Suggestion..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Suggestion..........

I know he has been here for a while but I think its time we get rid of Matt Light. I think we should trade him for a 2nd rounder and send that to the Cardinals for Boldin. I think Light has become a liability in pass coverage .............especially Bradys blindside............Vollmer owns that spot now whether Light likes it or not.............

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

Re: Suggestion..........

I understand whwere you're going with this and its not a bad idea. I agree that SeaBass is going to be a force if he can stay healthy.  Personally, Id rather see thee Pats pick up a CB or LB with anything they acquire for a hypothetical Light trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

you would be surprised . Look at Oakland . They got Seymour for a 1st rounder. If they don't franchise him or sign him , he is gone .....and they got one year out of him for there 1st rounder in 2011. Moss went for a third rounder..........Call Al Davis.....you never know.....either way Light has to go ...he makes to much and is a liability even more.........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Me too Drums.........I think they can get something for him.......2nd or third........can't cover Bradys blindside anymore..........he gets beat all the time..........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

~Ya know, I had for some time, originally also echoed ipats sentiments about moving Matt Light from left offensive tackle, to right OT.  So many needs on this team as is, and with Both our starting Offensive Guards as Free Agents this year, And subsequently- Having a young (although excellent) Sebastian Vollmer as the Starting Left O-Tackle, WITH 2 potentially different starting Offensive Guards (and perhaps, either 1 or both being rookies or 2nd year guys), WITH the possibility of either Matt Light @ a different positional line spot @ ROT (or yet another totally different right tackle and again, possibly another rookie/2nd year guy)...AND NOW we're "poentially" talking 4 out of 5 Total Offensive Lineman either as new starting O-lineman or completely new players N.E.'s using in order to protect Tom Brady's 1-year-removed rebuilt knee...  Scary.

~YET, perhaps an equally scary thing is what I just did when Eason11 made mention that Light was expensive...  So this got me wondering Exactly What Matt Light's 2010 Salary actually was...ready for this?  $4,500,000.  Some perspective here: 2 current N.E. Patriot players make more than that (for 2010)...Randy Moss & Adalius Thomas-(who makes 400 grand more and is G-O-N-E).  And yes, Matt Light will make more than Tom Brady this year.  But see, check THIS stat out: 
         Due to a workout bonus that Isn't actually included in the Overall Team Salary Cap, IF Matt Light is cut or traded too, BEFORE June 1st, 2010...The Salary Cap Savings (re: savings NOT salary cap "hit"), for New England would be:  $4,507,280.  So, yes...Kraft would be able to pocket every single dime of that whopping salary back in pocket PLUS (in order to use...well, "perhaps" in order to use on other players in Draft/FA/ and/or, resigning/restructuring/extending current ones)...     

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I thought Lights salary was high around 4.5 or so. He won't make more then Brady this year because they will redo Bradys deal before the season starts. Light is a liabilty because he protects Bradys blindside and he gets beat constantly by speed rushers.......other teams may want to move him around and play him at other positions......thats all I meant by that.........Bradys blinside is no longer his strong suit......he needs to go .........before Brady gets him other leg broken..........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

At this point ML has very little value and a 2nd is about 6 to high.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

all right all right.........we may not get a two but something is better then nothing.......bottom line is .....I would be shocked to see Light in camp with this team..........to high of salary ..bad skills

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Didn't Matt get the "mark of death" "Player Rep" title this year? He's definitely a goner.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Vollmer should be playing LT next yr - I agree with this thread and if those salary numbers are correct (thanks btw!) wow - yeah, Light will prob. be cut before june 1st OR much earlier than that - I think the Pats are going to cut in places they can --to hopefully 'really' go for it! (In other words, sign big name players)...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Imagine how awesome it would have been if we had drafted Oher and Seabass last year ... that would have been awesome.

Sections
Shortcuts