Suh

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Re: Suh

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have brought this up before, but would anyone be willing to deal a draft pick, maybe a 1st rd pick for this guy?  I just cannot ignore this news.  Mayhew should have been canned already, but if he doesn't deal Suh, he's a moron to the nth degree.  If they wanted him there, he'd be there by now, but there is still no deal and their discussions are over for the year.  Translation? He's gone.

I know it sounds unlikely, not possible, etc, but what a time to backfill the DT spot here for years to come by taking advantage of  this opportunity?

Maybe let Revis walk after 2014 and put some money into McCourty and this guy instead. Can you imagine he and Easley with Jones and Silliga in a second rotation for the future?

I have very, very hard time believing Mayhew is this stupid in letting Suh win and go to FA after the season. To me it just screams trade for Detroit since they didnt extend him and they are not a SB contender in that division yet or in that conference. 

It makes no sense to rent him for a year when you know you aren't a SB contender this year. It reminds me of the Peppers thing for Carolina thing and what BB had to do with Seymour in 2009.  BB waited all summer to get a 1st rd pick and got it with Seymour, wisely so.  I don't think Suh is worth more than that because of what he'll command.

What top 3 pick does not get a second deal when the player is very good or great before his prime? Answer: None of them.   I fully realize he's shown immaturity and I normally don't like that, but I think he would snap into line here.

Before mouthing off, think about this:

1. Detroit would likely not deal him in the NFC.  That leaves 1 AFC team as a possible landing spot. 

2. Once Hernandez is guilty, his money comes off the books in 2015. Not only that, the cap is going up.

3. BB could walk from Revis and still have Browner, Dennard and Ryan in here for 2015 with Browner as the lead CB.  Maybe stash a Hawkins on the PS and he can add some depth to the position.

Instead of using a 1st rd pick, why not get a sure thing, maybe control the contract the way BB is known to do and have any DT issues of the future solved for years to come with the cheap Easley alongside?

[/QUOTE]

Could walk away from the Revis deal?  Bwahahahahahahahahahaa!  Yes, Queenie, because it's a real possibility that BB would be able to take on the 25 million dollar cap hit after mortgaging 2015 in order to fit Revis on the team out of desperation of years of pathetic pass Ds.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

^Jealousy an outright delight.

Bustchise's Jets will suck again as they mouth off in July due to their annual insecurity as a team led by a very insecure and crappy head coach who has helped put the Jets rebuilding plans well behind schedule.

Enjoy, Bustchise. Pats fans will.

How is your 1st rd slow Safety doing? Head ok, today? Will he still be able to take out Brady this year?

bawhahah

Not a good sign for a Safety to ring his bell so soon into camp, is it?  Goodell has very strict concussion rules these days.

Leave it to the Jets to draft a one dimensional, slow big mouth in the 1st rd. LOL

[/QUOTE]

Will the patsies loser to another sucky Jets team, Queenie?  Will they give up 30 to one of the worst offenses in the NFL again?  Good thing the Jets didn't draft a player with multiple blown out knees though, right?  Bwahahhahhaahahahahaha!  Bludgeoned again!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

Bustchise's Jets will suck again as they mouth off in July due to their annual insecurity as a team led by a very insecure and crappy head coach who has helped put the Jets rebuilding plans well behind schedule.

How is your 1st rd slow Safety doing? Head ok, today? Will he still be able to take out Brady this year?

bawhahah

Not a good sign for a Safety to ring his bell so soon into camp, is it?  Goodell has very strict concussion rules these days.

Leave it to the Jets to draft a one dimensional, slow big mouth in the 1st rd. LOL

[/QUOTE]

Whaaaat?  You didn't call him a bust like you did the DROY Richardson?  How'd that work out for you?   A little trigger shy, Queen Bean?  I guess you did look like a complete idiot last year (and every day of your life).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Suh is in that "special" category, just like Revis. When looking at the present and the future, I'd love to see him here. Wilfork is nearing the end, Kelly will most likely be done after this season...Smith too - in actuality aside from Easley we don't have young big defensive linemen. Suh would be that and if we could get him now he could fit with the vets we already have and learn how it's done here.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bawhahah

[/QUOTE]

Whaaaat?  You didn't call him a bust like you did the DROY Richardson?  How'd that work out for you?   A little trigger shy, Queen Bean?  I guess you did look like a complete idiot last year (and every day of your life).

[/QUOTE]

I called Milliner a bust, well, because he is. Benched 3 times as a top 10 pick like Gholston. Never said Richardson was a bust just that CHris Jones played as well as he did with absolutely no one next to him to help at DT.

[/QUOTE]

How about this Queenie.  I post your claims of Richardson being a bust and you leave here forever?  SOund like a good deal, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I would love to see a boy named Suh in a Pats jersey.  Would take some shuffling to make it happen, and Hern finally coming off the books would be a huge part of it. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would love to see a boy named Suh in a Pats jersey.  Would take some shuffling to make it happen, and Hern finally coming off the books would be a huge part of it. 

[/QUOTE]

It would be tremendous.  I would rather pay him than revis.

[/QUOTE]

Would you pay him 20 % more than the next highest paid at his position?  Would you place half his salary into the next season to fit him under the cap.  BTW, Beano, Revis is the best CB the patsies have ever had.  He's just not as good as he was a few years ago.  Seems that BB would agree.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Dream signing, not saying it couldn't happen, just unlikely unless Suh really wants to win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nah. CB is a more important spot than some prickk DT

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

put some money into McCourty

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

More evidence of why you are an imbecile.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Why would we want the guy considered the dirtiest player in the league here?

Do you think BB will control his onfield antics?

Let's face it, if Goodell really has it in for BB and the Pats, you can bet Suh's next infraction--if he's a Pat when it happens--will result in a long suspension.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not I. I would much rather have one if not the best cb in the league than a head case DT in Suh. There is no denying his ability, but the guy routinely puts his team in bad spots with inability to control himself. Build the line around Easley and draft a top flight DT next year or go get a top FA DT that is going to be a team player. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Suh is in that "special" category, just like Revis. When looking at the present and the future, I'd love to see him here. Wilfork is nearing the end, Kelly will most likely be done after this season...Smith too - in actuality aside from Easley we don't have young big defensive linemen. Suh would be that and if we could get him now he could fit with the vets we already have and learn how it's done here.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Don't think I agree with the comparison. For all Revis's antics early in his career he still kept in clean and didn't get in trouble with the league. Suh has been warned so many times I have to image the next infraction with be a long suspension. He's got Revis level talent but mentally I'd put him a step below Haynesworth. I don't think Suh's and BB's personalities would mesh for a second and the risk of blowing up is way to great considering what he will command on the market. I wouldn't touch Suh with a 10' pole for the Pats. Too much money for someone not mentally stable and could shoot his way out of town ala A. Thomas and Haynesworth.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

i dont think it a bad thought , but i would like to see the year we get out of Revis first.

and of ourse the Pats wont renew his current contract - but no one will, so Revis is essentlally a free agent next year - who knows what that deal will be

I think Mankins contract may get a little much next year - and i could see cap space thereBut the Pats also some other key players up - Gronk? Mayo, McCourty, and both OTs?

Suh is an enigma - could BB take him to where he should be? maybe. but soemtimes he is out of control but the only player i do not see coming here ever is Ward after the Gronk Dirty hit

Something to think about -so i will wait for this season to pass first

I mean if something happenned to TB - Mallet would still be his prime successor and that would be an interesting contract - which again a reson to keep mallet is for this year but protection for future years if something happennned to TB. The guy has a great gun and will ahve had 4 yrs under TB and BB - I stioll think he has more potential tahn anyone the Pats could get,

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

Interesting seeing the varied responses.

[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I'm also surprised you would want to pay Suh.

If we can lock up Revis and DMC this year the secondary would be fine for years. Logan Ryan would still have 2 years after this, Browner 2 more and then the new deals for the guys. Right there is the loaded secondary top 5 every season.

Its a passing league, loading the secondary is the way to go, also I think most of our money on the DL will be spent on Chandler Jones who looks due for an even better season this year.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bawhahah

[/QUOTE]

Will the patsies loser to another sucky Jets team, Queenie?  Will they give up 30 to one of the worst offenses in the NFL again?  Good thing the Jets didn't draft a player with multiple blown out knees though, right?  Bwahahhahhaahahahahaha!  Bludgeoned again!

[/QUOTE]

Last time I looked the Pats were the division champs. In fact the last so many times it is hard to remember when they were not (outside of 2008 when TB went down in week one and we still won 11 games). In fact it would be hard to remember the Jets at all of it were not for their periodic impersonations of Woody Allen playing football.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Suh is such a player that you cant help but like the idea of him here. But the money would likely be too much wouldnt it? How would we fit him in our cap space?

Sections
Shortcuts