Suggestion for the moderators

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

Suggestion for the moderators

Is their a way to have an ignore not just by name but by IP address as well?  That would solve the multiple names problem.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Suggestion for the moderators

As nice as that would be they have trouble keeping a banned poster IP from making a new account and multiple new accounts let alone tieing it to the ignore button

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

I have always thought it would be cool to be able to reverse ban. The owner of the post could restrict certain members from taking part. If they made a new ID ban that one from being able to post in your thread(s)as well...I think those who started being unable to post on members thread would get pretty board and perhaps clean it up.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"They should ban by IP #...that's the only way to rid this board from the scourge of BUSTCHISE and IT's extended family, of which Fletcherbrook is one."

Banning by IP doesn't work, anyone on the road can log in from all kinds of IPs, and there are ways to mask IPs as well. 

I actually think banning aggressively by email address would work pretty well. The problem is that the banning is not aggressive enough once an individual with aliases is identified. It's a pain to set up and memorize tons of emails and log ins, so aggressive banning of an individual's emails would force them to set up and manage more and more addresses, which is a pain on mobile devices in particular. 

(This coming from someone (me) who has had one ID since I started here and only only)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have always thought it would be cool to be able to reverse ban. The owner of the post could restrict certain members from taking part. If they made a new ID ban that one from being able to post in your thread(s)as well...I think those who started being unable to post on members thread would get pretty board and perhaps clean it up.

[/QUOTE]

That is the way to go as I have suggested before.

Better than that, tying accounts to an ISP e-mail for verification would put a stop to banned posters returning endlessly. (Sure, you can get several e-mails from an ISP, but there is a limit.)

From the looks of things, actual code writers for this site are a meager resource, so I wouldn't expect any significant changes along these lines in our lifetime.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I actually think banning aggressively by email address would work pretty well. The problem is that the banning is not aggressive enough once an individual with aliases is identified. It's a pain to set up and memorize tons of emails and log ins, so aggressive banning of an individual's emails would force them to set up and manage more and more addresses, which is a pain on mobile devices in particular. 

[/QUOTE]

That's why you only allow e-mails from ISPs for verification. Other sites do exactly that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is their a way to have an ignore not just by name but by IP address as well?  That would solve the multiple names problem.

[/QUOTE]

Can't really ban by IP address.  OK, it's technically possible, but it won't give you what you are seeking.  Few people pay for and have static IP addresses.  Your IP address today will most certainly be different this time next week.  Also, users on a network using NAT share the same public IP address.

The Gang Green forum uses a complex algorithm to ban users.  They use the most sophisticated banning techniques I have even seen on a public forum.  It was extremely difficult to bypass when they banned me for razzing them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They should ban by IP #...that's the only way to rid this board from the scourge of BUSTCHISE and IT's extended family, of which Fletcherbrook is one...otherwise, lil' babies, if you can't handle the heat, press the IGNORE button..what are you, 3 years old...be an adult...stand up for yourself...SHEESH...this crying happens every month...

[/QUOTE]

Your a funny boy. Go have another zima , buffoon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

True, Mel. But, there was a time I'd set the trap for him, get him all riled up and then he's slip up out of character, where he'd forget who he was signed in as. Then, his new poseur board name he thinks he was so cute in creating, became compromised.

Remember his "Bejesus" moniker? I knew it was him.  The Bustchise one was especially fun to expose because I knew what he was doing.

The fact he had that one back in 2011 already admitting Sanchez was a bust, was priceless. He's spend months and months in here defending Sanchez as Phat Rex, and then bounced around as Bustchise, posing as a Pats fan.

Cannot be made up. The mental illness is so bad, I am not even sure there is a diagnosis for it.

[/QUOTE]

Talking to your self again.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They should ban by IP #...that's the only way to rid this board from the scourge of BUSTCHISE and IT's extended family, of which Fletcherbrook is one...otherwise, lil' babies, if you can't handle the heat, press the IGNORE button..what are you, 3 years old...be an adult...stand up for yourself...SHEESH...this crying happens every month...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, Bustchise. Grab youself a wine cooler. Gee, that Zima line is a Bustchise special.

Ironically, I could probably drink you under the table and it won't be with Zimas.

[/QUOTE]

Ok Mel's Twit. That would be a proud, life accomplishment for you? Joke.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Ironically, I could probably drink you under the table and it won't be with Zimas.

[/QUOTE]

Proud you're a drunk dumbkoff?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Actually, I wish they would restore the name of the OP to the list of discussions.  Couldn't care less who posts, it is their right, and I can simply ignore and not reply.  Besides, a good laugh a day is good for the soul.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds great, Bustchise. Grab youself a wine cooler. Gee, that Zima line is a Bustchise special.

[/QUOTE]

Ok Mel's Twit. That would be a proud, life accomplishment for you? Joke.

[/QUOTE]

Anyone who thinks that Mel and myself are the same person is either:

1. Dumb

2. A troll trying to play me off as someone who does what you do, Bustchise, and created here.

You creating different board names is a Bustchise trait.

No one else does it who is a Pats fan. 

[/QUOTE]

Ok Mel's twit.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Proud you're a drunk dumbkoff?

[/QUOTE]

Not a drunk at all. Just have those good English genes and a high tolerance.  Your reading comprehension is very poor.

Then again, if all you read is the Bible brainwashing yourself off a storybook, you might not be a very bright individual anyway.

bwahah

[/QUOTE]

^ Look everybody, the drunk calls the Bible a "storybook". Get help psycho.

Sections
Shortcuts