Suh Gonna Get After Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Suh Gonna Get After Brady?

Looking forward to the Detroit game to see how well the OL protection is for Brady - and to see if McD can make adjustments to the offense accordingly. The run game should be an important part of the game plan when Detroits D goes "9 wide".

So long as Suh doesn't play dirty (and Brady doesn't get injured), I'm hoping Detroits pass rush is successful in getting to Brady because it would be a good test to see how the coaching staff and offense can adapt.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2013/08/19/ndamukong-suh-eager-for-shot-at-tom-brady/2670647/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Suh Gonna Get After Brady?

In response to anonymis' comment:

Looking forward to the Detroit game to see how well the OL protection is for Brady - and to see if McD can make adjustments to the offense accordingly. The run game should be an important part of the game plan when Detroits D goes "9 wide".

So long as Suh doesn't play dirty (and Brady doesn't get injured), I'm hoping Detroits pass rush is successful in getting to Brady because it would be a good test to see how the coaching staff and offense can adapt.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2013/08/19/ndamukong-suh-eager-for-shot-at-tom-brady/2670647/

Suh isnt dirty, he just plays tough in a soft league. Anyway, it's Mankins' job to keep Suh from Brady, he needs to show up against elite pass-rushing for once in his life.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Suh isnt dirty, he just plays tough in a soft league. Anyway, it's Mankins' job to keep Suh from Brady, he needs to show up against elite pass-rushing for once in his life.

[/QUOTE]

Agree!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wouldn't you like to see this attitude in any of the Patriots' D players when it comes to rushing the QB?  Heck, yeh!  As long as it is clean and aggressive, as csylvia79 sez, that is the game!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Suh just plays dirty after the whistle. Otherwise he is a good, aggressive player. Personally I don't want to see him and don't wish in the least he takes a shot at Brady. mankins can't handle him alone. It will be a test for sure for the whole offense. OL blocking, WR getting separation fast and our rb's blocking And running. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Wouldn't you like to see this attitude in any of the Patriots' D players when it comes to rushing the QB?  Heck, yeh!  As long as it is clean and aggressive, as csylvia79 sez, that is the game!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

Yes...we all want our D to have that intensity.......But there is little doubt that Suh has some very dirty plays on his resume....or I should say CHEAP. I have zero respect for cheap shots....and I think it's hard to argue he hasn't crossed that line.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

suh would be stupid to do anything suspect...  he's on eggshells with the league.  another suspension would shelve his over hyper a$$$ for a while....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

When Brady went down Vegas froze betting odds. Suh would have a lot of people upset if it happens in preseason.  Didn't Suh kick a guy in the nuts?

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Suh is as dirty as they come! Constantly stomping on folks heads, scrotum, hands etc. in a pile. Did you watch the Thanksgiving day game 2 years ago?! Even on T-day he is a dirty player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

When Brady went down Vegas froze betting odds. Suh would have a lot of people upset if it happens in preseason.  Didn't Suh kick a guy in the nuts?

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjbqEx2v_4o

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Suh is as dirty as they come! Constantly stomping on folks heads, scrotum, hands etc. in a pile. Did you watch the Thanksgiving day game 2 years ago?! Even on T-day he is a dirty player.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  I have no problem with a guy who plays with a ferocious tennacity and hits hard, etc.  Suh does do all of those things.  However, the extra stuff like kicking, stomping, etc that he does time and time again make him as dirty as they come.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This is a preseason game.  Where is Suh's profit motive for playing dirty?  Damaging a quarterback can set you back $50,000 cash.  If Suh damages somebody, is Detroit going to win the football game?  Is winning a preseason game worth as much as a subway token to anyone on either team? 

In fact, if your team is a contender and they come out of preseason with four huge victories, everyone will be gunning for them.  How on earth does that help your team make the playoffs?

Preseason games are often characterized by the offensive line letting defensive players straight through, and then the quarterback throws the ball safely away into a linebacker's arms.  It loses points on the scoreboard, but that's the point.

As for Suh, Belichick doesn't want him anywhere near Brady so he'll be double teamed 100% of the time.  Bill Belichick always takes away the other team's most potent player on 100% of the plays.  That's his M.O.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

This is a preseason game.  Where is Suh's profit motive for playing dirty?  Damaging a quarterback can set you back $50,000 cash.  If Suh damages somebody, is Detroit going to win the football game?  Is winning a preseason game worth as much as a subway token to anyone on either team? 

In fact, if your team is a contender and they come out of preseason with four huge victories, everyone will be gunning for them.  How on earth does that help your team make the playoffs?

Preseason games are often characterized by the offensive line letting defensive players straight through, and then the quarterback throws the ball safely away into a linebacker's arms.  It loses points on the scoreboard, but that's the point.

As for Suh, Belichick doesn't want him anywhere near Brady so he'll be double teamed 100% of the time.  Bill Belichick always takes away the other team's most potent player on 100% of the plays.  That's his M.O.

Just because it would be fun for Suh, according to the original article.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Suh is known for being dirty more than he's known for being a good player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I don't think Suh is going to go into a pre-season game with the intent on hurting Brady, but, I think he will try to get to Brady and get a sack or two just for bragging rights.

Regardless, I do want to see Detroit be overly aggressive w/ the pass rush - and see how McD adapts and changes his play calling.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mankins has been accused of being a dirty/cheap shot artist...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Suh isnt dirty, he just plays tough in a soft league. Anyway, it's Mankins' jobto keep Suh from Brady, he needs to show up against elite pass-rushing for once in his life.

[/QUOTE]

Mankins has been accused of being a dirty/cheap shot artist...

[/QUOTE]

I think it was his rookie year in a regualr season game, against denver, at the end of the half after a FG attempt   he punched a bronco in the nuts on the bottom of the pile. I remember to start the 2nd half they had the video of the punch and said he got ejected. It was a major cheap shot, pretty funny but a clear cheap shot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I think it was his rookie year in a regualr season game, against denver, at the end of the half after a FG attempt   he punched a bronco in the nuts on the bottom of the pile. I remember to start the 2nd half they had the video of the punch and said he got ejected. It was a major cheap shot, pretty funny but a clear cheap shot.

Mankins and Suh are good friends

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2011/08/video-lions-ndamukong-suh-punches-patriots-logan-mankins-fine-coming/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Mankins was asked if he was excited about the prospect of going against Suh again.

“I don’t know about excited, but you’d better be focused and on top of your game when you go against them,” he said. “You’d better be in good shape because he’s in good shape. The guy’s got a unique motor for the position he plays. There are not many guys who go harder than he does, play in and play out, at that position.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130821-patriots-linemen-facing-big-challenge.ece

Sections
Shortcuts