SUPER BOWL Analysis and Prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: SUPER BOWL Analysis and Prediction

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to coolade2's comment:

In response to NOISE's comment:

tex...  I didnt have to read your entire analysis since i knew you were going denver.  You tend to like the favorites.  There is a chance denver can get some yards but it was a bit too easy against the arrington and dennard midget show that belichick drew up.  So not very likely to go like that against #1 D seattle.

You saw it here first....  Seattle in a blowout. Here's how and why:

Pete Carroll will implement a successful , innovative and resourceful game plan.  On defense they will dare Peyton to throw the ball and pick off a couple wobblers that are certain to happen in cold weather with an old QB who grips it too tight.   Seattle will mix up their stunts and confuse the Oline of Denver while getting some sacks and controlling the run.  basically shutting down a frustrated    manning.

On offense you will see a strategy to get Denver's fat guys running around on first down chasing Wilson's roll outs, then a steady diet of marshawn on 2nd down.  This combination will loosen up and expose denvers defensive weaknesses.  Wilson will extend plays and hit guys running free.  He will also run for an easy 60-80 yards with hapless DLs chasing him.  lynch will get 150 plus on the ground.

This game isn't close.  It will be Pete Carroll's day with Wilson getting MVP although it should go to a defensive player. 34-10

Good call, Seattle in blowout!

Thanks a lot. . It kind of unfolded exactly like I thought .  Right down to the picked off wobblers but more importantly,the creative offensive game plan which blew Denver's DLs out of the water and exposed their weakness on the outside.  sure wish mcd and BB could show that creativity.  Ain't got it . Sad.

Except there was NOTHING "innovative" about what Seattle does.  That's just a ridiculous claim. They line up in a 4-3, with speed, athleticism, play, and beat you up. They do the same thing every week and if they execute, which they most always do minus a couple road games this year, teams who do not fight the fire with the fire (physical, smash mouth run game based offnese), lose.

Sherman said it himself.  It was a terrible match for Denver. Terrible.

The only chance Denver had is if their own D maybe picked Wilson a couple of times or a combo of an INT and Lynch fumble.  

didn't you see the nose tackle dropping into coverage...?   That is different if not innovative.   didn't see Patriots doing that although Chris jones probably would have had better luck clogging up the middle of Peytons crossing patterns than actually putting pressure on the QB.

Sorry you don't like the word innovative but Carrol is 10 times more innovative than Belichick at this point.  How'd you like that handoff to harvin...?   Ya think maybe amendola could do that...?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Only thing I screwed up was that I got the MVP backwards.   It went to the defensive guy and it should have gone to Wilson  (123.1 passer rating)  ....lol. 

Tough call, Wilson played well but the defense (and STs) was responsible for most of the points and they shut down the great Peyton, so a defensive player getting it is probably the right choice. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

tex...  I didnt have to read your entire analysis since i knew you were going denver.  You tend to like the favorites.  There is a chance denver can get some yards but it was a bit too easy against the arrington and dennard midget show that belichick drew up.  So not very likely to go like that against #1 D seattle.

Pete Carroll will implement a successful , innovative and resourceful game plan.  On defense they will dare Peyton to throw the ball and pick off a couple wobblers that are certain to happen in cold weather with an old QB who grips it too tight.   Seattle will mix up their stunts and confuse the Oline of Denver while getting some sacks and controlling the run.  basically shutting down a frustrated    manning.

On offense you will see a strategy to get Denver's fat guys running around on first down chasing Wilson's roll outs, then a steady diet of marshawn on 2nd down.  This combination will loosen up and expose denvers defensive weaknesses.  Wilson will extend plays and hit guys running free.  He will also run for an easy 60-80 yards with hapless DLs chasing him.  lynch will get 150 plus on the ground.

This game isn't close.  It will be Pete Carroll's day with Wilson getting MVP although it should go to a defensive player. 34-10

Good call, Seattle in blowout!

Thanks a lot. . It kind of unfolded exactly like I thought .  Right down to the picked off wobblers but more importantly,the creative offensive game plan which blew Denver's DLs out of the water and exposed their weakness on the outside.  sure wish mcd and BB could show that creativity.  Ain't got it . Sad.

Except there was NOTHING "innovative" about what Seattle does.  That's just a ridiculous claim. They line up in a 4-3, with speed, athleticism, play, and beat you up. They do the same thing every week and if they execute, which they most always do minus a couple road games this year, teams who do not fight the fire with the fire (physical, smash mouth run game based offnese), lose.

Sherman said it himself.  It was a terrible match for Denver. Terrible.

The only chance Denver had is if their own D maybe picked Wilson a couple of times or a combo of an INT and Lynch fumble.  

didn't you see the nose tackle dropping into coverage...?   That is different if not innovative.   didn't see Patriots doing that although Chris jones probably would have had better luck clogging up the middle of Peytons crossing patterns than actually putting pressure on the QB.

Sorry you don't like the word innovative but Carrol is 10 times more innovative than Belichick at this point.  How'd you like that handoff to harvin...?   Ya think maybe amendola could do that...?

This is easily one of the dumbest statements I've ever seen on this board.

Pete Carroll has never been known as anything remotely near the word "innovative" ever.

Seattle lines up like I said and simply winds themselves up as a unit. End of story. Also, Quinn calls the plays. Carroll just bends over with this hands on his knees like he's still playing and it's 1972.

lmao

I just listed 2 plays that "Carroll's team" implemented ( sorry to infer that credit to Carrol himself)....   one play on either side of the ball....  both of which were successful plays that contributed to the domination....  and both of which are not part of "conventional" NFL offenses INcluding New England.

therefore ...  I would consider Carrolls team Seattle to be more innovative or if you prefer MORE unconventional than Belichicks TEAM.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Only thing I screwed up was that I got the MVP backwards.   It went to the defensive guy and it should have gone to Wilson  (123.1 passer rating)  ....lol. 

Tough call, Wilson played well but the defense (and STs) was responsible for most of the points and they shut down the great Peyton, so a defensive player getting it is probably the right choice. 

it was a tough call and when you think of how the game started how can you not give it to Cam chancellor?  He drills D. thomas and knocks him on his asz(setting the tone)  then picks off Peyton making an incredible effort ot hold onto the dying duck as it flutters behind him....   Those 2 plays were huge getting them rolling .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

You sure you don't want to rethink that?

um..... . I don't think so at the moment.  But thank you for asking. 

I bow to you. In fact you were generous; you obviously knew the AFC was not as intense, and it wasn't just a fandom thing. My bad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I bow to you. In fact you were generous; you obviously knew the AFC was not as intense, and it wasn't just a fandom thing. My bad.

Well basically what I knew was that I had a vision of how the game would play out after watching the 2 teams play...  and getting a feel for the coaches and how they would coach.  the truest part of it is that Pete Carroll knows how to prepare a team with a great gameplan and scheme.   these are all belichick type players...  right?  5th rounders, udas... a game manager QB and a couple blue chippers.  Coach em up and produce a swagger ... then put the players in a position to win.  Kind of shocking when it comes off like that ...lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Well basically what I knew was that I had a vision of how the game would play out after watching the 2 teams play...  and getting a feel for the coaches and how they would coach.  the truest part of it is that Pete Carroll knows how to prepare a team with a great gameplan and scheme.   these are all belichick type players...  right?  5th rounders, udas... a game manager QB and a couple blue chippers.  Coach em up and produce a swagger ... then put the players in a position to win.  Kind of shocking when it comes off like that ...lol.

kudos

Sections
Shortcuts