Sunday forecast

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Sunday forecast

Talking 40s and wind for the game.....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Re: Sunday forecast

Windy would be nice! Would definitely affect Flaccos heaves

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

THis is the NOAA Forecast for Sunday, January 20th:

Temperatures high on the north side of The Razor. Winds blowing hot from the north. Points by Patriots to exceed previous marks against Ravens. Baltimore points to be in the teens. 95% chance of rain in the Baltimore locker room following the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Let it blow, let it blow, let it blow.

Wind is the best weather element the Pats could hope for IMO.  More important than cold or snow.  Significant wind would take away the deep pass that Flacco is using so often.  Brady favors more of a short passing game and has far less arc on his ball.  Flacco throws a moon ball when he throws deep.

In the short passing game the Ravens have Rice and Pitta but not much else.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

No, that's in the sun if there is any. Will be 20s by 7 PM.

OMG...you are a football GM and a meteoroligist?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Umm, no, I just know they list the high as the forecast for the day, Corky. 40 is the high with steady winds, but once it gets past sunset, expect a temperature drop.

Is this kind of thing really that difficult for you? On the other thread you asked why I read ESPN, when it was really an AP article.

Dont you tire of being dumb?

your link is an ESPN link dumb dumb

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

flacco wont be able to throw the deep pass accurately in the wind and the Patriots can stop any running game. brady's game wont be bothered by the wind at all.  

no turnovers and we win going away imo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Hmmm seems on the radio today that analysts were saying that Flacco disected the Pats D the first go-round throwing short to intermiediate crossing routes not deep balls. That would not be affected by the wind. Not from a strong armed QB.

I don't recall the game much myself. 

I know in general most people focus on and remember what they saw last and react to that as if it's just the way it always is. It would not suprise me if the analysts are correct and people just assume because of what happened against Denver that it is the only way Flacco throws.

No idea.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Umm, no, I just know they list the high as the forecast for the day, Corky. 40 is the high with steady winds, but once it gets past sunset, expect a temperature drop.

Is this kind of thing really that difficult for you? On the other thread you asked why I read ESPN, when it was really an AP article.

Dont you tire of being dumb?

your link is an ESPN link dumb dumb

It's an AP sourced article, Corky.

Christ, are you dumb.  Go back to Tufts and ask them to rescind that diploma. You don't even know what a source is and how to look for it. Just because ESPN picks it up, doesn't mean that is the source.

I shouldn't have to explain Journalism 101 to you.

you linked ESPN...I thought you didnt read the rag? Oh yeah, you lie to suit your needs...you obviously read ESPN....so stop ragging on ESPN and admit you read and watch.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

angry? hard to be angry when I am laughing so hard at what a dolt you are. Do you really believe yourself? you are the biggest tool here, everyone knows it, and eveyone comments on it...

seems you are going to back pedal about hating espn and never reading it or watching it, and anyone who does drank the cool aid and is a moron. looks like you are the moron.

now is the time for you to reply I said Sanchez was good 2 years ago 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The newest weather forecast calls for the Patriots to rain points on the Ravens

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I totally disagree with this thinking that a windy game will help us - we are a passing team - wind is not good. I've seen Flacco play live and the guy has a rocket arm, I'm not sure the wind is going to affect him or a team that runs as much as they do. We on the other hand don't run it as consistently well and throw the ball all over the field. If it was a case of rain, I'd be all for it (Brady handles the ball very well in the rain and a wet field stops a pass rush), but the wind? Our pssing game is driven off accuracy and timing..the wind can mess with that big time. And the Ravens can cover.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

The warmer the better for the Pats. The Ravens' "D" has got to be worn, after defensing over 140 plays in their first two playoff games. The Pats' offense should be able to gradually wear the Buzzards' "D" down.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

And Back To The Weather, We Got 4 Inches Of The White Stuff Here In Buxton TodAY...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to user_4413295's comment:

Windy would be terrible. The Pats are more dependant on the passing attack than the Ravens are. Only rain would be worse. Snow on the other hand would be great.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Hmmm seems on the radio today that analysts were saying that Flacco disected the Pats D the first go-round throwing short to intermiediate crossing routes not deep balls. That would not be affected by the wind. Not from a strong armed QB.

I don't recall the game much myself. 

I know in general most people focus on and remember what they saw last and react to that as if it's just the way it always is. It would not suprise me if the analysts are correct and people just assume because of what happened against Denver that it is the only way Flacco throws.

No idea.

This is accurate. It's not the aerodynamics that always wins the fight, It's how smarter yours is. The smarter team wins. The Ravens are smart too. It'll be interesting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Windy would be terrible. The Pats are more dependant on the passing attack than the Ravens are. Only rain would be worse. Snow on the other hand would be great.

Normally I'd agree...but Brady has the ability for his passes to cut through the wind.  Flacco definitely throws rainbows up there and those are bound to come down short or whatever... The shorter the pass with less arc, the more normal they'll turn out.  I don't think that will be as much of an issue for Brady. 

We've seen the Ravens live and live by the deep pass...so we'll see what happens.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to ccsjl's comment:

The warmer the better for the Pats. The Ravens' "D" has got to be worn, after defensing over 140 plays in their first two playoff games. The Pats' offense should be able to gradually wear the Buzzards' "D" down.  

Agreed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Except that Brady is one of the best ever at passing in wind (as opposed to "passing wind," where Ray Lewis gets the nod).

I don't think the Ravens will be able to win this game strictly on the ground; Pats front-7 is really good now. Flacco will have to throw, and with wind, he will have to throw accurately, and match sustained drives with Brady. He may be able to do so; I have my doubts.

Sections
Shortcuts