Sums Up The Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Re: Sums Up The Defense

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I could see if the coaching made no mistakes in the game, but even that aspect was off.  Time management fall squarely on the coaching staff.   There were no meaningful adjustments during the game.  Not one aspect of the team did well... in a close game mistakes add up.  The offense committed two major ones and the other parts of the team could not help out by making field position easier or stealing any type of momentum to turn the tide.  

The Pats lost by bleeding out from 1000 cuts...  The giants coaching staff played their game in both super bowls.  Anyone who doubts it only has to look at how they were able to beat up on the Pats.  Their game plan worked so well the first time they doubled downed and won again!  We can all agree that plays have to be made on the field but a coaches job is to make the game easier and put the team in position to win.  

Placing all the pressure on one side of the ball and hoping for a hold from the D does not cut it.  If the Pats D played aggressive and just got beat is one thing but all four quarters they played the same style and waited for the giants to make mistakes that never came.

Play calling and time management are the two things a coaching staff can control and they just did not do it well.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, Giants' errors did occur.  They put the ball on the ground a couple of times, but the Patriots were unable to capitalize due to stupid mistakes, such as, 12 men on the field.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

If you want to blame SB 42 on the coaching/game plan/lack of in game adjustments I can fully understand those things being the majority of the reasons for that loss.

In SB 46 the game plan was not at fault for a player taking safety, 12 men on the field, offsides, an INT or multiple dropped balls… especially one that would have iced the game. The majority of the reasons for that loss was that the stars/core players on that team failed to execute in crunch time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Honestly, it's hard for me to blame the coaching for either Super Bowl loss.  I just don't know what the Pats could have done in SB 42 other than get new offensive linemen.  With the mismatch between our O line and the Giants defensive front, we couldn't run effectively (according to Heath Evans, the game plan was to run a lot, but the blocking failed) and we couldn't pass.  It was just a bad match up. 

In SB 46, all the things Ghost mentioned are spot on.  There were lots of execution failures.  Once Gronk got hurt against Baltimore, I thought our chances were significantly diminished as the offense was not very effective without him and the defense just wasn't reliable.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Honestly, it's hard for me to blame the coaching for either Super Bowl loss.  I just don't know what the Pats could have done in SB 42 other than get new offensive linemen.  With the mismatch between our O line and the Giants defensive front, we couldn't run effectively (according to Heath Evans, the game plan was to run a lot, but the blocking failed) and we couldn't pass.  It was just a bad match up. 

In SB 46, all the things Ghost mentioned are spot on.  There were lots of execution failures.  Once Gronk got hurt against Baltimore, I thought our chances were significantly diminished as the offense was not very effective without him and the defense just wasn't reliable.  

[/QUOTE]
    Many good points have been made in this thread for all sides of the debate…but as a group have done a pretty good job of beating the dead horse on this one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Many good points have been made in this thread for all sides of the debate…but as a group have done a pretty good job of beating the dead horse on this one.

[/QUOTE]

It is because bustchise and his brainwashed anti-bb trolls keep trying to pretend execution collapses are examples of being "outcoached".

Look at moron da truth.