Sunday forecast

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: Sunday forecast

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

In response to ccnsd's comment:

In response to user_4413295's comment:

Windy would be nice! Would definitely affect Flaccos heaves

Windy would be terrible. The Pats are more dependant on the passing attack than the Ravens are. Only rain would be worse. Snow on the other hand would be great.

Except that Brady is one of the best ever at passing in wind (as opposed to "passing wind," where Ray Lewis gets the nod).

I don't think the Ravens will be able to win this game strictly on the ground; Pats front-7 is really good now. Flacco will have to throw, and with wind, he will have to throw accurately, and match sustained drives with Brady. He may be able to do so; I have my doubts.

Different teams and a different year but I recall Brady and the 2007 Pats struggling mightily in 2007 against the Ravens in a very windy environment. The Pats needed one of the most clutch drives in NFL history to win that game. Brady really struggled in the wind that day. Flacco did not play that day so who knows about him. I remember some Buffalo games  (2010 I believe) where the Pats struggled with the passing game in the wind but won it with the running attack. I do not believe they can beat the Raven's running the ball this saturday. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

In response to user_4413295's comment:

Windy would be nice! Would definitely affect Flaccos heaves

Windy would be terrible. The Pats are more dependant on the passing attack than the Ravens are. Only rain would be worse. Snow on the other hand would be great.

Except that Brady is one of the best ever at passing in wind (as opposed to "passing wind," where Ray Lewis gets the nod).

I don't think the Ravens will be able to win this game strictly on the ground; Pats front-7 is really good now. Flacco will have to throw, and with wind, he will have to throw accurately, and match sustained drives with Brady. He may be able to do so; I have my doubts.

Different teams and a different year but I recall Brady and the 2007 Pats struggling mightily in 2007 against the Ravens in a very windy environment. The Pats needed one of the most clutch drives in NFL history to win that game. Brady really struggled in the wind that day. Flacco did not play that day so who knows about him. I remember some Buffalo games  (2010 I believe) where the Pats struggled with the passing game in the wind but won it with the running attack. I do not believe they can beat the Raven's running the ball this saturday. 

I remember that Ravens game well; dang, forgot who caught the winning touchdown in the corner of the end zone.

But the winds were gusting to 40 mph in that game. Brady has said that he can throw with pretty good accuracy up to 25 mph; above that, it's a crapshoot.

The "forecast" calls for 19-mph winds. We'll see. During midweek of the SF game, the forecast was for snow, yielding to sleet and freezing rain. All we got was regular rain.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I disagree that the ravens are a better run team then we are. If we want to run the ball down their throats we can.

Ridley>Rice imo.

Our O-line> Ravens O-line imo,

and of course Brady> Flacco throwing in bad weather.

But I would still rather have good weather as our defense has some young players that imo didn't play well in the SF loss due to poor footing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

No, that's in the sun if there is any. Will be 20s by 7 PM.

This is correct according to latest forecast on CSN. High 20s at start of game, low 20s by end of game...wind chill in the low teens.

Sections
Shortcuts