else he'll being making Geico commericals.

Sections
Shortcuts