Suggs not the only one upset in Baltimore....lol

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Suggs not the only one upset in Baltimore....lol

Ravens Insider

Posted by Kevin Van Valkenburg      kevin.vanvalkenburg@baltsun.com

www.baltimoresun.com/media/thumbnails/htmlstory/2009-12/51088585-15061340.jpg" alt="" width="143" height="105" />

Five Things We Learned in the Ravens' 23-20 loss

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/10/five_things_we_learned_in_the_ravens_2320_loss.html
    )
    (One thing from "5 things learned from the loss:)

4. Tom Brady is a great quarterback who makes big plays in crucial moments. If I had one game to win, and the fate of the world depended on it, I might pick him to be my quarterback. Now, all that said, let me also point out that he's turned into the one of the game's biggest whiners.

I'll make this brief. I really don't care about Brady's ridiculous haircut.

If he wants to look like David Cassidy on The Partridge Family, or as Bill Simmons pointed out, like he and Gisele are way, waaaay too into HBO's True Blood, that's his business. It would actually be fun to have a long-haired quarterback in a league so rigid about conformity.

Brady%20hair.jpg Cassidy.jpg True%20Blodd%20Moyer.jpg

But the little tantrums he throws and cheap shots he takes when he doesn't get his way are getting ridiculous. Leave that to Philip Rivers, please.

Neither Jim Nantz nor Phil Simms saw it, so it didn't get much attention on the television broadcast, but in the first half, on the reverse to Brandon Tate, Brady clearly tried to dive at Terrell Suggs' knee when Suggs was well behind the play. I'm not even positive Suggs saw it happen, because Brady mostly missed, but for a guy who had a major knee injury of his own, that was bush league. Yes, I know it's borderline legal, but it's weak. And I'd say the same thing if Peyton Manning or Drew Brees or Joe Flacco did it. He tried to do it again in the second half to Dawan Landry on a similar play, but thought better of it.

Between his intentionally low knee blocks and Brandon Meriweather's blatant spearing of Todd Heap, it was not exactly the Pats' finest hour. (I still can't believe Meriweather wasn't ejected. He should have been. It was reminiscent of some of Chuck Cecil's dirtiest work. He'll likely be heavily fined.) Boston media reports were claiming Michael Oher punched someone at the bottom of a pile and it went unnoticed, and though I didn't see it, I don't have a hard time believing it because he had to be frustrated by how poorly he was playing. But quarterbacks should be above that kind of nonsense. Especially Hall of Fame quarterbacks.

I'm sure if asked about it, Brady would stand there with a bit of a smirk on his face and say it's his job to make sure no one trails the play from behind, and that he's a football player, and his job is to get the guy blocked however he can. But if that's the case, then he shouldn't be flapping his arms like a drowning flamingo, and throwing a complete tantrum when Haloti Ngata hits him in the chest while he's throwing the ball because he wants a flag for a phantom roughing the passer. It's just absurd to beg the referees for special treatment — including pointing at his knee a year ago and asking the referee to throw the flag when Suggs grazed him — but then feeling like it's OK to dive at Suggs knee when he's not looking.

This isn't the Brady I once defended in every debate about him and Peyton Manning and, in general, greatly admired from afar. This version is a weasel.

(Now, perhaps some goof named Sully will read this column and blast me on a Boston radio show this week, but I'll take solace in the fact that, deep down, he — and maybe even Brady — will know I'm telling the truth.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFCMal. Show SFCMal's posts

Re: Suggs not the only one upset in Baltimore....lol

In Response to Suggs not the only one upset in Baltimore....lol:
    [QUOTE]Ravens Insider Posted by Kevin Van Valkenburg       kevin.vanvalkenburg@baltsun.com Five Things We Learned in the Ravens' 23-20 loss http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/10/five_things_we_learned_in_the_ravens_2320_loss.html (One thing from "5 things learned from the loss: 4. Tom Brady is a great quarterback who makes big plays in crucial moments. If I had one game to win, and the fate of the world depended on it, I might pick him to be my quarterback. Now, all that said, let me also point out that he's turned into the one of the game's biggest whiners. I'll make this brief. I really don't care about Brady's ridiculous haircut.   If he wants to look like David Cassidy on The Partridge Family, or as Bill Simmons pointed out, like he and Gisele are way, waaaay too into HBO's True Blood, that's his business. It would actually be fun to have a long-haired quarterback in a league so rigid about conformity. But the little tantrums he throws and cheap shots he takes when he doesn't get his way are getting ridiculous. Leave that to Philip Rivers, please. Neither Jim Nantz nor Phil Simms saw it, so it didn't get much attention on the television broadcast, but in the first half, on the reverse to Brandon Tate, Brady clearly tried to dive at Terrell Suggs' knee when Suggs was well behind the play. I'm not even positive Suggs saw it happen, because Brady mostly missed, but for a guy who had a major knee injury of his own, that was bush league. Yes, I know it's borderline legal, but it's weak. And I'd say the same thing if Peyton Manning or Drew Brees or Joe Flacco did it. He tried to do it again in the second half to Dawan Landry on a similar play, but thought better of it. Between his intentionally low knee blocks and Brandon Meriweather's blatant spearing of Todd Heap, it was not exactly the Pats' finest hour. (I still can't believe Meriweather wasn't ejected. He should have been. It was reminiscent of some of Chuck Cecil's dirtiest work. He'll likely be heavily fined.) Boston media reports were claiming Michael Oher punched someone at the bottom of a pile and it went unnoticed, and though I didn't see it, I don't have a hard time believing it because he had to be frustrated by how poorly he was playing. But quarterbacks should be above that kind of nonsense. Especially Hall of Fame quarterbacks. I'm sure if asked about it, Brady would stand there with a bit of a smirk on his face and say it's his job to make sure no one trails the play from behind, and that he's a football player, and his job is to get the guy blocked however he can. But if that's the case, then he shouldn't be flapping his arms like a drowning flamingo, and throwing a complete tantrum when Haloti Ngata hits him in the chest while he's throwing the ball because he wants a flag for a phantom roughing the passer. It's just absurd to beg the referees for special treatment — including pointing at his knee a year ago and asking the referee to throw the flag when Suggs grazed him — but then feeling like it's OK to dive at Suggs knee when he's not looking. This isn't the Brady I once defended in every debate about him and Peyton Manning and, in general, greatly admired from afar. This version is a weasel. (Now, perhaps some goof named Sully will read this column and blast me on a Boston radio show this week, but I'll take solace in the fact that, deep down, he — and maybe even Brady — will know I'm telling the truth.)
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Boo F**cking Hoo, Tattoo this "L" on your forehead.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

This reporter doesn't know much about football does he?

Brady did what all QB's are taught to do when throwing blocks. Curl up into a ball and fall over.  He didn't dive at his legs he just got in his way.

Look at how almost all QB's toss blocks you'll notice for the most part they all curl up into a ball and fall over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BieberBrady. Show BieberBrady's posts

Anyone who thinks the Golden Boy wasn't intentionally going at the knees of Landry is just plain blind.  It's fortunate for both players that Bieber, I mean Brady, whiffed that block. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I think they mimic their coach. You see how he started to whine and *itch to refs during the 4th quater when things were not going their way! He has such a smug look on his face you just want to go up and *itch slap him. Real coaches don't act that way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to Re: Suggs not the only one upset in Baltimore....lol:
    [QUOTE]Anyone who thinks the Golden Boy wasn't intentionally going at the knees of Landry is just plain blind.  It's fortunate for both players that Bieber, I mean Brady, whiffed that block. 
    Posted by BieberBrady[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

So . . .   let me see if I've got this straight:

Brady whiffs on a typical quarterback "block" and he's a deuschebag, but your guy throwing throwing punches is okay because he's "frustrated."

Gotcha.

There are a number of teams in the league I dislike more than the Ravens, because, in the greater scheme of things, the Ravens simply don't matter, but for a team that likes to project this physical, lunch-bucket image, they, their fansd . .    and now, apparently, their press, too -- are the biggest bunch of crybabies in the league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]So . . .   let me see if I've got this straight: Brady whiffs on a typical quarterback "block" and he's a deuschebag, but your guy throwing throwing punches is okay because he's "frustrated." Gotcha. There are a number of teams in the league I dislike more than the Ravens, because, in the greater scheme of things, the Ravens simply don't matter, but for a team that likes to project this physical, lunch-bucket image, they, their fansd . .    and now, apparently, their press, too -- are the biggest bunch of crybabies in the league.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Precisely. And I wouldn't even say lunch pail. These guys project a "prison rules" image. And then come back with this stuff?

They practically paralyzed someone two seasons ago, and gave the "it's bad, but part of the game, we won't let up" speech. Now this?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Brady said it best, on his radio spot this morning, when asked about Suggs.  "They talk a lot for a team that beat us once in 9 years."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Brady said it best, on his radio spot this morning, when asked about Suggs.  "They talk a lot for a team that beat us once in 9 years."
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]

Classic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

It's Baltimore what you you expect? There was a reason the Colts snuck off into the night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots have guys letting their hair grow out below their helmets (start with the Law Firm, he's not the only one).  Then they have guys (the offensive line) who don't bother to shave -- in Gillette Stadium!  Maybe they clean up their beards a bit.  Brady's hair is nothing!  It's like comparing early Beatles with late Beatles. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cieli01. Show cieli01's posts

[QUOTE]The Patriots have guys letting their hair grow out below their helmets (start with the Law Firm, he's not the only one).  Then they have guys (the offensive line) who don't bother to shave -- in Gillette Stadium!  Maybe they clean up their beards a bit.  Brady's hair is nothing!  It's like comparing early Beatles with late Beatles. 
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

All this talk about Bradys hair is ridiculous. Who gives a flying ****.  I actually forget he has long hair until I seehim on the field, on TV. 

Seriously I dont get all the attention his hair is getting.  He can grow a mullet down to his ankles for all I care.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suggs not the only one upset in Baltimore....lol : All this talk about Bradys hair is ridiculous. Who gives a flying ****.  I actually forget he has long hair until I seehim on the field, on TV.  Seriously I dont get all the attention his hair is getting.  He can grow a mullet down to his ankles for all I care.
    Posted by cieli01[/QUOTE]

agreed!!! i dont care if the dude grows and old fashion rat tail as long as he throws the ball

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The Ravens lost a toughly contested NFL regular season game in overtime and this 'journalist' is whining about Brady's hair?  Seriously?

I saw the attempted 'block' and Brady pulled back at the last minute because he of where Suggs was - a position where Brady would have clipped him.  I know I'm a Pats fan but the only thing wrong with that block is that Brady's form was exactly as PatsEng described - a typical QB block. 

I also concur that to condemn Merriweather while excusing Oher's punch throwing is pathetic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Pats won, Ravens lost....that's all that matters!

Go Pats!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

I dont know if anyone remembers...but there was a lot of games like that when you were bitin your nails to see how they turned out... it was when we learned how to win...   that was one of those games... let all those biatches whine all they want...cause there is gonna be a lot of whining come in up the next few years...  YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

In Response to Suggs not the only one upset in Baltimore....lol:
    [QUOTE]Ravens Insider Posted by Kevin Van Valkenburg       kevin.vanvalkenburg@baltsun.com www.baltimoresun.com/media/thumbnails/htmlstory/2009-12/51088585-15061340.jpg " alt="" width="143" height="105" /> Five Things We Learned in the Ravens' 23-20 loss http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/10/five_things_we_learned_in_the_ravens_2320_loss.html ) (One thing from "5 things learned from the loss:) 4. Tom Brady is a great quarterback who makes big plays in crucial moments. If I had one game to win, and the fate of the world depended on it, I might pick him to be my quarterback. Now, all that said, let me also point out that he's turned into the one of the game's biggest whiners. I'll make this brief. I really don't care about Brady's ridiculous haircut.   If he wants to look like David Cassidy on The Partridge Family, or as Bill Simmons pointed out, like he and Gisele are way, waaaay too into HBO's True Blood, that's his business. It would actually be fun to have a long-haired quarterback in a league so rigid about conformity. But the little tantrums he throws and cheap shots he takes when he doesn't get his way are getting ridiculous. Leave that to Philip Rivers, please. Neither Jim Nantz nor Phil Simms saw it, so it didn't get much attention on the television broadcast, but in the first half, on the reverse to Brandon Tate, Brady clearly tried to dive at Terrell Suggs' knee when Suggs was well behind the play. I'm not even positive Suggs saw it happen, because Brady mostly missed, but for a guy who had a major knee injury of his own, that was bush league. Yes, I know it's borderline legal, but it's weak. And I'd say the same thing if Peyton Manning or Drew Brees or Joe Flacco did it. He tried to do it again in the second half to Dawan Landry on a similar play, but thought better of it. Between his intentionally low knee blocks and Brandon Meriweather's blatant spearing of Todd Heap, it was not exactly the Pats' finest hour. (I still can't believe Meriweather wasn't ejected. He should have been. It was reminiscent of some of Chuck Cecil's dirtiest work. He'll likely be heavily fined.) Boston media reports were claiming Michael Oher punched someone at the bottom of a pile and it went unnoticed, and though I didn't see it, I don't have a hard time believing it because he had to be frustrated by how poorly he was playing. But quarterbacks should be above that kind of nonsense. Especially Hall of Fame quarterbacks. I'm sure if asked about it, Brady would stand there with a bit of a smirk on his face and say it's his job to make sure no one trails the play from behind, and that he's a football player, and his job is to get the guy blocked however he can. But if that's the case, then he shouldn't be flapping his arms like a drowning flamingo, and throwing a complete tantrum when Haloti Ngata hits him in the chest while he's throwing the ball because he wants a flag for a phantom roughing the passer. It's just absurd to beg the referees for special treatment — including pointing at his knee a year ago and asking the referee to throw the flag when Suggs grazed him — but then feeling like it's OK to dive at Suggs knee when he's not looking. This isn't the Brady I once defended in every debate about him and Peyton Manning and, in general, greatly admired from afar. This version is a weasel. (Now, perhaps some goof named Sully will read this column and blast me on a Boston radio show this week, but I'll take solace in the fact that, deep down, he — and maybe even Brady — will know I'm telling the truth.)
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Hey rocky watch me pull a rabbit out my hat. Presto its ray lewis the twin killer. Are you kidding me with all that winning your doing you should be the one looking in the mirror. Merriweathers hit compared to two innocent dead men killed by the free thug lewis all you need is OJ simpson on that team and it will be complete.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from reegz04. Show reegz04's posts

Ray Lewis Killed someone.. :/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosportfan. Show bosportfan's posts

[QUOTE]Ray Lewis Killed someone.. :/
    Posted by reegz04[/QUOTE]

oohraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Suggs not the only one upset in Baltimore....lol : Precisely. And I wouldn't even say lunch pail. These guys project a "prison rules" image. And then come back with this stuff? They practically paralyzed someone two seasons ago, and gave the "it's bad, but part of the game, we won't let up" speech. Now this?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

As a 21 year vet of the correctional system how dare you insult the inmates like thatCool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Lets see, final score read 23-20, Pats win. That is all that matters to me, good day to you, crybaby.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Intentional hit on Todd Heap? Meriweather put his head down and tried to knock the ball free from Todd Heap. If I remember the play correctly, Heap turned around into Brandon's shoulder.

To quote number 52 of the Ravens, "They're men, they can be hit." No Nancy stuff here, Heap. Get up and stop rolling around like a nancy. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone who thinks the Golden Boy wasn't intentionally going at the knees of Landry is just plain blind.  It's fortunate for both players that Bieber, I mean Brady, whiffed that block. 
    Posted by BieberBrady[/QUOTE]

Anyone who didn't see him whiff on the block is a moron. He didn't try to take out anyones knees. He was falling to the ground when the other player ran by him. Typical media making sh*t up again. Oh yeah, I bet Justin Bierber is tougher than you. ;-)

Sections
Shortcuts