Suddenly, a new phrase has entered the running...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Suddenly, a new phrase has entered the running...

I read that too a few minutes ago and the kid sounds promising. I think there's a line between being a great person and a great football player. It's rare to find someone that's both. Clearly, the Patriots are targeting good people that happen to fit into our system. Let's hope this guy pans out. You seen any film on him?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Suddenly, a new phrase has entered the running...:
    [QUOTE]I read that too a few minutes ago and the kid sounds promising. I think there's a line between being a great person and a great football player. It's rare to find someone that's both. Clearly, the Patriots are targeting good people that happen to fit into our system. Let's hope this guy pans out. You seen any film on him?
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCsXWwTdhlA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

Let's hope that he will turn out to be better than Crable, Woods or Vince Redd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I would compare him to Vince Redd.

There were so many people that got teir hopes up, and the fact is that the vast, vast majority o the late day hangers and UDFAs end up just like Vince Redd.

I actually had someone here yelling at me about how Redd was perfect and would be the next big star the Pats had. It is odd how delusional some folks can get about players based on triangle numbers that sort of match and the fact that their favorite team called that player's number on draft day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

Looks like he uses speed and finesse which is probably why he might struggle against the run, if he can be effective on 3rd down passing situations I think he's got a spot on this roster, if he's good a at special teams that would be icing on the cake.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

So is he a younger TBC and TBC could be gone if he doesn't take a salary cut?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

carter does sound a lot like vince redd in terms of measurables and "potential". and redd looked good in practice, until the real bullets started flying. but one thing about carter is that he had production on the field, even though it was against lesser competition. that was one thing about redd, he never got any production on the field in college either as i recall. 
    but either way, he is a project and is probably not going to be ready to do a whole lot this year, like the rest of this draft. but hopefully he can show some promise if we ever get training camp. meantime i guess he can babysit to earn some extra cash. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonMex2. Show RonMex2's posts

People are going to love Vereen ...I aw some good videoo at 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Funny thing Merriweather, Butler and Chung all looked great on those youtube videos also.  Who knew we were actually getting the 3 DB's of the Apocalypse

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Carter was picked specifically because he has great intangibles and no experience at linebacker.  If he excels in August, he makes the team.  If he does about as well as expected, he gets cut, no other team wants to waste a roster spot on him, and he falls to the practice squad.  Then he's a backup option, experienced in the Patriots' defense, and he'll be around to blossom in 2012.

No way is this guy going to start this year.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts