Suh Dirty Or Just A Player People Hate?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Suh Dirty Or Just A Player People Hate?

Suh is at it again.

"

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Ndamukong Suh was again flagged for a hit against a quarterback. And again, it happened in the preseason.

Suh was nailed with a roughing the passer personal foul call on Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne during the second quarter of the Detroit Lions' 13-12 win Friday night.

Leon Halip/Getty ImagesNdamukong Suh could be looking at a fine after this roughing-the-passer penalty on Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne.

On video replay, it appeared Suh lowered his helmet into Henne's chest after the quarterback had thrown the ball, potentially leading to the flag and the penalty.

"They called what they called, and it is what it is," Lions coach Jim Caldwell said. "That's what he called, OK, and that's what the official called and that's what it is. It's a foul, plain and simple."

After the play, Jacksonville center Jacques McClendon, who allowed the sack on Henne, briefly got into Suh's face. He said after the game he was trying to stand up for his quarterback.

"To take an unnecessary hit, which I thought was unnecessary, I don't think as an offensive line you should allow that," McClendon said. "My job is to protect the quarterback. At times we're going to get beat, but when it's unnecessary and late ... My job is to open holes for the running back and protect the quarterback, so if I'm not protecting my quarterback I don't feel like I'm doing my job.

"I just wanted Chad to know I had his back."

Suh has a history of personal fouls against quarterbacks -- and those plays have often led to fines.

In his rookie year, he hit then-Cleveland Browns quarterback Jake Delhomme and twisted his face mask, resulting in a fine. He has also been fined for hits against quarterbacks Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, Brandon Weeden and Andy Dalton in his career.

It is unknown if Suh will be fined for his latest roughing the passer call.

Suh was not spotted by ESPN.com in the Lions' locker room after the game for comment. At least one of Suh's teammates, though, felt the hit was legitimate.

"I saw it. I thought it was a clean hit," Lions defensive tackle C.J. Mosley said. "Suh is Suh, he has that quote-unquote reputation. I thought it was a clean hit."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11395355/ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-flagged-roughing-passer

Is Suh just a dirty player or a player that football fans hate when he's not on their team?

"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Re: Suh Dirty Or Just A Player People Hate?

In my opinion, it's a penalty because the ball was out and Suh (may have) had time to adjust. However, I don't think it was dirty or excessively violent. It's being treated as such because of Suh's reputation. If this was pre 2000 he'd be a hero. That being said, I think Suh has been dirty on other occasions and though I don't hate him, I think he's a stupid guy - wouldn't want him on the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

As bad as an analogy as it is,  suh could be the moe Lewis for the jags   Bortles is looking pretty good and an injury could vault him to the starting position.  Not saying he will win a super bowl but hel'll give the fans some hope. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

But, but I'm a good poster!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Geesh truth you sure enjoy starting multiple threads every day don't you? This thread is kinda stupid to have in a Pats forum don't u think? But to answer your question; Suh is a dirty player and that's why folks don't like him. 

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

It just so happens I was at that game last night. I'm in the D for the Eminem concert tonight and last night we were walking around and got 3 tickets for 20$ so we said hell why not lets just go . Anyway,

Suh's hit was dirty as hell. He was going for the kill and the rest of the game (only stayed the 1st half) he was shoving Jags after every whistle looking for a fight as was the entire Lions DL. That team is so out if hand  

I hope Mankins kicks his azz when we play them. He's dirty af

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Geesh truth you sure enjoy starting multiple threads every day don't you? This thread is kinda stupid to have in a Pats forum don't u think? But to answer your question; Suh is a dirty player and that's why folks don't like him. 

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

[/QUOTE]

LOL. You're still mad cuz I suggested that your gf was giving me BJs.  Nice try tho :)

on iggy you go

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to Section136's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In my opinion, it's a penalty because the ball was out and Suh (may have) had time to adjust. However, I don't think it was dirty or excessively violent. It's being treated as such because of Suh's reputation. If this was pre 2000 he'd be a hero. That being said, I think Suh has been dirty on other occasions and though I don't hate him, I think he's a stupid guy - wouldn't want him on the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

I would agree that his reputation for being a dirty player now precedes him. He says he's a competitor and doesn't mind playing thru whistles. To some degree, I think that's good to have on a team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Suh is a stud but he is also a loose cannon. He is dirty.

I think one takeaway from this the Jags center "having his QBs back". That's a joke. Standing up to Suh AFTER he has sacked your QB? Gee what a player.

As I said in another thread - it is not how good you look after the play is over it is what you do during the play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

1. That is not dirty.

2. That only looks dirty because of the wussification by Goodell.

3.  A 320 lb DT cannot stop on a dime in pursuit of an offensive player.

How ridiculous. I agree he's made some mistakes, mainly the kick to the head on Thanksgiving being the most egregious, but let's not go overboard here.

I remember Myron Pryor placing a textbook hit on Favre in 2010 here and it was completely clean, but because his head was not perfectly upright, they pretended it was somehow illegal to the chest area of Favre.

Where very large humans supposed to hit the QB if they can't lean a shoulder into their chest area on a bang/bang play?

It's sickening to see how badly Goodell has changed the league to the point some think that is a dirty or even an illegal hit.  It's a bang/bang play and defensive players have the right to try to tackle or sack the QB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It just so happens I was at that game last night. I'm in the D for the Eminem concert tonight and last night we were walking around and got 3 tickets for 20$ so we said hell why not lets just go . Anyway,

Suh's hit was dirty as hell. He was going for the kill and the rest of the game (only stayed the 1st half) he was shoving Jags after every whistle looking for a fight as was the entire Lions DL. That team is so out if hand  

I hope Mankins kicks his azz when we play them. He's dirty af

[/QUOTE]

You're going to an Eminem concert and traveled for it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Suh is a stud but he is also a loose cannon. He is dirty.

I think one takeaway from this the Jags center "having his QBs back". That's a joke. Standing up to Suh AFTER he has sacked your QB? Gee what a player.

As I said in another thread - it is not how good you look after the play is over it is what you do during the play.

[/QUOTE]

maybe if the center had gotten into a fight w/ Suh as an enforcer; and getting both kicked out of the game would have sent a different message :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Goodell gets it right again: Suh not fined for his clean hit on Henne last week.

That is 2/2 for ol' Rogie in one week.  Stunning.