In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's all BB's fault for keeping a lousy playoff QB like Brady. As everyone knows....it's all Brady's fault.

It's absolutely hysterical that the same person spouts that nonsense every day.  Yep...it's ALL BB's FAULT

LMAO....

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Totally agree, it is almost as nonsensical as suggesting it's all BB's fault. 

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, you read in between the lines with the dripping sarcasm.....

IMO, I don't think anyone in this forum thinks it's all BB's fault.  Not that he hasn't had his lapses in judgement.

My guess is that when people are saying that, they do so with a different motive in mind....lol

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Who the hell else's fault would it be? The man has 100% godlike power. Even if it was Brady, it's still BB.

The buck doesn't stop at Tom Brady or even the defense. The buck stops with the man who saddled us with spygate.

[/QUOTE]

Spygate?  You're a troll.   Everyone with a brain knows that to be a witch hunt and a farce.

This is what i mean about the anti-bb media at espn ruining some pats fans' critical thinking skills

babe is one of the leaders of the Cupcake Guild.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'm sure a dolt like you thinks spygate was a real smart move. Moron. I'll side with Kraft and say BB was a shmuck for doing it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Sums Up BB

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think this thread is simple back draft to Rusty's insistant Brady bashing, nothing more. Lets face it, other than Babe, NO ONE on this board would prefer any other individual or individuals calling the shots

We are all full of "I would do this" comments, but at the end of the day, "in BB we trust" 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think you will find a large number of fans would welcome a change in the GM situation.

In any case, you will never see another Lombardi while BB calls all the shots.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's the Tooth Fairy's fault for not emphasizing proper flossing technique.

[/QUOTE]

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think this thread is simple back draft to Rusty's insistant Brady bashing, nothing more. Lets face it, other than Babe, NO ONE on this board would prefer any other individual or individuals calling the shots

We are all full of "I would do this" comments, but at the end of the day, "in BB we trust" 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think you will find a large number of fans would welcome a change in the GM situation.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Babe, many fans would like to see a change in the GM situation. However, of the fans that post here, while many can find faults here and there with BB the GM, other than you, we dont hear from many who out right call for replacing him.

Of course, replacing the GM, goes hand in hand with the coach also leaving, and NO ONE on this board is an advocate of BB not coaching here, and ditto continuing on as the sole voice and decision maker for the PAts..

While there is tremendous anti Rusty sentiment on this board, it seems many here in their desire to bury Rusty, lump BB in with Rusty due to Russ's man love for BB...this should not be the case. One can bludgeon Rusty on every post as both you and I do, but also be on board with BB in charge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Babe, many fans would like to see a change in the GM situation. However, of the fans that post here, while many can find faults here and there with BB the GM, other than you, we dont hear from many who out right call for replacing him.

Of course, replacing the GM, goes hand in hand with the coach also leaving, and NO ONE on this board is an advocate of BB not coaching here, and ditto continuing on as the sole voice and decision maker for the PAts..

While there is tremendous anti Rusty sentiment on this board, it seems many here in their desire to bury Rusty, lump BB in with Rusty due to Russ's man love for BB...this should not be the case. One can bludgeon Rusty on every post as both you and I do, but also be on board with BB in charge.

[/QUOTE]

I always find it funny how most people here have a habit of always crediting BB the coach with the team's long run of success and blame BB the GM for all of its shortcomings.  The fact is, our GM has consistently provided the coach with players that put this team in position for an opportunity to win it all. 

In fact, our coach has the ability to direct the GM to select the players that he wants.  How many coaches have that kind of influence?  So, if you're going to blame one BB over the other, wouldn't it be BB the coach's fault?  Or, is it BB the GM's fault because he doesn't have the gonads necessary to stand-up to BB the coach?  Or, maybe, BB the coach is actually intimidated by BB the GM and doesn't have the nerve to let him know what he really thinks?! 

On the other hand, maybe BB the coach and BB the GM are conspiring together to drive this team into the ground.  I mean, they haven't won it all in ten years now.  I bet that's the plan...drive the team into the ground, RK becomes distraught and decides to sell the team.  At that point, BB the coach and BB the GM join their financial resources to buy the team from RK and together they become BB the owner!  At that point, they acquire super human powers that enable them to put together an NFL team that consistently has undefeated seasons every year! 

My god...it's so diabolical, they just might be able to pull it off! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Being a great coach is one thing, being a great GM is another.    BB's absolute control has hurt the Patriots in many areas, just look at the defense performance the past few years, one of the worst because of poor drafting and FA pickups.  The in early years with Scott Pioli at least there was some reign on BB's control over every aspect of the team, now there isn't and it has cost the Pats a SB ring without a doubt.

The Pats have been able to overcome this by having the greatest QB of all time and a very pathetic AFC east.

And let's not forget that Brady was like winning the lottery, QB's drafted in the six round usually never make the team, let alone start.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Being a great coach is one thing, being a great GM is another.    BB's absolute control has hurt the Patriots in many areas, just look at the defense performance the past few years, one of the worst because of poor drafting and FA pickups.  The in early years with Scott Pioli at least there was some reign on BB's control over every aspect of the team, now there isn't and it has cost the Pats a SB ring without a doubt.

The Pats have been able to overcome this by having the greatest QB of all time and a very pathetic AFC east.

And let's not forget that Brady was like winning the lottery, QB's drafted in the six round usually never make the team, let alone start.

[/QUOTE]

Since their last Super Bowl victory, this team has been in two more Super Bowls (both of which were decided in the last couple of minutes) and a few more championship games.  It sounds to me like a good deal of success. 

In this age of parity, what distinguishes  a win from a loss is typically the culmination of numerous factors, such as, injuries, poor execution, and literally the bounce of the ball.  Despite this parity, BB continues to put this team in position to challenge for the championship every year.  He does this through brilliant (though not always perfect) coaching and excellent (though not always perfect) drafting/trading.  I can't even begin to imagine who this team could bring in as either a GM or a head coach that could enhance what he is doing in both roles.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since their last Super Bowl victory, this team has been in two more Super Bowls (both of which were decided in the last couple of minutes) and a few more championship games.  It sounds to me like a good deal of success. 

In this age of parity, what distinguishes  a win from a loss is typically the culmination of numerous factors, such as, injuries, poor execution, and literally the bounce of the ball.  Despite this parity, BB continues to put this team in position to challenge for the championship every year.  He does this through brilliant (though not always perfect) coaching and excellent (though not always perfect) drafting/trading.  I can't even begin to imagine who this team could bring in as either a GM or a head coach that could enhance what he is doing in both roles.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well said, and sums up the feelings of most level headed Pats fans across the country.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well said, and sums up the feelings of most level headed Pats fans across the country.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  It's good to make our presence known, from time to time.  It's easy to get lost in the sea of negativity that seems to permeate around here, if it's left unchecked.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Superb post.  But, keep in mind, FootballExpert45 is Bustchise. His jealousy is an outright delight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  It's good to make our presence known, from time to time.  It's easy to get lost in the sea of negativity that seems to permeate around here, if it's left unchecked.

[/QUOTE]

good comments on everyone's part. Forums are a form of entertainment. Postive comments don't get much attention or discussion.  In a lot of ways, that's what happens in just about every entertainment format. The more drama the better.  News that is bad/negative attracts more opinions than good news. 

Sections
Shortcuts