Sums Up BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Sums Up BB

It's all BB's fault for keeping a lousy playoff QB like Brady. As everyone knows....it's all Brady's fault.

It's absolutely hysterical that the same person spouts that nonsense every day.  Yep...it's ALL BB's FAULT

LMAO....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Sums Up BB

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:

It's all BB's fault for keeping a lousy playoff QB like Brady. As everyone knows....it's all Brady's fault.

It's absolutely hysterical that the same person spouts that nonsense every day.  Yep...it's ALL BB's FAULT

LMAO....

[object HTMLDivElement]

Totally agree, it is almost as nonsensical as suggesting it's all BB's fault. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

LMAO....

[object HTMLDivElement]

Hopefully, you read in between the lines with the dripping sarcasm.....

IMO, I don't think anyone in this forum thinks it's all BB's fault.  Not that he hasn't had his lapses in judgement.

My guess is that when people are saying that, they do so with a different motive in mind....lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

IMO, I don't think anyone in this forum thinks it's all BB's fault.  Not that he hasn't had his lapses in judgement.

My guess is that when people are saying that, they do so with a different motive in mind....lol

[object HTMLDivElement]

I don't think anyone think it's all BB's fault in the least (that's sensationalizing it and going to an extreme). Contrary to some, most want a couple things done a bit differently because previous practices weren't working as designed. Many labeled BB bashers have come out repeatedly and said they think BB is one of the best coaches in the league and they wouldn't want anyone else. it doesn't mean some things couldn't have been done differently and there weren't better choices out there for some of these options that didn't succeed. The funny thing is those who rag on others for being "BB bashers" at least 1 himself has said that maybe BB's coaching style and personal choices haven't kept up with the change in the league. So, while criticizing others for wanting some changes in things they see have been faulty approaches in the past calling them BB bashers they themselves are doing the same thing. No ones perfect, not even BB, and everyone can improve. Suggesting areas to improve isn't bashing, placing complete blame is though and I see maybe 1 or 2 place complete blame and the forum general laughs at them anyways.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I don't think anyone think it's all BB's fault in the least (that's sensationalizing it and going to an extreme). Contrary to some, "most" want a couple things done a bit differently because previous practices weren't working as designed. Many labeled BB bashers have come out repeatedly and said they think BB is one of the best coaches in the league and they wouldn't want anyone else. it doesn't mean some things couldn't have been done differently and there weren't better choices out there for some of these options that didn't succeed. The funny thing is those who rag on others for being "BB bashers" at least 1 himself has said that maybe BB's coaching style and personal choices haven't kept up with the change in the league. So, while criticizing others for wanting some changes in things they see have been faulty approaches in the past calling them BB bashers they themselves are doing the same thing. No ones perfect, not even BB, and everyone can improve. Suggesting areas to improve isn't bashing, placing complete blame is though and I see maybe 1 or 2 place complete blame and the forum general laughs at them anyways.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Couple of things.

1. Who is "most"?

2. What "practices" haven't worked?

3. What is your definition of not working as "designed"? Is it making the 1 key play to win any of our 3 realistic Super Bowl chances? Asante holding on to the forced interception that hit him in both hands? Welker holding on to the long pass? Maybe not calling that long  pass play to Gronk when Brady threw the interception to a DE 40 yards down field(while we were winning)? The ref not calling "face guarding" in the end zone against Ellis Hobbs?

Because if any of these plays go our way we win 6 Super Bowls in 13 years of BB making decisions, oh and employing his methods or "practices" which you claim have not worked as designed.

4. In reference to BB and his coaching style, I was speaking of how the league "re-emphasized" the rules as the result of BB dominating the league(and specifically Peyton) and winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 years with a smash mouth defense similar to the one he called for the 2x Super Bowl winning Giants.

I cited the article which shows the recent trends of insane passing numbers. It is difficult imo for a long time coach like BB to re-learn the game in which he has worked for 30 years. That isn't an indictment on him, it is a reason that his defense suffered a bit in the rebuild. It took him a few years to find the right players especially in the secondary(which was where the rules were largely different after 2004 and has spawned the offensive era of football we have seen for the last decade).

Is it a coincidence that we have not won the big game since then? I don't know. But to sit here and bite the hand that has fed us the most wins in 13 years is wrong and border line down right un-American... imo.

P.s I'm kidding about the un-American thing it just sounded good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

I don't think anyone think it's all BB's fault in the least (that's sensationalizing it and going to an extreme). Contrary to some, most want a couple things done a bit differently because previous practices weren't working as designed. Many labeled BB bashers have come out repeatedly and said they think BB is one of the best coaches in the league and they wouldn't want anyone else. it doesn't mean some things couldn't have been done differently and there weren't better choices out there for some of these options that didn't succeed. The funny thing is those who rag on others for being "BB bashers" at least 1 himself has said that maybe BB's coaching style and personal choices haven't kept up with the change in the league. ...

[QUOTE]

So, I assume you mean personnel choices (not "personal")? If it is personal, then please explain.

Anyway, the larger point is it's kind of a cop out to say on the one hand, BB's great and I don't want anyone else running the team, coaching the team, etc., and on the other hand, to say "but he sucks and here's why." It's a common argument tactic to give yourself cover, then to take potshots. "Well, I'm a big supporter of gay rights/the homeless/the military/animal rights/the second amendment/soccer/free speech/you name it, but...." and then reveal what they really think. 

Criticize individual decisions, fine, but BB is a package deal and while he's not perfect, he's the best there is at what he does. You're not going to get a different GM, so you're either with him or you're not. Either way is OK, but you can't have it both ways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

LMAO....

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Who the hell else's fault would it be? The man has 100% godlike power. Even if it was Brady, it's still BB.

The buck doesn't stop at Tom Brady or even the defense. The buck stops with the man who saddled us with spygate.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I don't think anyone think it's all BB's fault in the least (that's sensationalizing it and going to an extreme). Contrary to some, most want a couple things done a bit differently because previous practices weren't working as designed. Many labeled BB bashers have come out repeatedly and said they think BB is one of the best coaches in the league and they wouldn't want anyone else. it doesn't mean some things couldn't have been done differently and there weren't better choices out there for some of these options that didn't succeed. The funny thing is those who rag on others for being "BB bashers" at least 1 himself has said that maybe BB's coaching style and personal choices haven't kept up with the change in the league. ...

So, I assume you mean personnel choices (not "personal")? If it is personal, then please explain.

Anyway, the larger point is it's kind of a cop out to say on the one hand, BB's great and I don't want anyone else running the team, coaching the team, etc., and on the other hand, to say "but he sucks and here's why." It's a common argument tactic to give yourself cover, then to take potshots. "Well, I'm a big supporter of gay rights/the homeless/the military/animal rights/the second amendment/soccer/free speech/you name it, but...." and then reveal what they really think. 

Criticize individual decisions, fine, but BB is a package deal and while he's not perfect, he's the best there is at what he does. You're not going to get a different GM, so you're either with him or you're not. Either way is OK, but you can't have it both ways.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes I meant personnel. Typo on my part.

You can be for him as a coach and question some of his decisions regarding individual moves. We don't write his paycheck so he doesn't have to answer to us. This is a forum in which we can have a free flowing discussion regarding decisions we do or don't like. It's not black and white you are 100% for or 100% against. I hate when people say that because that leaves no middle ground and is extremist.

Personally, I think BB is a great coach but I didn't like his shotgun approach to FA choosing 3 lower prices, less talented FA's over higher talented guys that cost more. That doesn't mean I hate the guy but it does mean I don't like that approach and rather you spend more on higher talented guys to start (like Revis) and leave the retreads, walking wounded, and low talented type signs for the back half of the roster instead of having to count on them to start. I also don't like the practice of going weak in depth talent wise at a position when the starter has a history of not staying on the field. To me that says you need to invest more into higher talented depth at those position to back up unreliable (health wise) players. Additionally I don't mind taking a couple calculated risks here or there but when you put a good amount of faith into players that have proven to have issues staying on the field I don't like that practice and would prefer to spend a little more on players with track records to be more reliable on the field game in and game out.

You can have differences and not hate the coach. No one is perfect but after mistakes are made they need to be adjusted and fixed. What has been our biggest issues in the playoffs: key starters not 100% or on the field, backups who are multiple steps down and can't handle duties, and some year long starters not having the talent to play in the post season. Those are areas I see needed to be addressed and claiming bad luck or anything else when history of those players dictates something else is disingenuous. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Couple of things.

1. Who is "most"?

3. What is your definition of not working as "designed"? Is it making the 1 key play to win any of our 3 realistic Super Bowl chances? Asante holding on to the forced interception that hit him in both hands? Welker holding on to the long pass? Maybe not calling that long  pass play to Gronk when Brady threw the interception to a DE 40 yards down field(while we were winning)? The ref not calling "face guarding" in the end zone against Ellis Hobbs?

Because if any of these plays go our way we win 6 Super Bowls in 13 years of BB making decisions, oh and employing his methods or "practices" which you claim have not worked as designed.

4. In reference to BB and his coaching style, I was speaking of how the league "re-emphasized" the rules as the result of BB dominating the league(and specifically Peyton) and winning 3 Super Bowls in 4 years with a smash mouth defense similar to the one he called for the 2x Super Bowl winning Giants.

I cited the article which shows the recent trends of insane passing numbers. It is difficult imo for a long time coach like BB to re-learn the game in which he has worked for 30 years. That isn't an indictment on him, it is a reason that his defense suffered a bit in the rebuild. It took him a few years to find the right players especially in the secondary(which was where the rules were largely different after 2004 and has spawned the offensive era of football we have seen for the last decade).

Is it a coincidence that we have not won the big game since then? I don't know. But to sit here and bite the hand that has fed us the most wins in 13 years is wrong and border line down right un-American... imo.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not sure True, as one wise poster said maybe his coaching style is a bit outdated for the new rules, or that he hasn't been able to properly replace assistant coaches which has hurt him, or he isn't getting the right personnel that they are a bit outdated. I would say that would fit into my statement, wouldn't you say?

Btw the American comment, actually it's completely American to bite the hand that feeds us (see revolution after England protected us in the French and Indian wars) and also to question those in power and see if there is a way to do it better. What's unAmerican is to be obedient and say well we can't get better so might as well just sit here and say nothing. But, that's just my take on it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

how about this.  It's the 31 other teams fault.  They are winning it right. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Couple of things.

1. Who is "most"?

[object HTMLDivElement]

Not sure True, as one wise poster said maybe his coaching style is a bit outdated for the new rules, or that he hasn't been able to properly replace assistant coaches which has hurt him, or he isn't getting the right personnel that they are a bit outdated. I would say that would fit into my statement, wouldn't you say?

[object HTMLDivElement]

Nothing to do with not "properly replacing assistant coaches", it is that any business which loses multiple key members of the management team will have a learning curve with the replacements.  Winning more games and going to more afc and championship games is still pretty amazing considering the attrition.  

So, again, what practices do you refer to? Is it his team building philosophy in general? Or is there something specifically wrong with Belichick? Enlighten us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Nothing to do with not "properly replacing assistant coaches", it is that any business which loses multiple key members of the management team will have a learning curve with the replacements.  Winning more games and going to more afc and championship games is still pretty amazing considering the attrition.  

So, again, what practices do you refer to? Is it his team building philosophy in general? Or is there something specifically wrong with Belichick? Enlighten us.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Wow, does BB know you take it as a personal crusade to defend every move of his.

Yes personnel moves. Maybe the guys he picks up are too "old" school and outdated. Maybe he needs to adjust to the newer laws which require more talent and ability than in previous years so he needs to target more higher talent guys from the beginning than targeting lower talent guys and hoping he can coach them up beyond their means through schemes (such as bumping past 5 years) that no longer work or can be applied. Maybe in areas that have hurt us worst that we use as excuses he shouldn't target players with track records towards those issues, instead going after players with track records more geared to move away from those issues.

Since BB is the coach and GM and personnel decisions, philosophies, and staff reflect directly on him in the end so questioning any aspect of the team (such as play calling in the playoffs) is questioning BB in some form or manner. So, unless you only plan on saying everything about the Pats is awesome and perfect in every form you are questioning some method of BB in the end.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think this thread is simple back draft to Rusty's insistant Brady bashing, nothing more. Lets face it, other than Babe, NO ONE on this board would prefer any other individual or individuals calling the shots

We are all full of "I would do this" comments, but at the end of the day, "in BB we trust" 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

LMAO....

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Who the hell else's fault would it be? The man has 100% godlike power. Even if it was Brady, it's still BB.

The buck doesn't stop at Tom Brady or even the defense. The buck stops with the man who saddled us with spygate.

Spygate?  You're a troll.   Everyone with a brain knows that to be a witch hunt and a farce.

This is what i mean about the anti-bb media at espn ruining some pats fans' critical thinking skills

babe is one of the leaders of the Cupcake Guild.

after Brady, who do you blame/bash more often? Espn? Mthurl? the Jets?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

It goes:

1. Brady
    2. bustchise
    3. The Cupcake Guild
    4. Other GMs/Cap Hell
    5. espn

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

It's the Tooth Fairy's fault for not emphasizing proper flossing technique.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I've said it before, I'll say it again...BB is the best coach in football. Is he behind the curve? In my opinion absolutely not. This guy invented the curve, he is one (maybe two) steps ahead of everyone else. Has it always looked that way? No, because he screwed up a bit over the last 4-5 improving the team - we had more draft picks than anyone in football for a large stretch of that time and they made mistakes. They made mistakes in free agency and the draft - it happens - but despite all that they still managed to find good players here and there...and of course they out coached everyone else.

I could list 50 players that we drafted,traded for, or signed as free agents over the last five years that hurt this team (by not helping it). The previous five years BB was lights out, but the time and resources that we have wasted over the last five years has held them back when they were at the cusp of winning another championship. Again I'm not saying he did a terrible job, just not up to his standards that I came to expect from what he did the first five years he was here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I've said it before, I'll say it again...BB is the best coach in football. Is he behind the curve? In my opinion absolutely not. This guy invented the curve, he is one (maybe two) steps ahead of everyone else. Has it always looked that way? No, because he screwed up a bit over the last 4-5 improving the team - we had more draft picks than anyone in football for a large stretch of that time and they made mistakes. They made mistakes in free agency and the draft - it happens - but despite all that they still managed to find good players here and there...and of course they out coached everyone else.

I could list 50 players that we drafted,traded for, or signed as free agents over the last five years that hurt this team (by not helping it). The previous five years BB was lights out, but the time and resources that we have wasted over the last five years has held them back when they were at the cusp of winning another championship. Again I'm not saying he did a terrible job, just not up to his standards that I came to expect from what he did the first five years he was here.

Well said. I believe your sentiments echo EVERYONES here on the board with the exception of the two on the 100% opposite ends of the spectrum...Russel (how can I please myself thinking about BB) and Babe (fire BB yesterday)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

I don't think anyone think it's all BB's fault in the least (that's sensationalizing it and going to an extreme). Contrary to some, most want a couple things done a bit differently because previous practices weren't working as designed. Many labeled BB bashers have come out repeatedly and said they think BB is one of the best coaches in the league and they wouldn't want anyone else. it doesn't mean some things couldn't have been done differently and there weren't better choices out there for some of these options that didn't succeed. The funny thing is those who rag on others for being "BB bashers" at least 1 himself has said that maybe BB's coaching style and personal choices haven't kept up with the change in the league. So, while criticizing others for wanting some changes in things they see have been faulty approaches in the past calling them BB bashers they themselves are doing the same thing. No ones perfect, not even BB, and everyone can improve. Suggesting areas to improve isn't bashing, placing complete blame is though and I see maybe 1 or 2 place complete blame and the forum general laughs at them anyways.

I couldn't have said it better than that....lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

It's the Tooth Fairy's fault for not emphasizing proper flossing technique.

Dayum...I forgot to floss. Plaque....is sorta like Rusty. It just keeps on coming back no matter what...lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

why not.  It's a what have you done for me lately environment for players and coaches alike. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Aren't some of you folks getting sucked into drivel instigated by NY knuckleheads?

Just sayin'

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

It goes:

1. Brady
    2. bustchise
    3. The Cupcake Guild
    4. Other GMs/Cap Hell
    5. espn

I prefer the Cupcake Guild to the Belichick Rump Swabs, cause, well, it's cupcakes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Aren't some of you folks getting sucked into drivel instigated by NY knuckleheads?

Just sayin'

but wait, aren't YOU the biggest NY Jet fan EVER???

Sections
Shortcuts